Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,858 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,940 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 9 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

•   To be fair to VSL, they are not the only company with plug ins or DAWs not ported, Pro Tools native is still an open beta, and Reason Studios isn't even in beta. Then there's Air, PSP, NI, Audio Ease, Nomad Factory etc. 

You'll notice all these companies are more than 10 years old, technical debt piles up, NI admitted that some of their plug ins have 15 year old GUI code. Reaktor their oldest product is last in line for native support. Who knows if Air or  Nomad Factory will ever port? PSP have been going one plug in every couple months for a long time now. 

• Okay, ya I get the pride thing.  I can see how they want to say VEP is native and here are all of our instruments that can run in VEP natively.

And at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it's VEP8 with new features and AS native.  If that's the case, it would certainly help explain why it's taken so long.

I'm just still frustrated that they didn't focus on the bridge plugin.  I've said it before and I'm saying it again, I just need the bridge plugin to run natively and then everything will be great.  VEP is a tool, it's meant to be a workflow solution and it feels like marketing has taken over and said, no no, we have to have new features and a new version and it all has to be released with our other products.  But from my point of view, I just want to use the tool that has become essential to my workflow.  I would have happily paid $20 (or more) for the bridge plugin to be updated and then they can take all the time they need to release VEP8.

• I have to agree with rockdude9k. I am now at the stage where I have reworked my Cubase template and I need to delete all my non M1 compliant plugins. Whether Universal Audio, NI, iZotope etc..
    There are important software, like your Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 that provides so many other instruments for me on different servers.
    I wouldn't know how to organize all my instruments without Vienna Ensemble Pro 7. It would be similar to NI saying, they don't care about the Kontakt 7 plugin anymore.
    So my please to you, make our most important tool (At least for me and all who have bigger templates) a higher priority in your development.

• VEP might actually be a dead-end product.  The ability to stream audio and MIDI between hosts and among machines on a LAN is possible with cheap or free tools now.  Not as robustly or comprehensively at the moment as VEP does it, but it's just a matter of time until there's a decent free workflow that replicates VEP functionality.  So where's the incentive for VSL to invest in a product that will not be able to attract new users?  It's a bummer, especially for those of us who have invested time into our templates and have an established workflow, but that's how I see it.  

Maybe we can get just one more update that makes the plugin AS Native?  Pretty please?  Bunch of people would buy it...

• I don’t think that everyone who does this professionally wants a free solution that’s feature-poor and doesn’t have a company behind it with the resources to fix things. I like little developers but I don’t want my whole rig to be waiting on someone sitting at a computer in their basement who isn’t paid to support the app. The idea of endless free software is a dead-end one to me - hoping something works, building a rig around it, and then when the dev has to go work for a pharmaceutical company, having to change platforms entirely. But at least it was free, so I saved - what: $300US for two licenses? And lost days and days of work? That’s the definition of false economy.