Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,635 users have contributed to 42,399 threads and 255,547 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hello everybody, 

To answer the main question: Of course it is NOT possible to purchase vouchers with vouchers. 

If you find a website that allows such transactions, please let me know!

Regarding our Special Offers and the current Voucher Special Offer:
    We offered an additional promotion to the Synchron Strings I Early Bird Offer in November (“2+1 free”), which many of you took advantage of. I do see though how those of you that ordered Synchron Strings I in October feel that they could have received a better deal.

Those of you that ordered in October may contact us directly at sales@vsl.co.at, we will do our best to find a solution case-by-case, depending on the additional purchases in the time-frame.

All the best,
    Paul

Thank you for your response. However i still think this is unfair on November buyers. A 3 for 2 offer is markedly different to getting an extra 100 off. One involves potentially spending a lot more to get a discount, the other is just a straight 100 off a 400 or more purchase (for the standard library for example).

Obviously if someone did take advantage of the 3 for 2 offer then that would be cheeky to expect to get the voucher offer as well. However for those that didnt, surely you can appreciate that this whole thing leaves a very sour taste in their mouth. People have bought this in November, including myself without using the 3 for 2 promotion. They have parted with their money and still do not have a product due to the delay. Then they see that people who buy just Synchron Strings now get a further 100 off!

Why should someone buying today get it 100 cheaper than someone who bought it a few weeks ago, when the product still is not even out yet!? Do you think that is fair? I dont expect a discount, but i DO expect fairness and the delay and the December voucher promotion HAS made this very unfair on those that had faith in VSL and ordered early.

• I have faith in VSL and hasn't ordered Synchron Strings yet. I don't understand all this fuss. Why to rush it before it's a sure shot. Long ago Paul has promised that VSL will announce in advance the date when the early bird offer ends and more demos will be released before the offer ends. I'm absolutely certain Paul is a man of his word. I'll wait. That's a privilege everyone could have taken an advantage of.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hello everybody, 

To answer the main question: Of course it is NOT possible to purchase vouchers with vouchers. 

We offered an additional promotion to the Synchron Strings I Early Bird Offer in November (“2+1 free”), which many of you took advantage of. I do see though how those of you that ordered Synchron Strings I in October feel that they could have received a better deal.

Those of you that ordered in October may contact us directly at sales@vsl.co.at, we will do our best to find a solution case-by-case, depending on the additional purchases in the time-frame.

All the best,
    Paul

Thank you for your response. However i still think this is unfair on November buyers. A 3 for 2 offer is markedly different to getting an extra 100 off. One involves potentially spending a lot more to get a discount, the other is just a straight 100 off a 400 or more purchase (for the standard library for example).

Obviously if someone did take advantage of the 3 for 2 offer then that would be cheeky to expect to get the voucher offer as well. However for those that didnt, surely you can appreciate that this whole thing leaves a very sour taste in their mouth. People have bought this in November, including myself without using the 3 for 2 promotion. They have parted with their money and still do not have a product due to the delay. Then they see that people who buy just Synchron Strings now get a further 100 off!

Why should someone buying today get it 100 cheaper than someone who bought it a few weeks ago, when the product still is not even out yet!? Do you think that is fair? I dont expect a discount, but i DO expect fairness and the delay and the December voucher promotion HAS made this very unfair on those that had faith in VSL and ordered early.

Nobody forced you to purchase the product in november. You could have waited for the very end of the Early Bird offer to get it. We're lucky enough to get promotions every month and as matthieu.lechowski said, it's part of the game. You're ridiculous.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hello everybody, 

All the best,
    Paul

Nobody forced you to purchase the product in november. You could have waited for the very end of the Early Bird offer to get it. We're lucky enough to get promotions every month and as matthieu.lechowski said, it's part of the game. You're ridiculous.

What game are you talking about?

Anyway, I purchased in November, trusting that the early bird price was the best price it could be bought for before release. That is no longer the case.

With the product not even released yet, why should one person pay 100 more than an other? Can you explain that to me (maybe without insults this time)?

