Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,584 users have contributed to 42,242 threads and 254,859 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 41 new user(s).

• Thank you for that update, Paul.

Michael

• Found it. This command works fine here in order to remove eLC. Please enter the line to your Terminal and press "Enter":

sudo rm -f /var/db/receipts/com.syncrosoft.*

/Regards,

• Yeah! It worked. Alles in Ordnung.

Michael

• Yes, Maya, that worked for me

OS X 10.6.1

• Great to hear that!

Phew :-)

•  The Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor flags eLicenser as incompatable with Win7.  I trust this is a known issue?

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • i'd say it should be rather marked as *unknown* since the eLicenser as such does nothing but relies on the driver.

be assured it is compatible and working - we have a lot of machines here running W7 having an eLicenser attached ...

christian

ps: i'll suggest to the eLicenser guys submitting the device to microsofts respective department

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • I'm in the same boat on my Mac.  Constant crashes and couldn't add VE Pro licenses till I downgraded.  I did that, then reinstalled the new eLicenser which allows me to run the 64 bit server but alas Logic 9 crashes a lot now.  I think I'll have to re-downgrade and just use 32 bit until an update is posted.  Too bad too as I really like the look of the new eLicenser.  The Terminal command line didn't work for me so I had to manually find the package receipts.

Chris

• Hello, Chris.

I did the same things as you, and I have the new eLicenser installed.  I'm running Logic 9 and VE Pro in 64 bit on my Mac.  I've been doing a lot of loading of Instruments, and so on in VE Pro with no problems.  The eLicenser seemed only to come into play when I wanted to install and register a new VI set.  Then it just crashed.  I'm wondering if it has to do with the particular Mac, or memory, or whatever else.  The 64 bit is worth it.  Here's what I'm using;

Mac Pro 2.66, 12 gig memory, Snow Leopard.

• I'm desperately trying to uninstall the latest eLicenser software to downgrade to version 5.4.  Can you give me step by step instructions how to enter the terminal code?  I've never used terminal before.  Are there files that are related to eLicenser control that I can delete?

Thanks,

Harry

• What files did you manually delete?

• Open Terminal then enter this.

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES 

Hold option and right click the finder to 'relaunch'

Now navigate to: YourDrive > private > var > db > receipts

In there are install package receipts for eLicenser.  Delete those. (I had the Syncrosoft one still in there too).

To hide files again change the YES to a NO in the Terminal and relaunch the finder.

Chris

• Hi everybody.  I found a solution--my dongle labeled Vienna Instruments would crash the eLicenser everytime it started up.  When I bought Cubase 5 it came with a dongle labeled Steinberg.  I took out the VI dongle and put in the Steinberg and bingo, everything is fine now.  Reinsert the other dongle after closing the eLicenser.  (sorry if you don't have another dongle this may seem as an irrelevant solution, but it works)

• last edited
    last edited

@Maya said:

Found it. This command works fine here in order to remove eLC. Please enter the line to your Terminal and press "Enter":

sudo rm -f /var/db/receipts/com.syncrosoft.*

(Omitting the period and asterisk.)

thanks! able to install the version of sept 2 which worked to activate Epic Orchestra. I was not experiencing crashes, but eLc would hang any time I tried to activate.

• last edited
    last edited

FYI:

eLicenser/Steinberg released a new and improved version of eLC today. You´ll find it here.

/Regards,

• last edited
    last edited

@am_27761 said:

I wanted to start both 32bit and 64bit Server automatically and then I get a message that no license is found. Starting the 32bit server automatically runs fine. Once I have this message I can't get to run VE PRo until I kill the vsldaemon process manually.

Same problem here on Windows 7 64Bit. The new version didn't solve it!

• yes, I have that error on OSX.6.1, no license found, & no syncrosomething file in app support. 32 bit server is fine. first start of 64 bit .app or server, NG: Don't Work.

• Here too.  If I place both the 32 and 64-bit servers in the start folder of Windows xp64 I get a not license found error, but can start them both sequentially with no probs.

Brett

• well that's two kernels to look at at the same time, on log in right? so it seems a bit much.

syncrosoft update fixed my issue; I'm not trying to open both versions at log in.

• I have the same problem with GVI3. I see the license within my elicenser program, but when I load GVI in Cubase it says that it doesn't see the license. I never had that problem with my old Syncrosoft software. This is really frustrating when paying for a program and you have these type of stupid problems cause by a new software that is supposed to be working better than the last one. How can we repair this? Is there any ways?