Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,454 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,802 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• These instruments are all working fine on my machine. Can you please explain what problems you encountered and which expression maps you have loaded?

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  Bass trombone + seems to omitt some articulations and notes , I tested it within my big orchestration of 23 instruments, very strange results...

• Can you please elaborate on your problem.
    Is it only the bass trombone now, that makes problems?
    Which expression map did you load?
    Which articulations do not work?

Maybe you have loaded the wrong expression map for the bass trombone. You will need "VSL SE+ - Low Winds" loaded.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  Andi,

What I did is to load Bass Trombone+ and bass trombone+ Expr map it doesn't work so I reloaded to bass trombone and bass trombone map this time it work...I encontered same problem with trombone + tuba + bass clarinet +...

May be I havent enough ram ( 8 gigas ) on 64 bits windows and cubase 5 64 or what is it ????

Thank you

• Hello!

First of all : amazing! I would never thank you enough!

And because we have to challenge you even more (or else you would feel kind of bored...) I'm wondering if you think possible in a near future to link the dynamics (cubase score) to the performance.

As for an example, crescendos could be linked to the velocity Xfade.

What do you think?

• Pro-Arte, I still think you have loaded the wrong expression map before. There is no expression map called bass trombone+. So I'm not sure what you have loaded.
    It surely is no RAM problem. 8 GB isn't that bad by the way. [;)]

Ramu, thanks for your kind words and your suggestion. I'm not sure if dynamics really should be added to expression maps though, as lots of people record their performances with a MIDI keyboard and already have the desired dynamics this way. This could lead to a mess.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  Andi,

There is an expression map called Bass Trombone + it is on the VSL SE + Low winds expression map ( 23S)  and it doesn't work...same for tuba and trombones I wil check again tonight and will describe what happens to some section on the wwnds...

Strings + expression map works perfectly !!!

• Sorry, but there is no expression map called Bass Trombone + (unless you made it yourself). Maybe you are talking about the Vienna Instruments matrix with that name.
    So please do the following: Load the Bass Trombone+ matrix in Vienna Ensemble and load the expression map VSL SE+ - Low winds in the Cubase track with the same channel.

Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  I fixed it in completing the missing articulations . Now there is another challange , on the clarinet demo, we see that there is 2 matrixs , one is C0 the other C0#, is this working with a key switch Horizontal ? Thank You...

• The preset you see in the clarinet demo has indeed two matrices included. It is for the clarinet in the DVD collection Woodwinds I. It's right that these matrices have the keyswitches C0 and C#0, but this is not H-Span switching, but switching between matrices as seen in the keyswitch display below the matrix settings.

Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Can I ask a question before I  waste any money on an upgrade?

With Vsl you can have up tp three (or even four?) keyswitches that are asigned to a certain sampleset. Also, they cannot be placed simultaneously but one after the other.

Is Vst expression cabable of translating the more complex keyswitches including matrix and A/B switches into a single command?

That would be indeed a big timesaver.

• VST Expression can send 2 key switches, program change, MIDI channel and 2 MIDI control changes (in that order).

The presets and matrices we use for the expression maps don't need more than two key switches.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ok!

But then the bottle neck will appear as soon as you have A/B switches like cresc/decresc. There you are forced to use another keyswitch isnt it?

•  A/B can be done by controller if you like.

• " switching between matrices as seen in the keyswitch display below the matrix settings "

Dear Andi,

it should be simple , but I still didn't get it , do i need to control on CC1 ( but i haven't the modweel ) what i do is to make at work the horizontal keyswitch on C7 and C#7 and it works ,

The matrices are C0 C#0, right ? but this doesn't work or I am not ( yet ) able to make it working ...

Thank you, anyway.

• ok, my question has been answeres. Thanks DG

• Hello Pro-Arte!

The expression maps for the Special Edition and Special Edition PLUS are using key switches for H-Span and CC1 for V-Span. The expression maps for our wind instrument collections and download wind instruments are using key switches for matrix switching and second key switches for H-Span.
    You don't have to have a Mod-Wheel, because the expression maps will take care of sending these values.

I don't understand what you are trying to do.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  Ok , it have been etablished that Cubase mistaken what is the middle "C" it seems they propose C3 as middle C instead of C4... this is why my matrixs doesn't change , what I did is to reatribute the matrix to another note instead of CO that is for Cubase C1 , as I have 88 notes keyboard I can put only few notes (matrixs) as the fews notes before "C0"...Too bad Steinberg doesn't fix this (long ago ) mistake ....

• last edited
    last edited

@Pro-Arte said:

Ok , it have been etablished that Cubase mistaken what is the middle "C" it seems they propose C3 as middle C instead of C4... this is why my matrixs doesn't change , what I did is to reatribute the matrix to another note instead of CO that is for Cubase C1 , as I have 88 notes keyboard I can put only few notes (matrixs) as the fews notes before "C0"...Too bad Steinberg doesn't fix this (long ago ) mistake ....

The reason Steinberg doesn't fix it is that they don't consider it to be a mistake. Even though the current International Standard clearly states that C4 is Middle C, many software and hardware developers would rather adhere to the "standard" that they have become used to. Obviously it would make sense for sequencer developers to give the user a choice (as some already do) but Steinberg, as usual, thinks they know best.

DG

• Hi,

It seems there is an error in the harp Expression map as it uses "Accent" and "Flageolet" patches, but the special edition include only "normal" and "harmonic" patches for the harp.