• Hi Eptesicus, 

Please contact us directly, we will look at your situation in detail and do our best to offer you a solution.

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hello everybody, 

Needless to say I was jocking! 😊

I - tried - to be ironic on the fact we (users) always look for the best deal possible...

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi Eptesicus, 

Please contact us directly, we will look at your situation in detail and do our best to offer you a solution.

Best, 
    Paul

Hi Paul.

It is very good, that you indicated to take care for Eptesicus very understandable request 👍

But I hope you know that this is obviously no privat problem of Eptesicus, but the same problem for all who purchased the early bird offer before VSL launched their current Voucher-offer.

I confess if I would have known that the Synchron-Strings would be still available in their earlybird-pricing in December (where you already last year have had a similar voucher-offer) and not already released in November as announced I obviously would of course likewise have waited, what I just didn't since I thought the regularpricing would be even with Vouchers more expensive than the early bird offer.

Eptesicus has absolutly right, that the most faithful VSL-Customers who dared to pay for something they just believe to be good are now in a very unlucky situation..

The easiest way to come along will presumably be, to spend all who buyed that early bird Synchron Strings already in November one 100€ Voucher and everybody will be satisfied.

Or would you prefer, that all Synchron-Strings-Earlybirds would "contact you directly" that would be also OK.

I hope this might help to find a solution for all who are now in the same situation like Eptesicus.

best

Steffen

• Hi again everybody,

As I said: Please contact us :)

Best, 
    Paul 

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi again everybody,

As I said: Please contact us 😊

Best, 
    Paul 

Is an PM in the VSL-Frum enough or do you need an E-Mail to your VSL-support ?

• last edited
    last edited

@daviddln said:

As often, we see rudeness as the faithful companion of anti-intellectualism.

• Hi everybody, 

Please contact us at support@vsl.co.at, this will accelerate the process and also open a ticket in our support system. 

Thanks, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@daviddln said:

As often, we see rudeness as the faithful companion of anti-intellectualism. Yes. That's what I thought. We do business here. Every purchase is a little contract; not a game... The Dimension Strings Early Bird offer was different (and had a little bit of game) because there was no clear deliverydate from the beginning. But here there was one. If I wanted to play games, I'd purchase a Playstation.

• Thank you, Paul.

• last edited
    last edited

@fahl5 said:

But I hope you know that this is obviously no privat problem of Eptesicus, but the same problem for all who purchased the early bird offer before VSL launched their current Voucher-offer...The easiest way to come along will presumably be, to spend all who buyed that early bird Synchron Strings already in November one 100€ Voucher and everybody will be satisfied. I hope this might help to find a solution for all..."

I've never got a refund or credit because FedEx for a late package or some packages coming later than others. Why, you ask? Because I never sought one. I guess I'm really weird for not wanting free stuff every time someone else makes a mistake. Personally, I don't want VSL giving every customer a whopping 25% of the standard library price. For one, I've never got 25% off a sofa that was delivered a day late. But far more importantly, I'd rather see your 100€ complaint go to developing more samples. Don't punish me because you're an impatient sno.... enthusiastic about samples. 😉 You paid for something. You deserve to get it. That's fair. But it coming late doesn't entitle you to a free gift basket or a new car... especially if that comes at a cost that others will be affected by via inhibiting future development. I think 3% is a more reasonable compenation, if any has to be given.

I'll fully admit that I've been an impatient snob, sample enthusiast, jerk, friend, and everything else on here. I don't have any gripe with you personally. But if you get Synchron for 100€ less than I will, then you're the one taking something from me in my book.

For some reason I Feel like this just turned into a Marx debate. 😉

-Sean

• last edited
    last edited

@daviddln said:

I think rudeness also applies to people who get a 30% discount but who are unhappy with it and always beg for more.

• last edited
    last edited

@daviddln said:

I think rudeness also applies to people who get a 30% discount but who are unhappy with it and always beg for more.

