Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,126 users have contributed to 42,275 threads and 254,983 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• Hi Guido,

Thanks for your interest!
    The promotional prices are valid through July 31, 2019.

Best,
    Stefan

• Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the quick response!

Best,Guido

• I just got the offer to crossgrade to the Synchron SE. To be honest I had moved on from VSL SE to other libraries but..wow, I am so glad I took up the offer. It's like a whole different library. Very good. Congratulations.

• But oh dear then I read this:

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/vsl-instrument-licenses-vanished-from-e-licenser.82482/

Why oh why oh why did you go down the eLicensor route VSL? So sad.

I cannot imagine investing more than €35 given what I read in that link! And before you say it..no..I won't buy your insurance.

But as someone points out in that thread..you are not going to change your Draconian stance. So be it.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi oshaginko,

Glad to hear that you like your crossgrade!

We know that copy protection is a sensitive matter, and we are working with the technical possibilities we are provided with by eLicenser.

If you are on the road a lot, the Vienna Protection Plan is your best bet for peace of mind, as it covers all possible scenarios. Of course it is optional and it's your decision.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks Paul. 

Wow yes it sure is a sensitive matter, I had no idea, and I am sure you are bored to tears with discussing it!

I can see the anger arises from paying for the protection..but now I look at it, you are asking €35 per year for total protection (is that right?) which seems OK to me. 

The Synchron player really does make me want to come back to VSL ..it's really wonderfully simple and just better.

• Hi oshaginko, 

I agree, the Synchron Player is a very attractive asset, and we have also improved the samples quite a bit.

Vienna Protection Plan: Yes, 35 EUR per year (for each key, and you can move the protection license around if you like). 

Best,
    Paul

• I got the Synchron-ized Dimension Strings Special Edition last week and wow, it's been a great week since then.

• The sound is great when paired with MIR, no muddyness at all. I love the clearness you get when virtually sitting in third row.
    • Legato works exactly and consistently as I want and expect it to respond. This is just so huge for me, no more fiddling to get those slurred passages to sound right, it just works!
    • The provided articulations are all I need for now, even in the special edition (forced strings would be great, but something's got to give at that price point).
    • I could adjust everything to my preferred control flow for use in Cubase with note expression maps:
      • Articulation changes with keyswitches.
      • Modify the attack via layered staccato patches (for everything!).
      • Control attack via key velocity.
      • Volume crossfade with CC1.
      • Cross-articulation crossfade with CC20.
    • Divisi writing is just so dead simple.

I used to use a competitor's strings library, but DS just does exactly what I want: Great close-up sound, great customizability, and precise and consistent control over the music. I bought it on a whim after another frustrating round of fiddling with said competitor library's slurred legato, and the value has been just amazing.

I really, really hope that you guys will also come out with a Synchron-ized Dimension Brass Special Edition. I'll be the first to line up for that.

• Hi sui, 

THANKS for the great feedback. I agree, Volume 5 is a crazy addition, so it's great that you spread the word!

Let's see what next month brings!

Best, 
    Paul

• Hello Paul,

I would like the Synchron-ized only for the Upright. It's possible? I don't understand your prices and where it's offered.

Thank you.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Claude Marc,

That's not possible. The Upright Bass in a SYNCHRON-ized version is only available with SYNCHRON-ized Special Edition Volume 2.

Happy to help with any price questions: support@vsl.co.at

Best,
    Paul