Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,635 users have contributed to 42,399 threads and 255,547 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

Demos will be released before the early bird offer ends πŸ˜Š

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Zen said:

Hi, has anything been posted about divisi options for Synchron strings? With 16 V1s (which easily sounds like 32, I guess, when crossfading between dynamic layers?), I'm a little concerned about everthing sounding too large for my personal taste.

Good questions, and I share your concerns.  I've been a DS user for a long time, until about a year ago when I started using Spitfire Chamber Strings for most of my work.  One of the problems with them is that you can't split the sections into divisi like you could with DS.  I've purchased the Synchron Strings and I'm waiting for them with much anticipation like everyone, but I am concerned about writing realistic intimate divisi lines, and not ending up with that "Hollywood Blockbuster" sound, which I am most definitely NOT interested in. 

I'm hoping that the Synchron Strings and the new Synchron player provide an opportunity for ranges of musical expression and not just "cinema strings"...

• I don't think they will be divisi.  It is too labor intensive to do all the velocity layers etc.  Also - that is the whole point of Dimension Strings.  

One of the things I always did for divisi prior to Dimension Strings (which totally solves all divisi problems even to the level of Debussy numbers divisi) was to use Chamber Strings for a divisi of Orchestral, and Orchestral as a divisi for Appassionata.  This works beautifully even though the numbers don't match exactly.  

I don't think you'll be able to do this with Synchron. 

• I'm really hoping for divisi, even if it's another library (synchron strings 2). If there is no divisi function planned, I will probably stick to dimension strings. The only thing I don't like about DS is I feel it lacks velocity layers - which synchron obviously fixes. If dimension strings had 8 velocity layers I wouldn't even be interested in synchron strings. Decisions decisions. If there was synchron divisi it would be a no brainier :)

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi,

Best, 
    Paul

To those that have already bought it like myself, vsl have just added insult to injury with the new voucher offer as it is now a further 100 Euro cheaper! The delay was irritating but it happens. The fact it is now 100euro cheaper is just really bad. This whole thing with the delay and now an even better deal is a total kick in the teeth for those who have bought it weeks ago. 😞

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi,

Best, 
    Paul

Great. thanks for the info, Paul!

• last edited
    last edited

Just a thought:Why don't you return it, get your money back and buy it again at the chaper price?

@Paul said:

Hi,

Best, 
    Paul

To those that have already bought it like myself, vsl have just added insult to injury with the new voucher offer as it is now a further 100 Euro cheaper!

The delay was irritating but it happens. The fact it is now 100euro cheaper is just really bad.

This whole thing with the delay and now an even better deal is a total kick in the teeth for those who have bought it weeks ago.

:(

• last edited
    last edited

@Eptesicus said:

To those that have already bought it like myself, vsl have just added insult to injury with the new voucher offer as it is now a further 100 Euro cheaper!

The delay was irritating but it happens. The fact it is now 100euro cheaper is just really bad.

This whole thing with the delay and now an even better deal is a total kick in the teeth for those who have bought it weeks ago.

😞

This is always the game with the monthly offers, Synchron Strings or not. You never know if the next offer will be more interesting than the actual one. It's a game to accept if we want offers. Just continue to complain and we will not have offers anymore since it's the only way that everyone has the same treatment. And sorry, but you paid 70% of the price, it's indecent to complain and to want even less...

You should rather complain about the lack of communication from VSL since more than 1 month. IMO it's the only thing which is irritating (and still, it's not a severe problem), not the delay or the offers.

• last edited
    last edited

@Eptesicus said:

😞

This is always the game with the monthly offers, Synchron Strings or not. You never know if the next offer will be more interesting than the actual one. It's a game to accept if we want offers. Just continue to complain and we will not have offers anymore since it's the only way that everyone has the same treatment. And sorry, but you paid 70% of the price, it's indecent to complain and to want even less...

You should rather complain about the lack of communication from VSL since more than 1 month. IMO it's the only thing which is irritating (and still, it's not a severe problem), not the delay or the offers.

Seriously? Early bird has turned into early mug. If you can't see how this is unfair on those that ordered earlier in November then I'm afraid it isn't even worth replying to me as we will never agree. I don't expect any discount. I do however expect fairness and this is not fair on those that ordered it much earlier.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi,

Best, 
    Paul

Honestly, I know few companies that offer promotions EVERY MONTH. You got the Early Bird offer (30% off!!) and you're still complaining ? Moreover, you can use the vouchers for the next products. You should go to Spitfire or Orchestral Tools and wait for the next Black Friday to get promotions. That's crazy.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi,

Best, 
    Paul

Honestly, I know few companies that offer promotions EVERY MONTH. You got the Early Bird offer (30% off!!) and you're still complaining ? Moreover, you can use the vouchers for the next products. You should go to Spitfire or Orchestral Tools and wait for the next Black Friday to get promotions. That's crazy.

I think a lot of you are missing the point. This isnt about changing monthly offers. The early bird offer is still available! So therefore anyone who buys Synchron Strings now can get 100 off and those that bought it in November, despite being an "earlier" bird have to pay a decent amount more.

