Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,540 users have contributed to 42,306 threads and 255,098 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 9 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• No problem with Altiverb here..

Colin

• I'm sure you already know my feelings about the VS reverb  being Intel mac only, but after reading this thread and the glowing reviews and cant help but feel like a little kid....I WANT MY REVERB, I WANT MY REVERB! [:'(]

But in all seriousness, I really hope you end up coding this for PPC. I'm sure there are many other users out there like me and would agree that there is a market/use for this reverb on a PPC mac, and if you are serious about bring in 3rd party IR developers, I'm sure they would appreciate having more potential customers to sell their products to! Thanks for your consideration. 

•  Well, i know i would pay good money for a larger set of VSL impulses in this reverb, if they are on the same level as the included Vsl ones.

But maybe that is taking too much focus from MIR, but you might do some good biznizz releasing more impulses to the Suite as well, especially since the price of the suite is much lower than mir, and will probably have a larger number of users..?

Anyway. please do... optional extra depths for the already included impulses ...would be wicked.

• Maybe I'm being thick here - but does anyone with Altiverb know if you can use the Todd AO IR in VS1.1?  Sounds like if you could this would be a great downloadable IR to get hold of....

Tim

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

'm very happy to announce our Vienna Suite 1.1 release.

This version includes the new Convolution reverb plugin and hundreds of new Preset files.

You can download this new version here:

... Late but nevertheless and still...

Thank you!

Danke!

Merci beaucoup!

Muchas gracias!

Muito obrigado!

Dank u wel!

Sincerely

Beat Kaufmann

- Tips & Tricks while using Samples of VSL.. see at: https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/vitutorials/ - Tutorial "Mixing an Orchestra": https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/mixing-an-orchestra/
  • Re: VS Convolution Reverb.

I have no plans to ditch my PPC for a long time. IMHO we are entering a new age (both economically and psychologically, perhaps you could say spiritually) where exponential growth will/ should not be so much expected. Instead of customers being forced to update everything (soft and hardware) all the time just to keep flying 'straight and level' I predict developers being forced by customers (like me) to not dictate such fast change anymore.

My point is that my DAW projects themselves are not getting any bigger - my mac is adequate (ah blasphemy!!!) and for larger projects (2+ instances of VE along with other plugs and VI's) I can work around its limitations of speed and memory very easily. For me absolute 'overnight' working speed is not an issue, I generally set my own deadlines or have comfortable ones. I understand quality needs performance but is my G5 PPC d1.8 (4GB) incapable of running this reverb?

If the issue for is strictly performance or viability of running this reverb on PPC I can understand it not being PPC compatible but if the issue is the market and 'diminishing returns' and subtly persuading the market to update itself to your marketing model I am disappointed.

I will probably use my G5 (as my primary music production platform) for another 2 years. If I don't buy VS at the current price there will be less incentive for me to buy it at the higher price for the sake of a reverb I can't use. I already have Altiverb BTW. Why not have an option for PPC users to buy at a reduced price but without the reverb plug included? (Or bundle a free macpro for all PPC customers? :) )

• some observations to be taken into consideration too ... little companies like VSL also have to carefully watch the direction hardware vendors are going.

for myself years ago it has been disappointing to notice apple turned away from motorola and later obviously ran into some discrepancy with IBM - we have never seen the power 6 processor (introduced 2007) in a mac what would have been a quantum leap in processing ... it took intel until now to catch up with this amount of processing power ... anyway ...

on the other side apple acquired 3 *heavyweights* in 1) processor design and technology development as well as 2) a whole chip development company during the past year and they still have advertised a lot of jobs related to chip development.

time will show if those activities will focus on computer development or just bring new iphones, tv-sets and similar toys to us ...

as soon as product policy is noticed to be changing it makes sense again to reconsider software development.

christian

1) Bob Drebin (CTO of ATI), Raja Koduri (CTO of AMD), Mark Papermaster (IBM chief technology developer)

2) P A Semi (specialiced on power processor development)

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • I have a only one question. Where is a early reflection control tap or knob or slider or whatever?

• There is no specific slider or knob for controlling early reflections. We have made the control solution for this a little bit different than other convoverbs out there. To simply lower the early reflection level, you can set the volume node lower in the beginning of your impulse. If you wish to have less defined early reflections, you can set a higher value for the decorrelation graph in its early stage. Our decorrelation algorithm basically will act the same way as a diffuse acoustic material, and the resulting sound is usually very pleasant if you have any irritating ER's you want to get rid of.

• I am hesitating to try the demo of VS, because I'm afraid I will have to buy it if I do.

Currently I have all on one PC, but I am planning to use a second PC for the samples, probably with the help of VE Pro. The first PC would be running the sequencer, the second would have all the samples. Since my second PC is a quad core too, I would like to instantiate at least some of the reverb instances on the second PC inside VE to take some load from the first system. Is this possible or would that require a second license?

Another question is whether the suite is compatible with 32 bit as well as 64 bit hosts. Do I have to decide or do I get both versions?

• I think you will receive three  licenses anyway, means you could use it on three computers.

• Hello pjak,

you get 3 Vienna Suite licenses with 1 purchase of Vienna Suite (just as with Vienna Ensemble 3), so all you need is another ViennaKey to store the license for your slave computer on [:)]

And of course the Vienna Suite works in both 32 bit and 64 bit hosts, and you get both versions!

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

you get 3 Vienna Suite licenses with 1 purchase of Vienna Suite (just as with Vienna Ensemble 3), so all you need is another ViennaKey to store the license for your slave computer on

Hello Paul,

thanks for the info. You should update your product information pages - I didn't find anything about 3 licenses regarding VS.

Actually this is bad news for me - now I am really thinking about spending another few hunded Euros. And then I need VE Pro (if it just had a bitbridge for 32 bit instruments) and then I need...

Peter

• Peter - don't try out VS - YOU WILL BUY IT.  I consider this one of my best purchases in the last 12 months.

• Hi im new to Vienna, i dont own any vienna instruments at the moment, but im a house producer, and i have allways been searching for my To-go Vst plugins. Ive used and tried all from waves to psp, voxengo, flux etc etc. BUT nothing beats the VSL fx suite, why? well, its just that it has all the things i need the compressor, to choose between diffrent types, side chaining, the eq, to have great sounding eq with a nice gui, and the list continues. im thankful, and i hope vienna will expand the plugins with ex, a multiband widener, delay effect, new compressor like the "La-2a" with only 2-3 knobs. a good effect plugins, with phazer/chorus, gate etc. A filter plugin, with more than 20 diffrent filter types etc etc. THANKS VIENNA, for this wonderful product! Jean Maxwell

• The Convolution Reverb has been out for a bit now, so I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on it are now that you've had time to get a feel for it?

--Lee

• My thoughts is i cant wait to get some extra cash to buy it![:P]

• Love it. Don't use anything else anymore. It's so clean in the low and midrange - well, for my taste anyway. Not really that CPU-hungry either. VS is certainly one of the best deals I've made in a while. Now bring on more Impulses. [;)]

• [quote=MaD] Now bring on more Impulses. 

Regarding the next pack of impulses, i was hoping VSL would offer multi stage position like far left, left, left of center, center, right of center, right, far right etc.. As many as posible.

Weel, that's something i would like to see anyway.

• last edited
    last edited

@Anonymous Joe said:

Regarding the next pack of impulses, i was hoping VSL would offer multi stage position like far left, left, left of center, center, right of center, right, far right etc.. As many as posible.

Weel, that's something i would like to see anyway.

As many as possible: -> [URL]http://vsl.co.at/en/65/71/393/1165.vsl[/URL]   [;)]

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library