Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,968 users have contributed to 42,270 threads and 254,964 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@JimmyHellfire said:

The solo voices are a logical choice for VSL, simply because it was something that was still missing in their quite comprehensive palette.

Perhaps it's not "exciting" enough for some people, but I wonder what they actually expect. The whole VSL range is very complete. They even have all the less-than-usual and more obscure instruments - they got the basset horn, the euphonium, the cimbasso, a damn lithophone. I can't really think of anything really obvious that might be missing. They could do a Viola da gamba or something, but that wouldn't be the huge and exciting news people are hoping for either.

Of course they maybe have something very innovative and unexpected in the pipeline, but the need for "excitement" aside - how many orchestral samples of strings, woodwinds and brass, from different libraries and manufacturers, does one really need?

I agree with Jimmy--what were you expecting?  This actually, by far, exceeded my expectations.

• I love the dimension products and I'm hoping for muted dimenstion strings and some more articultions for the main dim strings like ponticello/tasto (perf interval/rep detache staccato etc), glissando and glissando with tremolo.

• Like that one !...