Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,380 users have contributed to 42,295 threads and 255,061 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• :(  i think small fixes and fast pushes rather than large fixes and slow pushes are better for everyone.

Where do i sign up for a beta test?  ;)  And a small feature request, make sure there is a crash log if the program hangs/crashes for any reason in the future :)

Anywho, thanks for the update :)

• Any news on the update?

Its been over 1 month since i first reported the error.

Best regards Øivind.

• Hi Ã˜ivind,

It´s in the pipeline, should be out in the first days of next week!

Thanks for your patience, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Super, thanks for the update!

• Hi I have this exact same error (VEPro 5 using Play 3.0.37 (and Pro Tools 10.2 under Windows 7 64 bit) stops responsding (white screen) very often when startip/stoping playback. I have to restart the VE Pro server (which has crashed and disappeared it seems) and reload my instance. This is happening only with VE Pro 64 bit server (working fine with 32 bit version). I have the latest VE Pro version (5.1.10988) and this is issue is still present.

• I notice there was nothing realted to this issue in the .10988 changelog.

• Could you send an e-mail for me to ? That way we can get to the bottom of this, because so far I haven't been able to reproduce this behavior. Thanks.

• Still the same problem here, tho i havent been able to crash it on my slave yet, but the one on my main computer crashed after 10 minutes of normal music making.  So it triggering on the audio engine on/off might have been fixed but the underlying problem seems to be there still.

Edit: going to leave it going over night and see what happens.

Edit 2: ops, there the one on my main computer crashed again, by clicking on the audio engine on/off button. The slave server is still working tho, seems like its pretty stable at the moment.

• last edited
    last edited

@Karel said:

Could you send an e-mail for me to ? That way we can get to the bottom of this, because so far I haven't been able to reproduce this behavior. Thanks.

Email sent, thanks !

• Update: Still the same problem in Win8.

I have installed Windows 8 Release Preview on my main computer, and VEpro 5 has been stable with no crashes for 2 days now.

So for those who are in the same boat, this might be worth checking out. I have not had any other problems, other than that i had to re-install the e-licenser software after the upgrade to Win8.

For me everything else is working right out of the box, iLok, Cubase 6.5, RME drivers aso. Also freed up a bit of HD space after running the disk cleanup tool, removing the old windows install and old windows install temp files, and a bit more free RAM.

I am a happy music maker once again :)

Tho Windows 8 is still in beta/pre-release or what one would call it, i have not had any issues yet, but you can not roll back to windows 7 once you update.

• I´m not changing to another operative system because of the malfuntion of one update.

I just can´t bealive that after all of the time we take writing to the department support acknowledging the problem, they just simply make a new release without even mention about the problem.

For those who want to work with the system normally, please go back to the update 5.0.10370 you will be able to load projects from more resent versions.

Please keep update if Vienna decide keeping giving support to there users and solve this problem.

• Update: Still the same problem in Win8.

I hear you, tho i have given up waiting for a update that works, after days of testing on several computers and over a month of lost production time, i'm just glad that i can make music again.

• Where can we download update 5.0.10370 ?

• last edited
    last edited

I see, I have done an upload to my droopbox if you want you can download it from here

Copy de link bellow in your browser

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4366697/ViennaEnsemblePro-WIN-5.0.10370.exe

Best

Francisco

@sacrenouille said:

Where can we download update 5.0.10370 ?

• Thank you ! I will give it a try now and let you know ! :)

• Hello, just tried with that build, issue reproduced. VE Pro Support has told me that most probably issue is coming from Play 64bit VST. (I am not crashing when using Kontakt 64 bit VST within VE Pro for instance). I have workarouned my issue by using a jbridged version of Play 32 bit within VE Pro 64 bit. I can accessing all my RAM without crash, but cannot use more that 1.5GB of RAM in each instance of the Play VST.

• seems like i spoke to soon, just got the same problem crash/hang in Win8 now. 

i gievs up.

Still stable on my slave tho.. 

• I don't what to say other than I am running Play 64 bit with Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, and Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinbds in VE Pro 5 ( 7 instances) from an SSD on my slave PC and it is running like butter, connected to Logic Pro on my Mac. 

• As of the latest couple of versions, VEpro5 running on my slave computer has been rock solid. 

The On/Off audio engine problem is gone.

I do however still experience crashes with VEpro5 running on my main computer, where i run Cubase.

Its a great improvement, atleast for me.

EastWest is releasing Play 4 this month, or perhaps early next month, hopefully this will fix the rest of the problems.

I will post my findings when i have any new info.

• last edited
    last edited

Please just have in mind that the version 5.0.10370 is working completely stable, there are not hapening the " (not responding) error "

working with cubase on the same computer.

This problem are happening within the later vertions of vienna ensamble pro 5.

and this is not only hapening with play from East west, I also experiment the problem without opening play, with other VST instruments like Omnispher.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4366697/ViennaEnsemblePro-WIN-5.0.10370.exe

@anotherzen said:

As of the latest couple of versions, VEpro5 running on my slave computer has been rock solid. 

The On/Off audio engine problem is gone.

I do however still experience crashes with VEpro5 running on my main computer, where i run Cubase.

Its a great improvement, atleast for me.

EastWest is releasing Play 4 this month, or perhaps early next month, hopefully this will fix the rest of the problems.

I will post my findings when i have any new info.