Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,303 users have contributed to 42,291 threads and 255,041 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

in case you want to achieve a solo-concert like impression) use a dedicated Icon in front of the Main Microphone. - For a pop-mix like, completely seperated solo instrument, simply don't put it into MIR. 😉

These are good idea.

Thanks

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • I think I'm starting to get a good knowledge of what Mir can do now, thanks to you and the manual, of course, Dietz. Not saying I know how to use it in detail though.

I have a limit with Logic, as I can only have 255 separate instrument tracks. But as my 500+ multi-timbral template consists of a lot of Spitfire instruments, I think I'm able to create enough tracks to have each one in Mir Pro. 

• Your screen shot of the 400 Instrument configuration loooks amazing., I am curious as to what kind of mega computer can run this setup without encountering cpu issues? 

I'm using a MacPro 2013 2.7GHZ 12 core Xeon E5 w/ 128GB memory and in process of building my template. I am using Mir Pro as a plug in on each Vienna Instrument channel and am at about 36 instruments in my orchestra and already having major clicks and pops. Even with a larger buffer size I can see the lots of core spikes. How can I optimize my system to handle a bigger orchestra template? Suggestions would be very welcome, Rich 

• :-D ... this template includes _all_ Vienna Instruments for MIRx preset creation. It was never meant to be used with all instruments playing at the same time. But as long as Vienna Instruments are set to open without any samples loaded, this setup won't make any recent machine sweat (... provided there's enough RAM for all the pre-rendered IRs, of course).

By today's measures, my MIR development DAW is a below-average i7 based machine from late 2012 with 32 GB RAM. I did stress-tests with about 190 instruments playing inside MIR Pro in stereo setups without drop-outs, and about 90 in a 5.1 setup (using Windows 7 64-bit as OS). Latency was set to very high values for both the RME audio system as well as MIR itself. Modern machine will outplay these results easily, I assume.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

Hi Dietz! I'm messing around with a similar setup, images like this are always helpful. Would you be willing to share your prefered microphone settings for the setup seen in the screenshot. And perhaps more screenshots of instrument placements if you are feeling generous😉

Kind regards

Betuel

@Another User said:

11. If run in VEP and I have 40 instances, will all instruments still be seen in ththe stage map, or only if used in a daw as a plugin?

• last edited
    last edited

@Betuel said:

Hi Dietz! I'm messing around with a similar setup, images like this are always helpful. Would you be willing to share your prefered microphone settings for the setup seen in the screenshot. And perhaps more screenshots of instrument placements if you are feeling generous😉

Kind regards

Betuel

Hi Betuel,

sorry for the slightly delayed reply, but I didn't find the time to gather the data you're asking for during the week. Here comes the MIR Pro Engine Settings file of the unfinished (i.e. broken) MIRx setup of Synchron Stage Vienna. The more detailed screenshots will follow!

Kind regards,

SSV_MIRxSettings_unfinished.zip-1696259149888-g8cja.zip

• Suggested positions for strings and harps:

• Woodwinds

• Historical Winds

• Brass and horns

• Drums, percussion, mallets, glass instruments, keyboards

• Solo voices, choirs, plucked instruments

• General purpose

• ... hope this helps! :-)

• last edited
    last edited

Wow, thank you so much! It sure does. I love MIR so much and how different settings can really change the sound. Thanks again for taking the time.

Warm regards

Betuel

@Dietz said:

... hope this helps! 😊

• Thanks, Dietz. This is awesome! :)

When does the offical MIRx extension come? It's such a long time... I don't understand. 

• Hi Dietz,

these settings are for the narrow view. Did you make presets for the wide view, too?

Which microphones should be used in the wide view? What's your recommendations? I think the Room EQs are the same for both narrow and wide view, right?

Thanks.

• Yes, I made settings for the "wide" orientation, too. I can't look them up at the moment, though, because I'm in a studio in another city right now. Thanks for your understanding!

• Sounds good. Looking forward to these.

No problem! Have a nice time.

• Hi Dietz,

just a nice little reminder. Do you have something for me? :) But, no stress.