Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,401 users have contributed to 42,225 threads and 254,783 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• Never mind, though I do love John Barry.  Lion in Winter is one of the all time great film scores.  

• William, it seems that the track is no longer available on SoundCloud (I followed the link from your web site). Is this intended?

• Sorry about that, I reloaded it with the score, MIDI file and Vienna Ensemble file complete!  (Though I don't have the MIR setup anymore, it includes all the keyswitched articulations and instruments.)  The MIDI files are literally more than a year of work.  Though not continuous I have to admit.  I had to take time off to maintain some semblance of sanity.   Also, I put Invocation and Ritual for Orchestra with the same files, and some others I am going to include more files for later.  

This is not for the faint of heart (or CPU) as these files are somewhat large.

I don't know if there's any point to it, but some people have wanted to see the performance and MIDI files and maybe it is helpful for analyzing VSL sounds/articulations.

•  William, Thanks so much for making the scores, midi and VE files available. I think it makes demos so much more useful in that it enables VSL beginners like me not only to admire the music but also to gain a better understanding of how certain sounds were achieved. I hope other contributors will be encouraged to do the same. 

• I'm glad that is helpful.

I agree that the MIDI files and articulations should be right out here.  Otherwise, what is the point to putting on a demo here?  

Though it is difficult to keep track of some files.  I actually lost the MIR files, which is why I didn't post them.  But with MIR, that isn't a problem since it is so incredibly easy to use you don't have to be overly concerned about getting the exact settings and tweaks.  Almost everything in MIR sounds awesome out of the box.  Which of course, is the idea of the software.   

• William, I just read about your symphony in another thread and purchased it from CD Baby.  Congratulations on completing a large form piece such as this with VSL.  This must have been a tremendous amount of work. I very much look forward to listening to it soon.  

Earlier in this thread there is mention of a score?  Is a pdf score of this available?

Thanks,

Greg

• last edited
    last edited

Greg, thanks for writing - there will be a pdf score on SMP press shortly - actually in a couple days. It has taken a long time to get player's parts done but the fullscore is completed. It is scheduled to be released on this page -

Kersten sheet music

Also, oddly enough I recently did a new recording which uses almost all VSL instruments. I was doing an experiment with a massive amount of layering. I am still working on the mix for it but am going to put it out in some form.

• Thanks William.  I'll keep an eye out for the score. 

Did you score this first before realizing it with VSL?

• Yes Greg it was originally written in score, then later sequenced.  I first did a MIDI performance with Miroslav Vitous samples, a long time ago, then later recorded it with VSL. 

• last edited
    last edited

Here is the full score -

Romantic Symphony

• Hi William,

I really love this symphony. One of my favorites of your compositions. I just bought a copy of the score, I already own the CD purchased from CD baby. 

Paul

• Thanks Paul I appreciate it.  

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on