Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,632 users have contributed to 42,399 threads and 255,547 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• 3 days, and nothing new really that I can see. Algorithms, has that been mentioned before? Probably, I was offline over the weekend.

Anyway I've just this minute finished unpacking the Pro Ed dvd's, so I'm off for a beer. Or I would be if the pub was open. Ah well...

Update and Specials downloading to be done now.

• I had a feeling someone would mention the porsche versus toyota type of argument. I know VSL is top of the line and it shows. Their articulations and details plus innovation far exceeds almost any competitor around....as VSL puts it...."What competition?". I am just saying that even though porsche's are more than a toyota they aren't as much money as say a custom made italian car that is only made for 10 people a year! Nothing I am aware of costs 10,000 dollars for sampling of anything except the possibility of the Symphonic Cube. They can charge premium but not above and beyond where most people's wallets can't have enough money in it to cover the cost.....

• I wish we could hear some demo's or some sort of music from the cube in the "countdown"....wouldn't that be nice!? [H]

• last edited
    last edited

@Austin Haynes said:

$8,995 in USD....Sure it's optimistic but if it's higher than that some of us "dreamers" won't be able to have more than a dream.....

I guess price will be 25,600 EUR (approx. 29,954 $).

• hehe Austin - i'm begining to think your as much a junkie as I am! [[:D]]

Chinablu... that seems very pessimistic. The only potential customer would be Hans Zimmer. And even he would think twice [[:D]]

• [;)] Christian, I think your thinking is pretty accurate [:D] ....Heheh 3 Days guys! 3 Days! [:P]

• 3 days.. arg!

The thought of a 25600 price tag scares me. I still think its way more than what it actually will cost, but just the thought of it still scares me. I'm stil expecting it to be twice the Pro Ed price though

• Gulp! Of course after the SPECIAL Christmas price.... [:D] [[;)]]

• last edited
    last edited

@Christian Marcussen said:

3 days.. arg!

The thought of a 25600 price tag scares me. I still think its way more than what it actually will cost, but just the thought of it still scares me. I'm stil expecting it to be twice the Pro Ed price though

I understand that it's going to cost £6000.

• How did you come to that understanding? Isen't £6000 around twice the Pro Ed price?

• last edited
    last edited

The thought of a 25600 price tag scares me

Surely none of these teaser figures can relate to any price whatsoever. There wouldn't be any sense in it since there are 3 main currencies...

@PaulR: £6k? Insider information or speculation?

• Well I haven't guessed wrong yet as I spotted what looked like a graphic representation of convolution on the main page and thought it was MIR - promptly announced the next day. All that is to say that any numeric figure shown is not a monetary one but perhaps computational in nature: MIR again?

VSL is too classy to shout some large monetary figure in it's presentation. When's the last time a salesman hit you with the price-tag of an expensive item before he told you what the heck it does?

• I'm sure what ever the VSL people will come up with will be great! But maybe it would be wiser not to get your expectations up too high...in case it's not that... [:'(] I will be thrilled with just the VSL choir, [:D] the rest for me will be a bonus or bonuses!

• Guy, I am with you on the Choir...I really am eager to see what VSL will do. Any chance the choir will be in the Cube?

• My guess is that it's a new proprietary 24 bit Kontakt Interface using K2's scripting for the performance instruments. This would certainly allow for stacking. And copyright protection.

If not then it's all just Release 'TALES'.

• last edited
    last edited

How did you come to that understanding? Isen't £6000 around twice the Pro Ed price?

It's just gone up to £7000 - market rises and inflation figures just came through. It's understandable though.

• Hehe...

Interesting speculations going on in this thread.

I'm not going to say much about it (since we'll know for certain what is what anyways in a couple of days), except that I'd be very surprised if the numbers presented in the flash teasers have anything to do with pricing.

Seems more likely to me that the numbers have some sort of technical meaning (i.e. number of samples, IR's or something like that).

Just my 2 "speculative" cents. [:P]

Cheers

Rodney

• Indeed... I dont think it has anything to do with pricing either.

Paul? You make it sound like your guessing is more than mear guesses. Is that the case?

• last edited
    last edited

Paul? You make it sound like your guessing is more than mear guesses. Is that the case?

He's winding us all up I think... [[;)]]

• Bastard [;)] ... like we aren't winded up enough! [:D]