Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,582 users have contributed to 42,242 threads and 254,854 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 40 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Dietz! I'm messing around with a similar setup, images like this are always helpful. Would you be willing to share your prefered microphone settings for the setup seen in the screenshot. And perhaps more screenshots of instrument placements if you are feeling generous😉

Kind regards

Betuel

@Another User said:

11. If run in VEP and I have 40 instances, will all instruments still be seen in ththe stage map, or only if used in a daw as a plugin?

• last edited
    last edited

@Betuel said:

Hi Dietz! I'm messing around with a similar setup, images like this are always helpful. Would you be willing to share your prefered microphone settings for the setup seen in the screenshot. And perhaps more screenshots of instrument placements if you are feeling generous😉

Kind regards

Betuel

Hi Betuel,

sorry for the slightly delayed reply, but I didn't find the time to gather the data you're asking for during the week. Here comes the MIR Pro Engine Settings file of the unfinished (i.e. broken) MIRx setup of Synchron Stage Vienna. The more detailed screenshots will follow!

Kind regards,

SSV_MIRxSettings_unfinished.zip-1696259149888-g8cja.zip

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Suggested positions for strings and harps:

• Woodwinds

• Historical Winds

• Brass and horns

• Drums, percussion, mallets, glass instruments, keyboards

• Solo voices, choirs, plucked instruments

• General purpose

• ... hope this helps! :-)

• last edited
    last edited

Wow, thank you so much! It sure does. I love MIR so much and how different settings can really change the sound. Thanks again for taking the time.

Warm regards

Betuel

@Dietz said:

... hope this helps! 😊

• Thanks, Dietz. This is awesome! :)

When does the offical MIRx extension come? It's such a long time... I don't understand. 

• Hi Dietz,

these settings are for the narrow view. Did you make presets for the wide view, too?

Which microphones should be used in the wide view? What's your recommendations? I think the Room EQs are the same for both narrow and wide view, right?

Thanks.

• Yes, I made settings for the "wide" orientation, too. I can't look them up at the moment, though, because I'm in a studio in another city right now. Thanks for your understanding!

• Sounds good. Looking forward to these.

No problem! Have a nice time.

• Hi Dietz,

just a nice little reminder. Do you have something for me? :) But, no stress.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi all (and especially Pixelpoet, of course 😉 ...),

here comes a ZIP with the MIR Pro Engine Settings for Synchron Stage Wide, quite similar to the setup I use for the "synchronisation" of Vienna Instruments. All you have to do is to un-zip the data and load the settings from File > Vienna MIR Pro > Open (in case of VE Pro), or just File > Open from the main window of MIR Pro's plug-in version.

You'll see my Main and Secondary Mic setup (including Volume Offset, Reverberation Time settings and Global Dry/Wet Offset) as well as about 30 RoomEQ settings, organized similar to MIRx settings. I added the RoomEQ I specifically used for Dimension Strings, too.

Just keep in mind that much of an instrument's sound in MIR come from its position and Character EQ (a.k.a. "PreEQ"). I can't supply the settings for the latter as it relies on an EQ with several special features that has been built for in-house use only.

HTH,

MIR-Pro_SSV-Wide_with_RoomEQs(Drafts).zip-1696259152537-o3vq6.zip

• last edited
    last edited

^^^^^^ ⭐⭐⭐

Thanks Dietz

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Just keep in mind that much of an instrument's sound in MIR come from its position and Character EQ (a.k.a. "PreEQ"). I can't supply the settings for the latter as it relies on an EQ with several special features that has been built for in-house use only.

Just out of curiosity, what is the special in-house feature you have, if you are allowed to disclose that information?

• Nothing esoteric: Export functions and a handful of similar development-specific features which allows for the creation of thousands of settings without getting mad! ;-D ... I would share these settings in a blink, but there's no way to load them into anything else than the built-in CharacterEQ of MIR Pro (or the Pre-EQ of MIRx, respectively). 

Kind regards,