Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,571 users have contributed to 42,241 threads and 254,850 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• "it happen with other vendor's libraries / players (ie. Kontakt, etc).  Double sample loading and extremely slow load times?"

No. Only with Play. Kontakt and other (if it's in VE instance) load very quickly (as usual)

"Also, does it happen with PLAY 2.1.2 as well, or just PLAY 3?"

and here and there..

• Is VE Pro 5 merged in one programm, or, such as in version 4, still exists as server and standalone different programs?

• last edited
    last edited

@dagmarpiano said:

East West, ... don't see VE compatibility high on their priority list unfortunately.

That's IME an understatement. From the beginning of VE Pro Doug Rogers was arguing against it on their forum. I made a simple post asking about it and it was relegated at once to the hardware board. He had some project that never happened involving a second sound card and I guess would prefer to deflect.

I believe VEP 5 at one time was to be a free upgrade for current users.

Is that out the window?

• "I believe VEP 5 at one time was to be a free upgrade for current users."

In this case Cubase 6 also had to be free...:-)

• Well if it was a free update I would surely donate regardless because this is the single most useful utility in my rig. Its just amazing what VSL have accomplished. Bravo!

• last edited
    last edited

@civilization 3 said:

[...]

I believe VEP 5 at one time was to be a free upgrade for current users.

Is that out the window?

Maybe you mixed this up with VI Pro 2 which in fact will be a free update for current users of VI Pro.

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@Stefan said:

Hello Jean Paul,

The bonus library Epic Orchestra will of course also be included with Vienna Ensemble PRO 5.

Existing users of Vienna Ensemble PRO (4) already have a copy of Epic Orchestra, and will not receive a second Epic Orchestra if they upgrade to Vienna Ensemble PRO 5, of course.

Best,

Stefan

Well, not exactly all.

For example, I am a user of Vienna Ensemble PRO (4) but I don't have neither a first Epic Orchestra nor a second one [8-|].

Ciao

Sergino

• last edited
    last edited

+1! Dont know why but for some reason when I upgraded to VE Pro I did not receive Epic Orchestra. Would be AWESOME if I could get Epic Orchestra with the V5 upgrade. 

@Stefan said:

Hello Jean Paul,

The bonus library Epic Orchestra will of course also be included with Vienna Ensemble PRO 5.

Existing users of Vienna Ensemble PRO (4) already have a copy of Epic Orchestra, and will not receive a second Epic Orchestra if they upgrade to Vienna Ensemble PRO 5, of course.

Best,

Stefan

Well, not exactly all.

For example, I am a user of Vienna Ensemble PRO (4) but I don't have neither a first Epic Orchestra nor a second one .

Ciao

Sergino

• For those that are thinking about purchasing VE Pro or have literally just taken the plunge and bought VE Pro 4, will VE Pro 5 be made available as a free update (or at extremely low cost)? Also, should any prospective buyer now wait until VE Pro 5 is released? I ask because i bought VE Pro two days ago for my home based studio and I am considering purchasing further copies for my Main Studio but I'm not sure whether to proceed now that VE Pro 5 has been announced and is apparently imminent?

• last edited
    last edited

From an old post of mine:

@Another User said:

dragsquares:

@Another User said:

mosso:

Can I ask why you don't want to use remote access like RDP or VNC? These protocols are well established and stable and there are already good applications out there to make use of them. Maybe if I understood your issue I could offer some solutions.

The thing is, I don't want more software, I want less.  It would be great if I could program the remote instances from the main machine, in the same environment, without changing windows or launching a remote environment.  That's it.  I know about the other solutions, I just don't want to do it that way.

Well I guess you're out of luck then.

DG

Not anymore.  ðŸ˜„

• Hello Sergino and JT3_Jon, 

You have purchased Vienna Ensemble 3, when Epic Orchestra was not available. 

This same license was used for Vienna Ensemble PRO 4 (which was a free upgrade from VE 3), and there was the option to add the Epic Orchestra for around 50 Euros, IIRC. This offer was available for 1 and a half months....

If you still want to add Epic Orchestra for a certain fee, I´ll see what I can do for you. In any case, Epic Orchestra is not sold as a separate product, so it would be an exception for loyal customers.

Please contact me at  and we´ll see what´s possible. 

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thank you Paul. I didn't mean to accuse you[8-|].

It was just to precise that not every one got the library, with a sort of tipical irony from Toscany (ever been in Florence or Livorno?).

I didn't get the library because I thought it wouldn't add much to my libraries, but if you think it does, please write an email to me with your new offer.
    Thanks
    Sergino

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Sergino,

No problem [:)]

The Epic Orchestra is best described here, so you can check whether there are any new samples you might not have. And the instruments are mostly mapped as multi-instruments.

And there is the overview video where you can hear it.

Up to you - just contact me if you´re interested:

Best,

Paul

• Hi everyone,

will VEP 5 support 10.5.8? 

Best,

Claude

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Claude, 

@cc64 said:

will VEP 5 support 10.5.8? 

Yes [:)]

Paul

• Excellent[<:o)]

Thanks Paul!

Claude

• Hi Paul, according to an "old" (23/8/2011) VSL Press Release published on S.O.S. (http://www.soundonsound.com/news?NewsID=14218): "Both new applications, Vienna MIR PRO and Vienna Ensemble PRO 5, will be released simultaneously in October 2011. Upgrade paths and introductory offers will be available." Now, since it seems that this deadline has been missed (we are currently in November...), can you please update the ETA for this brilliant application of yours. I'm asking because I'm literally drooling for the "Circumvents Audio Units' 16 MIDI channel limitation per Vienna Ensemble Pro instance (for Logic and Digital Performer)" feature!!! ;-) TIA Arceo

• Hi Arceo, 

I´m recording the video tutorials already. Manuals are being written and translated, and our developers are adding the finishing touches, hunting down the last minor bugs!

Looks good already, and we´re doing our best to make the software available around mid november. 

Thanks for your patience, it will be worth it! 

Paul

• Thank you, thank you, thank you! You made my day! It's such a good news knowing that VEP5's going to be released in 10 days or so...! I'm a very happy costumer since VEP4 has helped a lot to raise the efficiency of my rig. It has been rock solid since the first day I installed it; my only (minor) complain was about being forced to use multiple servers (thanks to poor AU specs. I'm a DP user) loosing CPU power. Seems like in few days I'll be left without any reason to complain ;-)

• So just to repeat myself. Anyone at VSL check if VEP 5 solves the Play 3 Slow Load problem?