Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,676 users have contributed to 42,622 threads and 256,576 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 29 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• Informations of availability of products availability are usually announced via our Newsletters.

Newsletters can be activated here in our User Area / Profil:

http://www.vsl.co.at/en/68/141/386/Profile.vsl

best

Herb

• I think the Vienna Instrument delays release of VE PRO 5, their update always been at the same time.

I already eaten my hat in anticipation of VE PRO 5... :)

My new desktop :)

[URL=http://xmages.net/i/3212188][IMG]http://xmages.net/storage/10/1/0/3/c/thumb/thumb_81eed496.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

• I have problem to assign more than 1 Audio input.  I thought I could use an VE Pro server instance as a Reverb FX host and 1 Audio Input is fine but as soon as I assign the second audio input the "reverbs" distorts. Tried all buffers. Both on local host Mac Pro 6 core and network PC Q6600 HP.

Running Pro Tools HD10 with 256 samples buffer.

Sorry I will post this on the "Audio input thread instead".

• Hi-will VEP5 be able to utilize VST instruments and effects on Mac, or is it once again AU only?

• It's still AU only on OS X. All plugins on OS X come in AU versions, but not necessarely VST versions.

• last edited
    last edited

@MS said:

Just trying to randomly ship block-based midi events from a server interface plugin to a standalone VEP would result in (very) unpredictable timing.

May be... But why Bidule makes it without timing problems, mmm? See it:

(sorry, there is delay in this video between my play and sound because for now I not well know this screencasting programm and settings may be not good, but I have hearing exactly what I play :)

• just a humble question: how can you still work in VI?

Vi pro is so far another planet!

• last edited
    last edited

@Sergino Futurino said:

just a humble question: how can you still work in VI?

Vi pro is so far another planet!

From all VSL instruments for now I have only Epic orchestra, and upgrade of Vi to Vipro not such important for my before VSL starts(?) to make not only close-mics-recorded instruments

• last edited
    last edited

@V_ad_im said:

May be... But why Bidule makes it without timing problems, mmm? See it:

(sorry, there is delay in this video between my play and sound because for now I not well know this screencasting programm and settings may be not good, but I have hearing exactly what I play 😊

It is entirely related to which host you are using. Cubase behaves very well as a host, and always sends uniform block sizes. Other hosts, not so much. Logic is a horror regarding this. You can also forget about latency compensation and offline bouncing.

• last edited
    last edited

@MS said:

You can also forget about latency compensation and offline bouncing.

There is server vepro version for latency compensation and offline bouncing. All this things is not needs for standalone

• So what is wrong with using IAC midi ports then? They should have a better timing than what you could achieve with a hack such as possible within Bidule.

• last edited
    last edited

@MS said:

So what is wrong with using IAC midi ports then? They should have a better timing than what you could achieve with a hack such as possible within Bidule.

I already wrote about it 2 times... If use IAC, it need to reroute midiout on each track each time. Not understand? See: We have project with 5 tracks. 1)For playing notes and write arangement with better latency and minimum CP load, we open standalone vepro and load 5 instruments. 2) Routing: set midiout of host track 1 to IAC1 set midiout of host track 2 to IAC2 set midiout of host track 3 to IAC3 set midiout of host track 4 to IAC4 set midiout of host track 5 to IAC5 3) ok, arangement is ready. Lets mix and bounce it. For this purpose close standalone vepro, open server version of Vepro, and load such 5 instruments, but with extra layers, mic positions e t.c. (lets imagine, that CP already cannot to play this set without clicks and crackle) 4) REROUTING!!!: set midiout of host track 1 to Vienna Ensemble Pro ch 1 set midiout of host track 2 to Vienna Ensemble Pro ch 2 set midiout of host track 3 to Vienna Ensemble Pro ch 3 set midiout of host track 4 to Vienna Ensemble Pro ch 4 set midiout of host track 5 to Vienna Ensemble Pro ch 5 6) freeze all tracks, mixing and bouncing 7) ok, producer hear it and say - change 4 bars in begin, and 2 bars at middle. 8) REROUTING, edit, REROUTING, freeze, mix, REROUTING, edit, e.t.c. Now, let imagine, that project have not 5 chanels, but 150? and sequence of chanels may be not regular? For example: set midiout of host track 18 to Vienna Ensemble Pro ch 25 set midiout of host track 19 to Vienna Ensemble Pro ch 27 set midiout of host track 20 to Vienna Ensemble Pro ch 14 set midiout of host track 21 to Vienna Ensemble Pro ch 38 set midiout of host track 22 to Vienna Ensemble Pro ch 9 If we have simple jumper on server interface "audio return to host/audio outputs to audiocard by standalone", we can doing same things for all tracks by one click at once... Without infinity changing VEPRO to IAC and than IAC to VEPRO Also, developers can to do less works - to write just 2 application - 32 and 64 bit, but not 4: 32server, 64server, 32standalone, 64standalone. If it is not understable again, for what all this crazy post, let me know, I will record screencast ) I understand, many people can say - hey, guy, buy 8-12 core mac pro, or two ones, and you will have not any problem with CP overloads, latency, freezes and more same things.. Yes, you right. But lot of users yet use dual core computers, and also charge for VEPRO soft, same money as users of big and fast setups, and also needs in tech support 😊 (I want to upgrade hardware, but for now I have what I have😊 Best regards! Vadim

• I see. Well, this is really not the intended workflow with VEPro. We try to focus on having our users always running with a network connection. The workaround that you suggest might apply for your setup, but it would require a quite drastic change of the implementation and workflow, and it would only be compatible with specific hosts.

Actually it is the first time I have ever heard of anyone doing this kind of port switching. Perhaps you'de be better off using a template with more instances, freezing these instances in your sequencer to free up your CPU.