Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,569 users have contributed to 42,241 threads and 254,850 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• I've just fixed the showing for next release.

• last edited
    last edited

@Karel said:

I've just fixed the showing for next release.

Thanks Karel.

I'm really starting to like working with VSL again especially now on the Mac Platform.  One thing that I personally would really like to see is a way to save each channel strip setup in VE-PRO.  A lot of time is spent tweeking the parameters for each instrument (i.e. pan, reverb mix, effects, etc.) that to be able to save that setup for use in a  new template would allow a great starting place plus improve over-all work flow and efficiency.  

Sonar, Cubase and Logic I know for sure has this setup feature and it would be a real plus to have this available in VE-PRO, especially if one is mixing in VE.  I'm not sure how much work is involved to doing so, nor am I aware of any of the other users feeling about having this feature,  but I would really appreciate having it be considered in a future release.  Thanks again for your consideration.

• You can actually already duplicate channel settings quite easily. You can save a template project for yourself, duplicate channels, copy/paste channel settings (selectively or all), merge projects.

• Are you saying that I would have to save each individual channel strip in it's own VE-Pro template?  Then if I wanted to add to my existing template a previously configured single instruments,  I would merge my existing template with the one that has a single instrument in it?

• Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what does "public beta" mean for VSL? From what I understand Beta is when its not an "official" release yet, but users are able to download it to report any bugs that will be fixed on the official release. Is this true with how VSL runs public betas? If so, will users be notified when the release is no longer "public beta?" 

Also, I know PPC macs are not officially supported, so I'm always weary about updating to new versions when the current version is working well enough to use. If/when that time comes that PPC's no longer work at all with VE pro, is it possible that this information will be in the release notes so we know not to install it?

Thanks again VSL team for being so receptive with VE Pro. Its a MONSTER of a program that will truly revolutionize the way we work with sample libraries! I know it must be a lot of effort making sure its compatible with all sorts of 3rd party / computer OS's, and I for one just want to say how much I appreciate the extra work! In fact, I've been telling all my composer friends about VE pro, many of which have now made it their first VSL purchase! 

• Hi Jon,

thanks for your kind words - we are doing our best to improve VE PRO every day!

Public Betas: There are so many possible combinations with 3rd party plug-ins, that we figured, a public beta is the fastest way to get your input and to provide you with the next update - asap. A new build is already in the works, and of course the naming of the "public beta" will be changed as soon as a release is "official".

In any case, even public betas have been thoroughly tested before, and you can always downgrade, if you like.

Regarding PCC: We will do our best to keep VE PRO compatible. If that doesn´t work for any reason, it will be mentioned in the changelog, of course. Also, if a build doesn´t work on PPC, it will most probably simply not install. 

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul

The 2 little problems I have report are still there :

- Flashing screen when VE pro is loading

- I have to rebuild the directory each time I run VE pro otherwise VE do not find the samples

Thanks in advance for correcting them

Best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • I forgot to say : Your programmer are doing a great job

CONGRATULATIONS

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Hi Cyril, 

I´m sorry we have not fixed the 2 issues you are having, yet. We simply have to improve VE PRO step by step, and we have to set priorities.

I was not aware of the second bug - and I haven´t heard any other reports about this, I have to say. Anybody else having problems with this??

Now I could scan your many mails again to find out more about your current setup, but it would be great if you could take the time to add these details either in your signature or simply copy the essentials into your post.

Important: OS, Sequencer + version, RAM, soundcard + driver version, Computer specs

Thanks, 

Paul

• Hello Paul and others,
    I'm brand-spankin' new to this forum and to the Vienna family, though I'm not new to sequencing and/or sample libraries.
    I just wanted to post up an issue I've been having with VE Pro 4.0.4604 if I may...actually this has occurred on all the versions I've had:
    I'm not sure if it's Logic 9 or VE Pro, but every once in a while I will open a new instance (or server window) on an instrument track in Logic, press "Connect" and I'll get a "beach ball" forever. I basically have to Force Quit Logic and VE Pro not only on my master, but on my slave computer as well.
    I'm curious if anyone else is having this problem? If not, maybe it could even be my network settings or something.
    Thanks.

• PLease see my post here:

http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/t/23395.aspx

This is exactly the same problem I am having.  There is more detail on my post listed above.

• Hello Paul 

I have tried to include my configuration in my signature but it did not work see http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/t/22967.aspx

Can you fix that ?

