Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,382 users have contributed to 42,295 threads and 255,061 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

I see, I have done an upload to my droopbox if you want you can download it from here

Copy de link bellow in your browser

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4366697/ViennaEnsemblePro-WIN-5.0.10370.exe

Best

Francisco

@sacrenouille said:

Where can we download update 5.0.10370 ?

• Thank you ! I will give it a try now and let you know ! :)

• Hello, just tried with that build, issue reproduced. VE Pro Support has told me that most probably issue is coming from Play 64bit VST. (I am not crashing when using Kontakt 64 bit VST within VE Pro for instance). I have workarouned my issue by using a jbridged version of Play 32 bit within VE Pro 64 bit. I can accessing all my RAM without crash, but cannot use more that 1.5GB of RAM in each instance of the Play VST.

• seems like i spoke to soon, just got the same problem crash/hang in Win8 now. 

i gievs up.

Still stable on my slave tho.. 

• I don't what to say other than I am running Play 64 bit with Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, and Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinbds in VE Pro 5 ( 7 instances) from an SSD on my slave PC and it is running like butter, connected to Logic Pro on my Mac. 

• As of the latest couple of versions, VEpro5 running on my slave computer has been rock solid. 

The On/Off audio engine problem is gone.

I do however still experience crashes with VEpro5 running on my main computer, where i run Cubase.

Its a great improvement, atleast for me.

EastWest is releasing Play 4 this month, or perhaps early next month, hopefully this will fix the rest of the problems.

I will post my findings when i have any new info.

• last edited
    last edited

Please just have in mind that the version 5.0.10370 is working completely stable, there are not hapening the " (not responding) error "

working with cubase on the same computer.

This problem are happening within the later vertions of vienna ensamble pro 5.

and this is not only hapening with play from East west, I also experiment the problem without opening play, with other VST instruments like Omnispher.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4366697/ViennaEnsemblePro-WIN-5.0.10370.exe

@anotherzen said:

As of the latest couple of versions, VEpro5 running on my slave computer has been rock solid. 

The On/Off audio engine problem is gone.

I do however still experience crashes with VEpro5 running on my main computer, where i run Cubase.

Its a great improvement, atleast for me.

EastWest is releasing Play 4 this month, or perhaps early next month, hopefully this will fix the rest of the problems.

I will post my findings when i have any new info.

• Sadly it does not work any better on my system, this version crashes just like every other version of VEpro5 does.

• last edited
    last edited

This is very extrange! why it work for me then?

I hope you found a solution

@anotherzen said:

Sadly it does not work any better on my system, this version crashes just like every other version of VEpro5 does.

• Indeed, tho as it does work on my slave computer, i might save up for another slave and move the libraries from my main computer to slave #2. Expensive solution but, atleast it will most likely work.

Thanks for trying to help, its very much appreciated :)

•  hate to keep bringing this up.....but VE PRO freezes up on me EVERY DAY across multiple machines with Cubase.  I am going crazy.  Every time I export or quit I have to hold my breath if Cubase will lock up because a VE PRO is frozen.

Is NO ONE else having these problems???   I did not have these problems with VE PRO 4.  I do not ever have any freezes on my local VE PROs running behind Cubase on my main machine.  I might not even have any issues with the 32 BIT servers....but EVERY DAY on multiple machines in 2 separate studios I have to force quit VE PRO servers and reload the machines.   NO ONE else has these problems????

• are you using dynamic IP?

• All machines are assigned a fixed ip.

• Hi,

In the past couple of versions of VE Pro 5 I am experiencing a similar issue. After a period of inactivity Cubase will generate midi, the activity light will flash on the VE Pro plug-in but no midi is received at the server end. I am using 1 instance locally and no EW products are included anywhere in the set-up. I have a fixed IP address.

If I attempt to play an instrument in Kontakt using mouse and keyboard no sounds are generated (as if the server is not connected). The server interface shows the 'slave' to be connected - the server instance shows as connected to localhost as does the instance and the instance GUI is responsive - just doesn't receive midi or instruments make sound. Both Cubase and VE Pro are capable of saving.

After that, the symptoms are the same - any attempt to switch engine off and on and so forth will cause both Cubase and VE Pro to crash. If I attempt to disconnect, Cubase will crash. If I hard quit Cubase and re-open the project file, force disconnect the VE Pro server in order to reconnect, both Cubase and VE Pro will crash on attempted reconnection.

The only solution seems to be to force-quit both and re-open the project from scratch. As there have been a couple of updates to Cubase during the same period and I have added new plug-ins there could be a number of causes - but VE Pro is where the symptoms are produced.

• Yes......exact same behaviour.

i have been trying for several years to figure this out.

question.....

i think I possibly have it pointing to Kontakt 5 or something on my network.

Do you run Kontakt 5 on the slave machine that is crashing?

i run 2 different main servers accessing different slave set ups.  Do you run more than 1 setup, i.e., more then one main server machine?

• By the way I am using Cubase on a PC .

• Hi,

I am using Kontakt 5 in all my projects, although for me the problem is more recent - I certainly didn't have it in say the Sept 2012 version of VEP5, but I suppose it may co-incide with Kontakt 5.1 which is about the same time period of the last couple of VEP updates?

In the case I'm talking about, the problem occurs more often in the instance loaded on the DAW not on a slave. I do use slaves sometimes, but I don't recall having had this problem with a slave based VEP server - always seems to be local and always after a period of inactivity (never had it happen while working).

• For me it seemed like it started with VE PRO 5.... However that was also about the time Kontakt went to version 5.  I have never had this happen on my local machine which does not have any Kontakt instruments, nor has it ever happened on any slave that does not have a Kontakt instrument.

it appears that we both use Cubase and Kontakt.  I have been trying to solve this for a long time.  It can happen while I am working or after periods of inactivity..no real pattern.  I have several slave machines and it seems like one goes down another will follow shortly.  I then have to force quit out of the ve pro on the slave machine reload and reconnect.

Vienna does not seem to be trying to investigate this as There is no pattern to recreate it on a consistent basis.

• David,

Can you tell me how many machines are in your network, i.e., Do you have just one setup (1 master + several slaves, or do you have more than one master on your network-2 complete setups, etc...?).

I have been trying to solve this for a long time.  I do know a couple other guys having this problem and we all have either Cubase or Nuendo with the crashing machines running Kontakt 5.

Thanks,
    Danny

• Hi Danny,

Barring disasters, I operate a set up that includes one master and three slaves (though I only need all if it's a big orchestral cue with choir and sound design). However, as I already said, I get the problem just running the master PC on its own.

VEP 5 and Kontakt 5 don't seem to play quite so nice together as the version 4s did. They have both made some architecture changes which, as the issue with Kontakt reloading samples when you first selected tracks demonstrated, these have introduced the potential for new conflicts. Of course, as I understand it, you have been having these issues since before those versions were released.

Since Cubase 7 I also have Kontakt issues where instruments spontaneously transpose without showing any settings changes, in Cubase 6 - that used to spontaneously transpose even when the transpose insert wasn't active. And all versions randomly zero the main volume on Kontakt instruments unless you set them to ignore incoming volume & pan messages.

Having said all that, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that the culprit was Windows! ;-)