Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,133 users have contributed to 42,275 threads and 254,984 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• Hi SGordB, 

You could automate expression (CC 11). 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi SGordB, 

You could automate expression (CC 11). 

Best, 
    Paul

D'oh! Yes. By setting velocity to control expression and setting the start of the expression curve quite a bit above zero, I can get that supple dynamic range I'm used to. Thanks, Paul! 

• Dear VSL friends,

Some of us have been eagerly awaiting for some Cubase Expression Maps that will work with the new Synchron-ized Special Editions. The news we've been getting has been that they are in the making and they should appear soon. Well, I couldn't wait any longer and have decided to create them myself! It took a while and some really long hours crafting and testing, and finally they are here! I am making them available to anyone who wants to jump right into composing without waisting too much time.

The maps are devided into orchestral sections and also there are a couple of bundles - one for all the strings and also another one for the entire Synchron-ized SE Bundle. They are made with the PLUS user in mind, but they can be easily modified to work with the standard non-PLUS editions. Not sure how VSL official maps will be constructed, but I ended up with 108 individual expression maps covering the entire collection! Very few instruments have exact same configuration in the dimension tree and most have their unique set of articulations. VSL has done a great job of keeping the consitency! All maps that I've created are neatly labeled in the logical order in which instruments appear in the Preset tab of the Synchron Player.

I want to thank Paul for providing me with an example of what an actual Synchron based expression map may look like a few days ago, which was taken from another VSL Synchron library.

So folks, feel free to head down to my Gumroad page and grab those maps! I hope they are useful to many people!

Best to you and happy composing!

-ZWaves

https://gumroad.com/zwaves

• last edited
    last edited

Thanks Paul.  I used the Synchorn Installer which worked fine and also reformatted the Samsung T5. Everything is flowing smoothly now. By the way, even though the the Steinway Piano maybe a lighter version, it sounds fantastic!

@Paul said:

Hi horsehead, 

Also, the Samsung T5 often comes formatted as ExFAT, which works very poorly with our data format. 

Best to reformat as macOS, then installation will work. 

Best,
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

Hi horsehead,

Glad to see things have worked out good! I bet reformatting the T5 has helped a lot! The ExFAT file structure is not very friendly for audio. The "light" Stenway D-274 is a gorgeous piano indeed! I love the sound of it and it is quickly becoming my favorite piano!

Paul,

You are spoiling us here ๐Ÿ˜›

• Hi Paul,

just writing as I now have the Synchron S.E volume 1 as the upgrade from the VI Special Edition. Thanks for the great price!

I'm considering to get the Extra articulations for strings etc. I already had the Woodwind, and the Brass plus libraries from the VI series, however, I did not purchase the strings plus version, as I already had the full orchestral strings and I could easily add trills and other things to the VI SE matrixes.

.Is there going to be some kind of upgrade price for this is you have the Woodwind, and Brass plus libraries from the original SE plus libraries? I can guess I wouldn't get any discount for the whole of the plus librariy though, as I didn't purchase the strings.

Thank you for your help with my questions.

best,

Steve

• Hi Steve, 

You will need to complete your SE Vol 1 PLUS, then you get the crossgrade price to the SYNCHRON-ized version. 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Paul,

Thank you kindly for your reply and for letting me know.

all the best,

Steve๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Hi Paul,

another quick question. If the SE Synchron needs 63.6 GB free hard drive space, and my hard drive with samples [vsl plus other libraries], has 171 gb out of 931 gb left. That will mean I will still have 109 gb left. Is that enough spare space on the drive?

thanks if you can estimate this for me,

Steve :-)

• HI Steve, 

Depends on the drive. If it's an SSD drive, then no problem. With spinning drives, 10% should also work, but COULD cause troubles. I recommend 15-20% free space on a spinning drive. 

Best,
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Paul,

thanks for that extra information Paul  Much appreciated๐Ÿ˜ƒ!

Steve ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Attempting to load the prepared piano from SE2 crashes the host (Cubase, or VE in standalone). Anyone else having this problem?

• Hi Jimmy, 

Which OS, which player?

Best, 
    Paul

• Hi Paul,

I'm on Win10, Synchron Player 1.1.1559. Loading the Synchron Player either as an instrument track in Cubase 10.0.30., or as a standalone inside Vienna Ensemble 6.0.18067. The prepared piano crashes both.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

That should work with the latest release 1.1.1621, did you check?

Best,
    Paul

• Oh, I missed the latest Synchron Player update, sorry about that. No issues now.

• hi Paul,

in the new Dimension String SE versions. do the legato samples have the four layers and also the non-vibrato  and vibrato layers as well [ something I think I recall reading about -I could be wrong though]

Thanks,

Steve :-)

• Hi Steve, 

Same number of velocities as in the bigger collections: 4.
    There are no non-vibrato options for the SY-ized SE Dimension Strings. 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Paul,

thanks for the information.๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

best,

Steve.

• Hi,

I just recieved the offer to crossgrade to 'Special Edition 1' 5 minutes ago in my mailbox. On the website I saw I can upgrade all my Special Editions.

How long does this offer counts? Till August 1st?

Sincerly,

Guido