I would have no complaints if the product was out and the early bird offer had ended like it was supposed to. Unfortunately vsl now have a situation where people who put faith in them and handed over their money early will actually pay more than those buying it now and they still don't actually have a product.. I don't believe ( well i hope not anyway), that VSL would have intended for this to happen as i suspect they were fully expecting the early bird offer to be over before the December voucher offer came in to play.

I am actually quite shocked so many of you think this is ok!

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi,

Best, 
    Paul

To those that have already bought it like myself, vsl have just added insult to injury with the new voucher offer as it is now a further 100 Euro cheaper! The delay was irritating but it happens. The fact it is now 100euro cheaper is just really bad. This whole thing with the delay and now an even better deal is a total kick in the teeth for those who have bought it weeks ago. 😞 I’d go further and request that we early adopters be credited for the difference.. Paul?

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi,

Best, 
    Paul

😞

I’d go further and request that we early adopters be credited for the difference.. Paul?

Indeed. I have no problem with the voucher offer, ofcourse new offers are available all the time. However many have paid for a product in November that they havent got yet and now anyone who orders it from December can get it 100 cheaper. So basically ordering it as an "early bird" has just been a huge disadvantage and has cost more.

is that what VSL intended. Did they want those who put a bit of faith in them and ordered early to actually pay more for the product?

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi,

Best, 
    Paul

😞

I’d go further and request that we early adopters be credited for the difference.. Paul?

Indeed. I have no problem with the voucher offer, ofcourse new offers are available all the time. However many have paid for a product in November that they havent got yet and now anyone who orders it from December can get it 100 cheaper. So basically ordering it as an "early bird" has just been a huge disadvantage and has cost more.

is that what VSL intended. Did they want those who put a bit of faith in them and ordered early to actually pay more for the product?

I can see your point, in fact I'm happy I still have to place my order for Syncron Strings (even if I feel ashamed to purchase such a product at this price)...but you're missing a point. You are not out of that offer, You can still join the voucher offer, it's just that you can spend your money in something else, not Synchron because you already purchased it. That's how it works..
    I know, you could say that at the moment you only want/need synchron strings, but again, that's how it works. You could purchase 4 vouchers at the price of 3 now, and use them when the next Synchron library will be available. So you will have 2 products discounted instead of one.
    Also, as you said, that situation comes most likely because of the delay in the release. I also think that VSL wasn't expecting to sell Syncrhon Strings standard at 317 euro 😊 so I really can't see an intention on what they did!
    I hope when we will start playing with the library, we will soon forget the purchasing price 😊

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi,

Best, 
    Paul

😞

I can see your point, in fact I'm happy I still have to place my order for Syncron Strings (even if I feel ashamed to purchase such a product at this price)...but you're missing a point. You are not out of that offer, You can still join the voucher offer, it's just that you can spend your money in something else, not Synchron because you already purchased it. That's how it works..
    I know, you could say that at the moment you only want/need synchron strings, but again, that's how it works. You could purchase 4 vouchers at the price of 3 now, and use them when the next Synchron library will be available. So you will have 2 products discounted instead of one.
    Also, as you said, that situation comes most likely because of the delay in the release. I also think that VSL wasn't expecting to sell Syncrhon Strings standard at 317 euro 😊 so I really can't see an intention on what they did!
    I hope when we will start playing with the library, we will soon forget the purchasing price 😊

This would be a valid point, if it were not for the fact that we dont actually have the product yet!

• last edited
    last edited

@christof said:

Just a thought:Why don't you return it, get your money back and buy it again at the chaper price?

If I could ... You can do that within 1 month after purchase. But I purchased the first day in October (= a too early crashed bird)

• last edited
    last edited

@christof said:

If I could ...
    You can do that within 1 month after purchase. But I purchased the first day in October (= a too early crashed bird)

The early birds have got no worms and a mouth full of dirt. 😞

• last edited
    last edited

@Eptesicus said:

I think a lot of you are missing the point. This isnt about changing monthly offers. The early bird offer is still available! So therefore anyone who buys Synchron Strings now can get 100 off and those that bought it in November, despite being an "earlier" bird have to pay a decent amount more.

I would have no complaints if the product was out and the early bird offer had ended like it was supposed to. Unfortunately vsl now have a situation where people who put faith in them and handed over their money early will actually pay more than those buying it now and they still don't actually have a product.. I don't believe ( well i hope not anyway), that VSL would have intended for this to happen as i suspect they were fully expecting the early bird offer to be over before the December voucher offer came in to play.

I am actually quite shocked so many of you think this is ok!

It is shocking indeed, Eptesicus. This really needs to be brought to attention.

• The main question is: is it possible to purchase vouchers using vouchers? :P Because if so, we could purchase the whole Synchron Series with 300 bucks! :P 

• Hello everybody, 

To answer the main question: Of course it is NOT possible to purchase vouchers with vouchers. 

If you find a website that allows such transactions, please let me know!

Regarding our Special Offers and the current Voucher Special Offer:
    We offered an additional promotion to the Synchron Strings I Early Bird Offer in November (β€œ2+1 free”), which many of you took advantage of. I do see though how those of you that ordered Synchron Strings I in October feel that they could have received a better deal.

Those of you that ordered in October may contact us directly at sales@vsl.co.at, we will do our best to find a solution case-by-case, depending on the additional purchases in the time-frame.

All the best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL