Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,871 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• Hello, I am just changing my Mac to M1 Mac.

I read the thread but please explain me, what is not compatible now? I am using VEP7 on a PC connected to my DAW Mac. Will I be able to use my templates on LOGIC with AU3 and AU2 VEP7 plugin? 

• last edited
    last edited

@Adia said:

Hello, I am just changing my Mac to M1 Mac.

I read the thread but please explain me, what is not compatible now? I am using VEP7 on a PC connected to my DAW Mac. Will I be able to use my templates on LOGIC with AU3 and AU2 VEP7 plugin? 

Logic will be fine. Unless you're a DP user everything is working via Rosetta. Only DP's MAS version of the VEP plugin isn't compatible. 

• Thank you for saying this.. Does Rosetta slow down the VEP7 plugin or it does not matter at all? ( I mean not the slow down like 3% but like 20%)? 

Will I be able to run the VEP Server on the M1?

• VEP running in Rosetta seems a bit faster on my M1 Max than it did on my MacPro. And, yes. The server runs on an M1.

• The performance here is certainly better than it's ever performed, I credit the system on chip architecture.
    But, trying to use BFD3 in it brought the system to its knees, haven't seen anything like it since I had a drastically underspec computer early this century.

• Please let us know when it will release?.....tired of waiting U2B m1 version of VEP7

• As people have already pointed out in other threads and forums:

We need the VEP VST3 plugin first and foremost converted to Apple Silicon, the server can wait since that could be off-loaded onto other computers, and/or can be run in Rosetta as it is not as dependent on CPU as the DAW that uses heavy audio processing with effects and signal chains.

If a plugin is not native Silicon, it will not show up if the entire DAW doesn't run in Rosetta. Which is much slower than running native. So basically, that makes VEP useless for any Apple Silicon user at this point since it will vastly reduce the performance of all other plugins.

I understand that iLok had to be a priority, and that software developers (which I partly work as myself) can't just wave a magic wand, but it would be nice to have some kind of roadmap made public now that it's been more than two years since the release of M1, so we can start planning the transition. My Mac Pro 2013 is running on fumes, and it seems like a total waste to have to buy an Intel machine just because VSL can't give any information about this.

• I agree, looking forward to some kind of news when we can expect m1 native support. 

• Although this thread has focused a lot on the use of DP and MAS plugins I do have small comment on the topic in the original title. I have been running Logic on an M1Max MBP in native mode with VEPPro AU version for months now. You do not need to start it in Rosetta mode except when you have other plugins which do not work (Logic normally identified those at startup).  I think as long as the plugin is or supports AU it works in Logic. No need for Rosetta.

On the other hand Cubase and Dorico have to be started in Rosetta to make the VST3 version of VEPPro work.

• I'm connecting VE Pro to Nuendo 11.0.41. So, both are under the Rosetta translation. 
    Performance is fantastic. VEP seems to load a project a wee bit slower, or than I'm expecting, Nuendo is loading a project really taking its time, and the slowness is loadiong audio channels with plugins, most of which are Vienna Suite.

For me, if I go to Cubase 12, I may "need" VEP to be native. However I don't feel the need for that at this juncture. So, not to be contrary, but the VEP plugin here is the same priority as the other plugins once I, if ever, get there.

• sorry, except for VI and Synchron plugins, I'm going to run those in VEP, period. But VS being native is almost as important (mostly because I'm having to run BFD3 in Cubendo). But again, the performance is through the roof good here, with various niggles per the UX.

• last edited
    last edited

Totally agree I have a M1 Mac Mini and VEP7 is the last on my list to refresh the environment of a silicon native. It's a shame that all the main DAWS are inside M1 now and VEP7 which is the bridge for all of them is not!

I demand as Vienna User a clear response under this matter.

@snattack said:

As people have already pointed out in other threads and forums:

We need the VEP VST3 plugin first and foremost converted to Apple Silicon, the server can wait since that could be off-loaded onto other computers, and/or can be run in Rosetta as it is not as dependent on CPU as the DAW that uses heavy audio processing with effects and signal chains.

If a plugin is not native Silicon, it will not show up if the entire DAW doesn't run in Rosetta. Which is much slower than running native. So basically, that makes VEP useless for any Apple Silicon user at this point since it will vastly reduce the performance of all other plugins.

I understand that iLok had to be a priority, and that software developers (which I partly work as myself) can't just wave a magic wand, but it would be nice to have some kind of roadmap made public now that it's been more than two years since the release of M1, so we can start planning the transition. My Mac Pro 2013 is running on fumes, and it seems like a total waste to have to buy an Intel machine just because VSL can't give any information about this.

• VEP does seem to be brining up the rear among developers in the transition to M1 at this point. Everything in my system apart from VEP is running M1 native now. It's been a while since VSL has chimed in on this thread. An update would be appreciated - even a reaffirmation of VEP's priority would be good to hear. 

Re "We need the VEP VST3 plugin first and foremost converted to Apple Silicon"

I'm a MAS user so it would be my priority, but I agree. If it's possible to make the VEP plugins M1 native ahead of the server (which seems okay running in Rosetta), that would make life better.

• I am waiting for Apple Silicon M1 support, too.

Although VSL announced sth. long time ago, nothing has happened until today!

Still, I have to restart Studio One in Rosetta mode to work with the VST version of the Synchron Player. In native mode there is only the AU Player available.
    The same with Dorico. Not a single VSL plugin or player shows up when you run it native, forget about the templates... !?!

Frankly, that's a big shame! The Player environment is CORE.
    I can understand that the transition from elicenser to ilok was a big thing. But as it seems, there are enough resources to come up with new libraries every month – hmmm?!?

VSL must also take care for the existing customers, who already spent a lot of money for their products.
    Most of the big brands, also the smaller 3rd party plugin developers have updated to M1 support – why not VSL.

This situation is ridiculous, sorry VSL team!

• Just a small side-note here on the releases of new VSL libraries while many customers are waiting for M1 native coding in VSL's current software products.

Library editors, whose painstaking, highly skilled craft and art play a huge part in making VSL's sample libraries world class, aren't necessarily also skilled in programming and coding software.

What were VSL's library editors supposed to do while all software hands were on deck working hard to get the iLok transition done? Just sit there twiddling their thumbs?

• Tired to wait for Apple Silicon M1 support.. so disappointed

• Hello VSL people! I read most of the post here. Is this the issue here. I have a VEP template on my PC set up on multiple MIDI channels for using on Logic with   VEP AU3 plugin, and now I bought the M1 Mac. VEP 3 plugin does not show up even though it has passed validation. It has been a lot of time already since invention of the M1. Is this the issue of the plugin and I need to work with Rosetta on Logic just for this reason??? No??????????!!!!! Errata it is not validating !!!! Shame for VSL if this is true. IS there any solution?

• So is the support doing SOMETHING? Is there ANY reply for my question? I would like to here from you, OK I understand you were busy with converting iLok but we have M1 machines and we need to work properly. at lease with VEP Plugin AU3. Any solution??

• "Are we nearly there yet Daddy?"

Lolol.

• Are we nearly there yet? Please... please let us know progression about m1 native & VST3