Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,620 users have contributed to 42,247 threads and 254,873 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 22 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• @mad: are you on win 7, too? because on vista ultimate Play only works in the 32bit server for me.

• Thanks for the feedback regarding the status of   (PLAY with VE Pro on PC) = WORKING ! 

Question :   My main DAW computer is a Mac Pro, running Logic Pro 8 (soon upgrading to LP9).  If I was to add two PCs, mainly for hosting VSTs such as PLAY/ VSL VI/ Kontakt / and other VSTs via VE Pro.  Could I use VE Pro on the slave PCs to host PLAY VST instruments, and network the PCs with my Mac to route audio back into VE Pro, running on my Mac Pro  ?  

Thanks.  

• Just an aside - I've been toying around with possible workarounds for loading Play on OSX. But so far none I have tried worked. For example: Loading Bidule as a plugin inside VE Pro, then loading Play inside Bidule. But no dice.. still crashes.

• last edited
    last edited

@orchetect said:

Loading Bidule as a plugin inside VE Pro, then loading Play inside Bidule. But no dice.. still crashes.

Do you use the latest update of bidule (0.9693)? With an older version (0.9690) my bidule also crashed in VE Pro.

• @am: I just switched to 7 today on my slave. It was working fine on VUx64 before. I was running as admin, though (no i.net) and I think you have to run VE as admin if you're on a normal account to get Play to work for now.

@muziksculp: While I'm not on Mac, yes, I think it works that way since VE3 (cross-platform). If you get the plugin running inside Logic you can connect to either system. Check the forums. There are probably tons of posts about that.

• last edited
    last edited

@petera said:

Do you use the latest update of bidule (0.9693)? With an older version (0.9690) my bidule also crashed in VE Pro.

I just grabbed the latest Bidule and yes it does load now. But I've hit my next snag... I can't load an instance of Play within the Bidule plugin without VE Pro crashing still.

• @orchetect:

sorry, that doesn't sound good. Strange to say since the VE-Pro Update I also have massive problems using bidule inside VE-Pro. I want to analyze this thoroughly before i can tell anything more.

• last edited
    last edited

@petera said:

Strange to say since the VE-Pro Update I also have massive problems using bidule inside VE-Pro.

I just deinstalled VE Pro 4.0.4536 and reinstalled 4.0.4416. Now bidule works again. There must be something in the update bidule doesn't like [:)]

• another one to report Play works in VEP (x64 main and slave).  Of course using 'run as' workaround.

Very happy - goint to stay put on this build until I see more glowing reports - but I must say REALLY liking what this is doing to my workflow.  Couldn't be at a better time with more work than time.

Way to go VSL.

Rob

• Since the new VE Pro update Play works for me too on a Vista x64 Slave, master is a Mac Pro.

• Hmmm, must be doing something wrong on my setup (x64 slave, Win XP 64). I'm still not able to run PLAY with the latest release of VE PRO, even using 'Run as' for a workaround. I am still getting the 'The product does not exist (productId -1)' error.

What workaround steps have you taken to get it to work?

Thanks,

JB

• I do get that message every now and then but just click it away and it works.

However, VEP doesn't actually support XPx64 as far as I remember and I can't find it listed [url=http://vsl.co.at/de/211/497/1685/1693/1695/1344.htm]here[/url] as well.

• last edited
    last edited

@MaD said:

I do get that message every now and then but just click it away and it works.

However, VEP doesn't actually support XPx64 as far as I remember and I can't find it listed here as well.

Yes, PLAY is not officially supported. I understand. I'm just wondering what it is that allows some to get it to work, while others, like myself are having issues. When I click the dialog away, the main panel where the virtual instrument would be sitting is blank with text that states that some of the components have not been found. Happen every time, so there is obviously something different about your setup that allows PLAY to find whatever components it needs.

• Well, for starters I don't use XPx64. ;)

That's what I said... not that Play isn't officially supported but Windows XP64 isn't. At least it's not listed on VEP's page and I do remember reading something along the lines of "you need Vista/Win7 for 64bit". I could be wrong, though.

I don't do anything else.

• Good news.  I still am not sure I want to update on my x64 machines as it is working now (not wanting to upset the apple cart.)   Maybe after this current work I'll take a stab at it.

Rob

• I get the message 'play does not find libraries...' ignore it and all is good.   NEVER a crash or misbehavin' goind on.

Rob

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

I get the message 'play does not find libraries...' ignore it and all is good.   NEVER a crash or misbehavin' goind on.

Rob

I don't get this message in the latest version of VE Pro. However, I only have one PLAY product, and am unlikely to be buying any more.

DG

• Great to hear DG - perhaps I should reconsider the update.  In the middle of VERY intensive 'ethnic' music project - so wish VSL had a collection of such instruments.

Rob

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

I get the message 'play does not find libraries...' ignore it and all is good.   NEVER a crash or misbehavin' goind on.

Rob

Well, unfortunately, the 'play does not find libraries...' sits in the middle of the spot where the PLAY interface should be showing up, so no PLAY for me. I'm suspecting that all this has to do with the PLAY VI DLL not being able to find the entries in the registry it needs to locate the resources it needs. Could be wrong, but that's my guess.

Oh well, I guess it's waiting a bit longer until the issues with PLAY have been worked out.

• last edited
    last edited

@MS said:

Play does not work in VE Pro on Mac, it will also not work in the upcoming update. A solution is in the works, but I can not give you any promises or dates.

Now that it looks like PLAY support may be a ways off, would you guys consider offering the introductory pricing again once (if?) you have it working, at least for PLAY users?

I'd love to get this software, particularly at the introductory price, but without knowing when or if PLAY will work, that's a deal breaker.  Shame that EW has been so negative about this software and unwilling to make any effort to help fix the compatibility issue.  There is supposed to be a PLAY update at some point for Snow Leopard, maybe that will help.

Mike