It doesn't matter what you think, fact is that you chose to insult a stranger after proving to have completely missed the point he was making - by sheer wilful ignorance or just insufficient intellectual capacity, whatever.

• I hope everyone who acquired the earliest of early birds will be satisfied with VSL reconciliation treatment :)

And with that optimistic thought I'd like to dive into details. RAM! How much RAM whole Synchron Strings will be needing? Does Synchron player will have some RAM saving feature? Direct from SSD streaming or things like that? I have only 16GB... If you are doing something like that please share that info, this would probably make me buy vouchers ;)

Thanks in advance for any info in that matter.

Actually, I do use other libraries such as Berlin Strings, Spitfire Audio Chamber Strings/Symphonic Strings and only reason I ever used anyone else was too much better legato script, short note attacks and huge detail sampled short/long articulations, etc. You didn't just take user feedback seriously.

Have you made decision yet on any usefull articulations as bellow ?

Legato Slurred, Expressive
    Legato Agile
    Legato Fingered
    Ostinato Arpeggio Legato slow/fast

Spiccatissimo
    Spiccato
    Spiccato Exposed
    Staccato
    Staccato Bold
    Martele FFF
    Portato Short
    Portato Long
    Repetitions slow/fast
    Blurred Spiccato
    Blurred Staccato
    Blurred Portato

Flageolet Sustain
    Sustain Soft
    Sustain Immediate
    Sustain Accented
    Sustain Expressive Dyn (Short expr.)
    Sustain Expressive Dyn (Long expr.)

Sul Ponticello Leg
    Sul Ponticello Tremolo
    Sul Ponticello Tremolo Accented
    Sul Ponticello Staccato
    Sul Ponticello Sustain
    Sul Tasto Legato
    Sul Tasto Portato Short
    Sul Tasto Portato Long
    Sul Tasto Sustain Immediate
    Sul Tasto Sustain Soft
    Sul Tasto Tremolo

• last edited
    last edited

@daviddln said:

Who is begging for more? This is a discount that VSL themsleves have introduced and are advertising everywhere, both on their own site and from authorised retailers.

No one made VSL do this, other than VSL themselves. I suspect this was never the plan (ie they thought this would been released , with the early bird offer ended before the December voucher offer) . I suspect that due to the delay, it has now created this slightly awkward situation whereby those that pre-ordered first have ended up paying 100 euro/dollars more.

• last edited
    last edited

@HSM1 said:

Actually, I do use other libraries such as Berlin Strings, Spitfire Audio Chamber Strings/Symphonic Strings and only reason I ever used anyone else was too much better legato script, short note attacks and huge detail sampled short/long articulations, etc. You didn't just take user feedback seriously.

Have you made decision yet on any usefull articulations as bellow ?

Legato Slurred, Expressive
    Legato Agile
    Legato Fingered
    Ostinato Arpeggio Legato slow/fast

Spiccatissimo
    Spiccato
    Spiccato Exposed
    Staccato
    Staccato Bold
    Martele FFF
    Portato Short
    Portato Long
    Repetitions slow/fast
    Blurred Spiccato
    Blurred Staccato
    Blurred Portato

Flageolet Sustain
    Sustain Soft
    Sustain Immediate
    Sustain Accented
    Sustain Expressive Dyn (Short expr.)
    Sustain Expressive Dyn (Long expr.)

Sul Ponticello Leg
    Sul Ponticello Tremolo
    Sul Ponticello Tremolo Accented
    Sul Ponticello Staccato
    Sul Ponticello Sustain
    Sul Tasto Legato
    Sul Tasto Portato Short
    Sul Tasto Portato Long
    Sul Tasto Sustain Immediate
    Sul Tasto Sustain Soft
    Sul Tasto Tremolo

Just wait for Synchron-Strings II to have most of the Articulations covered. Synchron-Strings I is of course the basic set.

However it even seems to me that each of the Articulations in Synchron-Strings I has much more "under the hood" that the simple "list" of single artticulations is no longer the right reference to compare.