Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,517 users have contributed to 42,236 threads and 254,833 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 23 new post(s) and 41 new user(s).

• i don't really know what I'm talking about here so you go and  judge for yourself. But these are the best I've heard. Maybe = to the ones in VS reverb now.

http://www.numericalsound.com/sound-products.html

• hose,

It does not work like this. Each reverb plugin will use its own chunk of CPU and RAM.

If you are using the same convolution patch - you better use the reverb in an aux/bus track, and send from each instrument channel to this one. That way you only need to instantiate one reverb.

• The Grossersaal IR is just amazing. Really adds huge amount of depth to the bass. All of a sudden it's like "Oh! .. That's where my double basses got to!". Really impressed with this. Straight out of the box .. or download wrapper anyways .. it's tremendously useful. No faffing around like with Altiverb (Sorry Altiverb but 3 years of trying to get a realistic nice sound has made me jaded).

Can't see how you can improve this product but I'm sure you will. Oooh .. actually .. you guys could make it PPC Mac compatible .. cos then I can run it on my G5 .. that's be awesome :P

• last edited
    last edited

@sasha said:

What are some of the best IR libraries that you could recommend to buy and use within VS reverb?

I found this the other day at MacMusic:

http://practicalsampling.com/downloads

It's a free set of impulse reverbs from the Lexicon 960L

I haven't tried them yet - just started downloading Suite v1.1........

• Just got my first email from Audioease- free 363MB download of IRs. Will probably have most of them but the timing suggests they're running scared!

Colin

• Well, I've tried to create several 4 channel irs and import them into the new convolution reverb -- no such luck. They work fine in Pristine Space. I've tried them at 48k, 96k, 32-bit, 24-bit... don't know what else to try. Any suggestions? These are normal multichannel wavs.

•  Martin

When I loaded VS 1.1 onto my computer and then I started logic, Atliverb would not load.  Went to the AU manager and rescaned and went through the validation process.  Altiverb crashed on validation and would not load.  So as I said in my email I uninstalled VS1.1 and then reloaded altiverb and VS1.0.  Everything OK.  However, I would really like to have access to the new presets that come with VS1.1.

Regards

Mirabile

• Had the same problem with Altiverb in Logic, but it was working in Plogue Bidule.

A restart of the Mac fixed it.

• last edited
    last edited

@MS said:

hose,

It does not work like this. Each reverb plugin will use its own chunk of CPU and RAM.

If you are using the same convolution patch - you better use the reverb in an aux/bus track, and send from each instrument channel to this one. That way you only need to instantiate one reverb.

Thanks MS for your reply. The reason I want to use multiple reverbs is to be able to create different depths, and have the ability to set different tail lengths, and other different damping settings. I will insert them as busses ofcourse. BUT first I have to make it work, because somehow VE3 is not able to recognise the convolution reverb. All other VS plugins are working fine, but I'm getting an error when VE scans the VST folder, and then the reverb won't be in the list next to the others. Can't figure out what this could be. I am having the very same problem on both VSL slave machines running VE3 under WinXP 64bit.

• I Have The same Problem with Altiverb and PSP Xenon Audio Plugins in Logic 8.02. when I revert to Vienna Suite Software 1.0.1056

Everything is working.

When i open a empty song load the Altiverb and PSP Xenon Plugins start the old Song the Plugins are working.

• Hi

Me too having problem with Altiverb in Logic 8.0.2

Not JUST altiverb, VS1.1 make Omnisphere unusable too...

My system was fine until I install VS1.1

Install VS.1.1, Load template song, An error message said something about  "could not load a plug-in" - Then I found Altiverb and Omnisphere failed to load.

I am going to reverse to 1.0.x

Please fix ASAP!

Sonny

• Update: I reverse to old VS (ViennaSuite-OSX-1.0-r1056)

My system indeed working fine again... So something definitely wrong with VS1.1 (At least under Logic 8.0.2 and Altiverb 6 and Omnisphere)

Thanks

Sonny

• Vienna Suite 1.1 needs a bit more ram than before. I have expected this. I am using Omnisphere on my macbook with ext. usb drive and tested the same with loading proceedure with 2GB RAM and after 4 GB RAM. The point is that you need more than 2 GB RAM in your computer (recommended 4GB minimum) to run Omnisphere 1.04 and Suite 1.1 without any problems by using more than 12 tracks with omnisphere at the same time with each inputting one Suite Reverb. My MacPro-System is working great and it needs with the same template 10 percent of the first core-bank from the 8-core system; the other banks are activated lower than 1 %.

Believe, after Snow Leopard all your core- and ram-problems will be solved, if you are using a Quad or 8-core system.

Tip: I don't like Altiverb(it is ported like Adobe products to Mac), so I changed to Arts Acoustic Reverb. Try it; may it is an alternative solution for your problem.

Nico.

• I use omnisphere on a seperate machine. My VSL machines are exclusive for vienna libraries and I run vienna suite through VE3. Each VSL machine is a phenom 2 quad 940, with 8GB of ram. Therefore they are quite comfortable I think. I don't see why the convolution reverb is not working just like its other fellows.

• Thanks to your quick reports here in the forum, we have identified an issue which could cause conflicts with PSP Xenon, AudioEase Altiverb and Spectrasonics AU's. There is now a new build for OSX (r1309) of Vienna Suite v1.1 available for download on the user pages, which fixes this incompatibility problem.

http://vsl.co.at/en/68/428/425/213.htm

Sorry if this caused you any inconvenience.

• Brilliant update on the VS plugs - especially the Dietz presets were welcomed - in more than one case - I found myself giggling at the EQ settings and SOUND resulting.  Really nice stuff Dietz.

The verb is nice but I would still MISS AV6 with Todd AO on the strings.   Nothing makes VSL strings sound richer.  I would also miss the varying depths offered in AV.  For now I will probably still use AV on my stems and throw this new verb over the whole mix - we'll experiment for sure.  I may not even do this as I found the Acoustica EMT and Lex 300 excellent choices for this 'master verb' use.

IR's/verbs are kinda like pianos and brain cells - you can never have too many.  Very much appreciated VSL.

• last edited
    last edited

@sasha said:

What are some of the best IR libraries that you could recommend to buy and use within VS reverb?

There will be dedicated, exclusive libraries for the VSL Convolution Reverb, not just by ourselves, but also by selected third-party developers, like Numerical Sound or Inspired Acoustics. Details tba. soon! 😊

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@sasha said:

There will be dedicated, exclusive libraries for the VSL Convolution Reverb, not just by ourselves, but also by selected third-party developers, like Numerical Sound or Inspired Acoustics. Details tba. soon! 😊

yae!

Will those be free of charge for the suite owner? Or will this be a different product/package payware?

It's good news either way.

• Third-party collections will be seperate download-products. There's no decision taken (or at least none I know of) regarding our own IRs.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • So did the updated version solve all of the conflict problems?  I am looking to hear from the people who had issues with other plug-ins etc.  Are you still having issues or is it solved?

Maestro2be