Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,734 users have contributed to 42,254 threads and 254,896 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 3 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• The solution only applies to the crashes when starting/stopping the audio engine with Play in the project, but may extrapolate to the strange hangs as well. Just to avoid potential disappointments.

• I hope that this fix actually fixes my Kontakt hangs, as I stated before that this did not happen at all in VE PRO 4.

• I have updated the title of this forum post to better describe the initial problem that has been resolved. Hopefully this will also fix the problems you others are having, if not, hopefully those problems have come to light now that support has read these posts as they do seem very similar.

EDIT:

Removed my previous statement.

Thanks once again everyone for helping solve this problem :D

• Support would be me for this particular case. The support case is not closed. I just replied in this thread instead because I knew it was you :).

• Ah thanks for the clarification Karel :)

• Sorry, im a bit restless Karel :) Do you know anything about a potential release date?

Got 2 weeks of vacation comming up and would love to be able to use this time to make some music :)

• Some larger changes are currently being tested, which prevents an immediate release, but we're doing our best to get it out there as soon as possible. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

• :(  i think small fixes and fast pushes rather than large fixes and slow pushes are better for everyone.

Where do i sign up for a beta test?  ;)  And a small feature request, make sure there is a crash log if the program hangs/crashes for any reason in the future :)

Anywho, thanks for the update :)

• Any news on the update?

Its been over 1 month since i first reported the error.

Best regards Øivind.

• Hi Ã˜ivind,

It´s in the pipeline, should be out in the first days of next week!

Thanks for your patience, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Super, thanks for the update!

• Hi I have this exact same error (VEPro 5 using Play 3.0.37 (and Pro Tools 10.2 under Windows 7 64 bit) stops responsding (white screen) very often when startip/stoping playback. I have to restart the VE Pro server (which has crashed and disappeared it seems) and reload my instance. This is happening only with VE Pro 64 bit server (working fine with 32 bit version). I have the latest VE Pro version (5.1.10988) and this is issue is still present.

• I notice there was nothing realted to this issue in the .10988 changelog.

• Could you send an e-mail for me to ? That way we can get to the bottom of this, because so far I haven't been able to reproduce this behavior. Thanks.

• Still the same problem here, tho i havent been able to crash it on my slave yet, but the one on my main computer crashed after 10 minutes of normal music making.  So it triggering on the audio engine on/off might have been fixed but the underlying problem seems to be there still.

Edit: going to leave it going over night and see what happens.

Edit 2: ops, there the one on my main computer crashed again, by clicking on the audio engine on/off button. The slave server is still working tho, seems like its pretty stable at the moment.

• last edited
    last edited

@Karel said:

Could you send an e-mail for me to ? That way we can get to the bottom of this, because so far I haven't been able to reproduce this behavior. Thanks.

Email sent, thanks !

• Update: Still the same problem in Win8.

I have installed Windows 8 Release Preview on my main computer, and VEpro 5 has been stable with no crashes for 2 days now.

So for those who are in the same boat, this might be worth checking out. I have not had any other problems, other than that i had to re-install the e-licenser software after the upgrade to Win8.

For me everything else is working right out of the box, iLok, Cubase 6.5, RME drivers aso. Also freed up a bit of HD space after running the disk cleanup tool, removing the old windows install and old windows install temp files, and a bit more free RAM.

I am a happy music maker once again :)

Tho Windows 8 is still in beta/pre-release or what one would call it, i have not had any issues yet, but you can not roll back to windows 7 once you update.

• I´m not changing to another operative system because of the malfuntion of one update.

I just can´t bealive that after all of the time we take writing to the department support acknowledging the problem, they just simply make a new release without even mention about the problem.

For those who want to work with the system normally, please go back to the update 5.0.10370 you will be able to load projects from more resent versions.

Please keep update if Vienna decide keeping giving support to there users and solve this problem.

• Update: Still the same problem in Win8.

I hear you, tho i have given up waiting for a update that works, after days of testing on several computers and over a month of lost production time, i'm just glad that i can make music again.

• Where can we download update 5.0.10370 ?