Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,089 users have contributed to 42,273 threads and 254,977 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 3 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Dear Wolfsterik and Nick Harvey,

which version of Vienna Ensemble PRO do you have installed exactly? With the latest build (Vienna Ensemble PRO build 4536) and Kontakt 3.5 (OS 10.5.7) I cannot reproduce the problems you encountered.

/Regards,

• Maya,

I have 4.0.4536 installed on all machines. slaves run on OS 10.6.1; master runs 10.5.8. Kontakt is version 3.5.025.

It's seems to be an intermittend bug. It remember it to happen like this: fresh reboot of all MAcs - load template, things run fine for a while; closed Logic project - opened same template - some Kontakt channels won't play any more. I did try it with a new Logic project to rule out an error in my template, but encountered the same problem (but the bug might have already been in the system by then). And I think it happened when I left the VE PROs connected.

I'll try to determine the steps to reproduce it as soon as my schedule permits.

• Hi Maya.

I'm using the latest version of VE-Pro (4536) on all computers. My two slaves are OS10.6.1, my main DAW is OS10.5.8 and the Kontakt version is 3.5.0.025.

The small template (5 Kontakt tracks and 3 Omnisphere) that I emailed you as an example of the midi tracks not working is still problematic. Even when setting it up I wasn't able to trigger the last two Omnisphere tracks 7 & 8 and have reloaded it numerous times to no avail. I've tried taking the second slave (unused in this example) out of the network but it doesn't make any difference unfortunately.

My ethernet hub is a 5 port 10/100 mbps switch. Not sure if this is relevant...

Thanks.

Nick

Edit: Just bypassed the hub altogether and plugged the MacPro directly into the MacBook Pro. Still the same problem, so I guess the 5 port switch isn't at fault.

• So before I go through the trouble of upgrading to Windows7...Is it confirmed that LASS/Kontakt 3.5 don't have the "Broken script behaviour" on Windows 7 and VEpro 4536?

Thanks.

• Incidentally I've just tried to create a new template omitting Kontakt altogether. Only using Omnisphere, when I reached the fourth midi track the 'no sound but obvious triggering' problem occured.

This obviously indicates that the problem doesn't actually lie with Kontakt at all.

Nick

• OK. Getting somewhere now.

I took my main MacPro out of the equation and used one of my MacBook Pro slaves as the DAW and the other as its slave. I then loaded up numerous Kontakt midi tracks and they all worked fine.

I guess that this means that the problem is probably at the MacPro end of the chain. Obviously this still needs to be my main DAW, so until a fix can be found (wherever the fault lies) VE-Pro is sadly unusable for me.

• last edited
    last edited

@Nick Harvey said:

Incidentally I've just tried to create a new template omitting Kontakt altogether. Only using Omnisphere, when I reached the fourth midi track the 'no sound but obvious triggering' problem occured.

This obviously indicates that the problem doesn't actually lie with Kontakt at all.

Nick

As posted here: http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/t/23126.aspx

Also having troubles with LASS

We need a fix for this as soon as possible...

Mac Pro 2 x 2,93 GHz, 16 GB RAM

OS 10.6.1

Logic 9.0.2

• Thanks for the link to the other thread. Yep, that's what's happening my end too.

Sorry to hear you're having problems, but glad that Wolfsterik and I aren't the only ones encountering these issues.

Nick

• hanging notes here:

LASS +

Ensmeble 3 pro +

Kontakt 3.5

Driving me up the wall.

Getting stuck notes on bank changes....a lot.

I am also using VST expression maps.

• I'm having the same problem. After reopening the project in Cubase I'm getting the error "please close and re-start Kontakt after a sample rate change" Then, not only LASS doesn't work properly anymore, even Galaxy Pianos has problems with CC64 (sustain). System: Quadcore, 8GB, Vista x64 Audigy 2(only supports 48Khz in ASIO mode) Software: Cubase 5.0.1 Kontakt 4.0.2 VE Pro DEMO (4881)

• So are you still working on the problem? What I don't understand: Why is there a change in sample rate after all?

• I'm happy to stand corrected on this point but as I understand it, Steinberg has Cubase send out a 44.1kHz 'ping' upon startup (why???), which if you're working at 48kHz is confusing for Kontakt (which is already open in VEP) which interprets this as a sample rate change.  If you just click OK on the message all will be well. 

For what it's worth, LASS and The Trumpet are mostly behaing here, but I'm still on v4686!

Brett

• Unfortunately, just clicking OK doesn't solve the problem. Kontakt doesn't even recognize note-off-events anymore after reloading the project.

• Try rolling back to v4686 and see if that makes a difference

Brett

• Hi Brett

Does rolling back to v46868 solve the problem of:

>Messed up scripting in LASS (awful hung notes etc on Legato specifically) after reloading a saved project with decoupled Ensemble connecting to  loaded meta frame containg Kontakt 3/LASS.

It would be really, really good to save a Cubase 5 project and not have to worry about disconnecting from the meta frame/perserved instance every time to avoid corrupting the LASS banks/instruments.

Surely there must be a fix for this!?.

Cheers

• Wow... In my case rolling back to the old version 4686 solved the problem. Now everything works as it should. Tested with: VEP 4686 Kontakt 4.0.5 running Galaxy Pianos and LASS Cubase 5.0.1 Windows Vista 64bit Audigy 2 @ 48kHz Unfortunately, my demo version is running out in a few days :D I think I will buy the full version, when the problem is also fixed in the latest build

• Update: I just installed the newest version 5436. The problem was not solved. So, only v4686 works for me.

• Glad you've got it sorted.  @Calculus, I had all sorts of probs prior to 4686 (documented in another thread) and so when everything settled down with 4686 I just stopped upgrading.  VEP does everything I need it to at the moment save for hosting PLAY reliably so I will probably stick on 4686 until that problem is addressed down the line.

Brett

• Cheers Brett have just reloaded 4686.

The trouble is that dam cubase pinging out that 44.1khz sample rate at start up is a real pain as it breaks my Kontakt/LASS metaframe if it is loaded before I start up cubase (my default is 48khz and all my projects). LASS gets messed up everytime with the dreaded hangin notes on Legato. So if I shut Cubase at any point during the day, then I have to reload the whole template.

The workaround of disconnecting the Slaves before saving Cubase project each time works but I can't always remember to do this.

If only Ensemble pro ignored the ping from cubase......maybe the clever VSL guys can do this somehow. Or maybe Steinberg stop this pinging nonsense.

• Vienna said earlier:

'The bug you are experiencing will only occur at non-44.1k samplerates, and is related to Kontakt not being able to change samplerates on-the-fly. I have made a workaround for this, which fixes the problems with LASS and TheTrumpet. This will be included with the next update'.

So what/where is the workaround?