I have just update it and now it is :

Macpro 3 ghz 8 core 16 GB + 3x 1 Tb MAC OS X 10.6
    Raid 0 for the VSL libraries made with Rocket Raid card and 6 x 36 gb raptor 10 000 rmp 
    + 1x160+ 1x250 GB  FW 800 Lacie + 2x26" Iiyama + Radeon 4870 + 2x24"Dell + Geforce 7300 GT

Motu system including : PCI 424 + 24i + 2408 MKII + 1296 + 2408 MKIII (84 ins 64 outs)
    Logic Control + 4 x Logic Control XT
    Midi interfaces :  USB EMAGIC AMT 8

Logic Studio 3, Vienna Special Edition PLUS, Vienna Appassionata Strings, QLSO Platinum, Atmosphere, Kontakt 3.5, Symphonic Orchestra, Symphonic Choir, 
    Final Cut Studio
    Sony Digital Camera, JVC HD Camera

I have last Motu drivers all my Apple software is updated

Best 

Cyril

P.S. I have read another post recently of another person having the same problem

in the Directory Manager my raid 0 is called "VSL RAID 4" (it was 1 a few days ago) instead to be called "VSL RAID" 

Do you want I send you screen copy

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Cyril,

I think your signature is too long, I´d cut it down to:

MacPro 3GHz 8 core, 16 GB RAM

Logic Studio 3, PCI 424+24i+2408MKII+1296+2408 MKII

We are looking at all problems reported in our forums, of course.

@Cyril said:

in the Directory Manager my raid 0 is called "VSL RAID 4" (it was 1 a few days ago) instead to be called "VSL RAID" 

I´m a bit confused. What does "(it was 1 a few days ago)" mean? Yes, screenshots will be helful, one after you have just assigned the folder in the DM, then one after a restart, where it is renamed. A screenshot of your Finder will also be helpful!

Best,

Paul

• I experienced some crashes on win 7 x64 pro:

Adding a folder/path to the VST preferences of the server and initiating a rescan of all directories crashed the server. After a restart everything was working. This happened several times.

Installation creates two folders for saving project files / metaframes - Is that intended? It seems to me that 32 and 64 bit projekts are saved in the same folder and the other one stays empty.

Saved project files appear as selectable files in win 7 start menue when choosing vpro server 64 bit (no files appear with the 32bit server, though). When I choose one of the files. I get an error message that my midi config is missing. This doesn't happen when I start the server only before opening project files.

Whlie the channel colours are nice they do not appear in the colour palette. When vpro chooses a e.g. "pink" it is litterally impossible to create the same one after adding another channel/track. You have to "mix" it first. So please add some default special colours that can quickly be selected with a mouse click.

• For the channel colors: There's an "Add to Custom Colors" button in the channel color dialog. This allows you to store a channels color and apply it to another channel.

• Hi Paul

Thanks for your answer.

I have tried only the 2 lines :

It does not work

For : > in the Directory Manager my raid 0 is called "VSL RAID 4" (it was 1 a few days ago) instead to be called "VSL RAID"

When I started to use my raid, in directory manager the raid was called "VSL RAID 1" and it went to "VSL RAID 2".....

This problem look like it is a general problem on my MAC[:@]

Final Cut Pro had the same problem yesterday[:@]

I have repaired the permissions and this morning it is loading OK[:D]

Let's keep our finger crossed [:)]

Thanks

Best

Cyril

• Hi

I'm still experiencing an already reported problem, but I haven't heard a lot about it recently,
    so i'm not sure if it is working now for the majority of the people.

I tried LASS in ViennaEnsemble Pro (right now with the latest public beta update).
    It's still not usable. Still get the hanging notes, drop outs, and cc1 anomalies.
    As a workaround, I'm using LASS in Bidule now.
    It's a little bit better but I experience all the same issues there as well.

I really need a fix for this as soon as possible. I don't know if it is a Kontakt or a LASS problem,
    but I only get these issues with LASS (as it is so "script intensive"?!)

It would be much appreciated if the people of Native Instruments, Audiobro and VSL could
    work together on this! It would be so great, if LASS would work in VE Pro !

Thanks a lot!

Host: 
    Mac Pro 2 x 2,93 GHz, 16GB Ram, 
    OS 10.6.1
    Logic 9.0.2, Kontakt 3.5, 
    Vienna Ensemble PRO PUBLIC BETA (OS X 10.5 Intel+PPC, 32+64bit) build 4604

Slave:
    Mac G5 PPC
    OS 10.5.8
    Kontakt 3.5
    Vienna Ensemble PRO PUBLIC BETA (OS X 10.5 Intel+PPC, 32+64bit) build 4604

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Cyril,

@Cyril said:

I have tried only the 2 lines :

It does not work

Just tried, and works great (see my signature).

Best, 

Paul

• Hello Paul

It is very strange that it is working for you and not for me

When I want to update my signature I go in User area > profile > community

I paste the two lines

Click on save

And I return to Company > News> product new

May be my profile  is damaged, can you have a look ?

Best

Cyril

• two things i hoped for are still not there:

a deconnect function in the server window. (today logic crashed after working 1h - I guess because of Play in Logic. then I had the problem that VE didnt see Logic crashing and everything was still connected so I couldnt reconnect it to logic. I had to reboot the machine - took 1/2 hour[:@]) pleeeaaase take care for that problem!!!!

the other thing is that i would like to able to drag and drop viframes into the server window. it was working with single viframes before and i asked to do it with multiple viframes - not it doesnt work at all.[:)]

Thanks