Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,116 users have contributed to 42,649 threads and 256,716 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 56 new user(s).

• well - ain't that just the way - ha ha I just purchased VEP last week...now I hear talk of an upgrade...ha ha...hum wonder if there's an amnesty...fingers crossed

• Will VE PRO 5 fix the PLAY 3 slow-load problem?

:)

Dan 

• Please make the red light on the monitor! That it was always seen if these two buttons is "ON"! If you forget about the buttons and close your project - all .. has died. :-) Soon I'll attach the red light on my forehead so as not to forget .. :-)

===

[URL=http://xmages.net/i/3185539][IMG]http://xmages.net/storage/10/1/0/2/7/upload/37f1de09.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

• last edited
    last edited

@dagmarpiano said:

Will VE PRO 5 fix the PLAY 3 slow-load problem?

😊

Dan 

Curious about this too - don't have VE Pro yet, but have been reading about a lot of problems on the sounds-online forums (with double-loading and slow loading EWQL libs, that is).

• Dan, this is not a problem VE, its problem Play 3. So that Play loads quickly - two conditions must be:

1.fast (very faster) drive for library (for example HS) - OCZ Revodrive the best!

2.need to load project (VE instances with Play 3) before to load the project in the host. It means - first load the VE project, and only after this load the project Cubase (Logic, PT, etc.)

• I have 2 x OCZ Vertex 3 drives (over 1000MB/s read speed!) and it's still as slow as hell (10 minutes to load 2GB of samples!). It's definitely a bug.

2. Yes I know that, it's what I'm doing now. It's ok as a workaround but it's not very convenient when you have a lot of different projects with all different sounds needed. Much better if EW or VSL can fix it.

Certainly though, I suspect it's more EW's problem since, well, I've certainly had more technical problems coming from that direction than VSL's, not wanting to be impolite to East West, who I'm sure work very hard, and don't see VE compatibility high on their priority list unfortunately.

• For solve EW their problems with Play3, they need to connect to this problems guys from NI..:-) I hope they are sure that can solve these problems on their own.

About slow load. This is due to the fact that the host sends to VE once a lot of signals about load. I think this bug VE, yes. Try to load the VE instance from the host in one - load is instantaneous... But if you just load the next level (second instance) - everything can all hang...

• EW have said several times its VSL's problem and they are working with VSL to solve it.  I wonder if that's true.  I hate to stir the pot here, but it seems this is EW's answer to everything ... "It's not our problem, it's their's", "Nothing wrong with our product, must be your computer".  I wonder which product is responsible.

Since I don't own VE Pro to test, does it happen with other vendor's libraries / players (ie. Kontakt, etc).  Double sample loading and extremely slow load times?

Also, does it happen with PLAY 2.1.2 as well, or just PLAY 3?

• "it happen with other vendor's libraries / players (ie. Kontakt, etc).  Double sample loading and extremely slow load times?"

No. Only with Play. Kontakt and other (if it's in VE instance) load very quickly (as usual)

"Also, does it happen with PLAY 2.1.2 as well, or just PLAY 3?"

and here and there..

• Is VE Pro 5 merged in one programm, or, such as in version 4, still exists as server and standalone different programs?

• last edited
    last edited

@dagmarpiano said:

East West, ... don't see VE compatibility high on their priority list unfortunately.

That's IME an understatement. From the beginning of VE Pro Doug Rogers was arguing against it on their forum. I made a simple post asking about it and it was relegated at once to the hardware board. He had some project that never happened involving a second sound card and I guess would prefer to deflect.

I believe VEP 5 at one time was to be a free upgrade for current users.

Is that out the window?

• "I believe VEP 5 at one time was to be a free upgrade for current users."

In this case Cubase 6 also had to be free...:-)

• Well if it was a free update I would surely donate regardless because this is the single most useful utility in my rig. Its just amazing what VSL have accomplished. Bravo!

• last edited
    last edited

@civilization 3 said:

[...]

I believe VEP 5 at one time was to be a free upgrade for current users.

Is that out the window?

Maybe you mixed this up with VI Pro 2 which in fact will be a free update for current users of VI Pro.

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@Stefan said:

Hello Jean Paul,

The bonus library Epic Orchestra will of course also be included with Vienna Ensemble PRO 5.

Existing users of Vienna Ensemble PRO (4) already have a copy of Epic Orchestra, and will not receive a second Epic Orchestra if they upgrade to Vienna Ensemble PRO 5, of course.

Best,

Stefan

Well, not exactly all.

For example, I am a user of Vienna Ensemble PRO (4) but I don't have neither a first Epic Orchestra nor a second one [8-|].

Ciao

Sergino

• last edited
    last edited

+1! Dont know why but for some reason when I upgraded to VE Pro I did not receive Epic Orchestra. Would be AWESOME if I could get Epic Orchestra with the V5 upgrade. 

@Stefan said:

Hello Jean Paul,

The bonus library Epic Orchestra will of course also be included with Vienna Ensemble PRO 5.

Existing users of Vienna Ensemble PRO (4) already have a copy of Epic Orchestra, and will not receive a second Epic Orchestra if they upgrade to Vienna Ensemble PRO 5, of course.

Best,

Stefan

Well, not exactly all.

For example, I am a user of Vienna Ensemble PRO (4) but I don't have neither a first Epic Orchestra nor a second one .

Ciao

Sergino

• For those that are thinking about purchasing VE Pro or have literally just taken the plunge and bought VE Pro 4, will VE Pro 5 be made available as a free update (or at extremely low cost)? Also, should any prospective buyer now wait until VE Pro 5 is released? I ask because i bought VE Pro two days ago for my home based studio and I am considering purchasing further copies for my Main Studio but I'm not sure whether to proceed now that VE Pro 5 has been announced and is apparently imminent?

• last edited
    last edited

From an old post of mine:

@Another User said:

dragsquares:

@Another User said:

mosso:

Can I ask why you don't want to use remote access like RDP or VNC? These protocols are well established and stable and there are already good applications out there to make use of them. Maybe if I understood your issue I could offer some solutions.

The thing is, I don't want more software, I want less.  It would be great if I could program the remote instances from the main machine, in the same environment, without changing windows or launching a remote environment.  That's it.  I know about the other solutions, I just don't want to do it that way.

Well I guess you're out of luck then.

DG

Not anymore.  ðŸ˜„

• Hello Sergino and JT3_Jon, 

You have purchased Vienna Ensemble 3, when Epic Orchestra was not available. 

This same license was used for Vienna Ensemble PRO 4 (which was a free upgrade from VE 3), and there was the option to add the Epic Orchestra for around 50 Euros, IIRC. This offer was available for 1 and a half months....

If you still want to add Epic Orchestra for a certain fee, I´ll see what I can do for you. In any case, Epic Orchestra is not sold as a separate product, so it would be an exception for loyal customers.

Please contact me at  and we´ll see what´s possible. 

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thank you Paul. I didn't mean to accuse you[8-|].

It was just to precise that not every one got the library, with a sort of tipical irony from Toscany (ever been in Florence or Livorno?).

I didn't get the library because I thought it wouldn't add much to my libraries, but if you think it does, please write an email to me with your new offer.
    Thanks
    Sergino