Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,203 users have contributed to 42,282 threads and 255,007 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 68 new user(s).

• Hello Stéphane!

This is no error. Flageolet is synonymous for harmonic and an accent will make the velocity of the selected note(s) higher.

Best,
    Andi 

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • The VST Expression Maps for our String collections are now available for download at the following location:
    http://vsl.co.at/en/68/141/460/1602/1288.htm

They can be used with the following products:
    Solo Strings I + II
    Chamber Strings I + II
    Orchestral Strings I + II
    Appassionata Strings I + II

Note for users who have already worked with the other VST Expression Maps provided on this site: Although the date has changed, the content has not. The only difference is the layout of the readme file. That was impoved. So there is no need to download these Expression Maps again.

Best wishes,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi, Expression maps are great, but have this severe 2 key switch limitation. Is there anybody reading this who knows about the next 2 questions ? Is there a possibility to avoid the need to have two key switches, since this does not work for Cubase 5 expression maps, and it would be very convenient to use 1 keyswitch for matrix switching and something else as simple as key switches for either A/B, or patch (sets) switching ? Is there contact / progress between VSL and Steinberg on this 2 key switch problem ? regards, Gerard

• Hello Gerard!

You can use any MIDI Control Change for A/B switching. This way you don't need a third keyswitch.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thanks for the response, AB switch can do without keyswitch, but using 2 keyswitches (ie for changing matrix and for changing patch-sets) won't work in Cubase 5, and I would be interseted to know if anyone has solution for this 2 keyswitch problem or if VSL or Steinberg, or anybody, is working on it. regards, Gerard

• You can use 2 different keyswitches AND 2 different MIDI Control changes at the same time for every articulation. I still don't understand your problem.
    If you use our preconfigured Expression Maps, you don't even have to care about that. And if you want to create Expression Maps for yourself, it should also be possible to trigger everything you want.

Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • As is explained and subsequently discussed in the Steinberg Cubase 5 for windows forum http://www.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=118309&highlight=expression , using 2 keyswitches with vsl causes erratic behaviour of the expression map. I have used the preconfigured expression map for my vsl hoboe, but it is rather limited in articulations and I therefore made maps to suit my purpose, and stumbled over the 2 key switch problem. regards, Gerard

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on