Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,205 users have contributed to 42,283 threads and 255,013 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 59 new user(s).

• What can I say but : you're the best!

Looking forward to this!

•  As usual Paul best support..

Shakuman.

• I'm assuming this does not work with Logic?

• VST Expression only works with Cubase 5 currently.

Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • We now have a tutorial video for VST Expression and Vienna Instruments online. Check it out at the following location:

http://vsl.co.at/en/68/141/1524/274/1245.vsl

Best,

Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • VST Expression will never work with Logic, because Logic can't run VSTs. I also doubt that Apple would want to implement technology invented by another developer, without calling it something else, making sure it's not compatible with other sequencers and then pretending that they invented it first. [;)]

DG

• Hmm! I've been using logic for years, should I switch to Cubase for this? Is it worth it? Any other options?

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy said:

Hmm! I've been using logic for years, should I switch to Cubase for this? Is it worth it? Any other options?

There are many reasons to consider a switch to Cubase, but I don't think that this is one of them.

DG

• hello,

I tryied with trombone SE + it seems it encounter some problems that i didn't encountered with trombone SE map,on the bass notes , as well as bass trombone and tuba SE + ....

• These instruments are all working fine on my machine. Can you please explain what problems you encountered and which expression maps you have loaded?

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  Bass trombone + seems to omitt some articulations and notes , I tested it within my big orchestration of 23 instruments, very strange results...

• Can you please elaborate on your problem.
    Is it only the bass trombone now, that makes problems?
    Which expression map did you load?
    Which articulations do not work?

Maybe you have loaded the wrong expression map for the bass trombone. You will need "VSL SE+ - Low Winds" loaded.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  Andi,

What I did is to load Bass Trombone+ and bass trombone+ Expr map it doesn't work so I reloaded to bass trombone and bass trombone map this time it work...I encontered same problem with trombone + tuba + bass clarinet +...

May be I havent enough ram ( 8 gigas ) on 64 bits windows and cubase 5 64 or what is it ????

Thank you

• Hello!

First of all : amazing! I would never thank you enough!

And because we have to challenge you even more (or else you would feel kind of bored...) I'm wondering if you think possible in a near future to link the dynamics (cubase score) to the performance.

As for an example, crescendos could be linked to the velocity Xfade.

What do you think?

• Pro-Arte, I still think you have loaded the wrong expression map before. There is no expression map called bass trombone+. So I'm not sure what you have loaded.
    It surely is no RAM problem. 8 GB isn't that bad by the way. [;)]

Ramu, thanks for your kind words and your suggestion. I'm not sure if dynamics really should be added to expression maps though, as lots of people record their performances with a MIDI keyboard and already have the desired dynamics this way. This could lead to a mess.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  Andi,

There is an expression map called Bass Trombone + it is on the VSL SE + Low winds expression map ( 23S)  and it doesn't work...same for tuba and trombones I wil check again tonight and will describe what happens to some section on the wwnds...

Strings + expression map works perfectly !!!

• Sorry, but there is no expression map called Bass Trombone + (unless you made it yourself). Maybe you are talking about the Vienna Instruments matrix with that name.
    So please do the following: Load the Bass Trombone+ matrix in Vienna Ensemble and load the expression map VSL SE+ - Low winds in the Cubase track with the same channel.

Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  I fixed it in completing the missing articulations . Now there is another challange , on the clarinet demo, we see that there is 2 matrixs , one is C0 the other C0#, is this working with a key switch Horizontal ? Thank You...

• The preset you see in the clarinet demo has indeed two matrices included. It is for the clarinet in the DVD collection Woodwinds I. It's right that these matrices have the keyswitches C0 and C#0, but this is not H-Span switching, but switching between matrices as seen in the keyswitch display below the matrix settings.

Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Can I ask a question before I  waste any money on an upgrade?

With Vsl you can have up tp three (or even four?) keyswitches that are asigned to a certain sampleset. Also, they cannot be placed simultaneously but one after the other.

Is Vst expression cabable of translating the more complex keyswitches including matrix and A/B switches into a single command?

That would be indeed a big timesaver.