Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,525 users have contributed to 42,395 threads and 255,525 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• So what's the number 10 refer to? Could this be 10 free copies for the first 10 people to guess correctly? [:D]

I've been racking my brain, and I can't imagine what this could be.

• Wondering what 'ease of use' might mean?

• last edited
    last edited

@Austin Haynes said:

The 8 days flash reads with these hints: Flexible, ...it's real, crossfade, the next generation, and 10. The big one I see here is crossfade. Does anyone know of the solo violin that Garritan is going to release soon. The crossfading from one sample to another is "seamless" which I think could mean for all of vsl's stuff. No more obvious transition points inbetween samples! Of course this is speculative but that's what I read whe I see crossfade. Of the hints, what comes to your mind? After all, we have 7 days left to imagine!!!

Austin- good point the PE WW crossfade leg instruments are unusable in their current state (too much phasing). This will be a big deal if true.

Rob

• Now on 7 days, we see the words "Natural Intelligence" . . . so at least we know that it's not a software version of George Bush!

V-Span anyone?

• last edited
    last edited

@musos said:

Now on 7 days, we see the words "Natural Intelligence" . . . so at least we know that it's not a software version of George Bush!

[:D]

• Isn't V-Span a video conferencing company???

• We should all say we're poor and can't afford nothing over $1000.00. [H]

Comme to think of it, for me that's the truth! [:O]ops:

• "Natural Intelligence"? Somthing tells me that something real new is comming. [[:|]]

Chris

• Have to believe with all the hype that this is finally the long awaited "SAXOPHONES II" set...

[;)]

TH

• mmmm? - anyone noticed how certain otherwise prolific senior posters to the forum have not joined in the guessing game?

Come on William, come on Jay what do you know that we don't?

You could always log in under a different name and give us some hints? [6]

• last edited
    last edited
    DaveTubaking wrote:

@Another User said:

mmmm? - anyone noticed how certain otherwise prolific senior posters to the forum have not joined in the guessing game?

Come on William, come on Jay what do you know that we don't?

You could always log in under a different name and give us some hints?

No no no!

Wait until the last day, and then announce a delay of a further 7 days. Now that's a way to heighten the tension!

Makes me think Beethoven would have been superb in marketing.

Regards to you all,

Alex.

[H]

p.s. 6 more sleeps to go. (Unless there is a delay!)

• last edited
    last edited

@Plowman said:

Excuse me. I'm going to need some time to grieve the loss of the perf-rep tool.... Okay, I'm over it.

Funniest quote of the day. Took you longer to get over the Rep tool them me [:P]

Rob

• This thread has had more LOL's than any other VSL discussion.

"...Anyone noticed how certain otherwise prolific senior posters to the forum have not joined in the guessing game?"

Indeed. I don't mind Herb and Christian and Dietz laughing at our ignorance. But Nick Batzdorf must be having a knee-slapping good time too. It's enough to make you want to start your own magazine.

One more week of G pedal in C. Soon they'll pass through the six-four, then descend to dominant. Then they'll add the seventh. Two days before the unveiling, they'll add the timpani roll, then a hard piccolo trill, and finally, on the last day they'll move to screaming epic horns on a unison ninth.

And then we'll find out its VSL Looped Bagpipes, and the whole thing resolves to A minor.

• last edited
    last edited

@Plowman said:

One more week of G pedal in C. Soon they'll pass through the six-four, then descend to dominant. Then they'll add the seventh. Two days before the unveiling, they'll add the timpani roll, then a hard piccolo trill, and finally, on the last day they'll move to screaming epic horns on a unison ninth.

And then we'll find out its VSL Looped Bagpipes, and the whole thing resolves to A minor.

Great! [[;)]]
    ...never thought that a simple A minor could leave me so... breathless! [:D]

...funny, indeed!

• DTK

I don't know about Jay but in my case it's simply too agonizing to even discuss. Any new release of VSL that is announced then withheld by even a few moments is sheer torture.

• last edited
    last edited

@William said:

DTK

I don't know about Jay but in my case it's simply too agonizing to even discuss. Any new release of VSL that is announced then withheld by even a few moments is sheer torture.

Nice try William - come on what do you know? [[;)]]

• My guess is it's like:

Pro Edition Version 2

An upgrade, with V-Span (I assume velocity spanning), 24-bit, more articulations, and an updated and extended performance tool set. And perhaps a modular format (ie: it's own smaple playback engine, or at least compatible with several big ones.).

Anyone who thinks its simply the Horizon and PE bundled at 24-bit with more tools, is likely wrong. They didn't put out Horizon to make it obsolete. And they didn't wait this long just to copy and paste samples into a bigger bundle. No, I think this is an extension/upgrade from teh Pro Edition, a sort of Pro Edition 2, obviously called the Cube.

Evan EVans

• last edited
    last edited

@rino amato said:

...funny, indeed!

Absolutly the funniest thing i've seen all day.

• 6 days: 'H-span' and 'patch edit' appearing [possibly these aren't new but that i've missed them before]

• last edited
    last edited

@Plowman said:

And then we'll find out its VSL Looped Bagpipes...

Awesome!!! I'll finally be able to do my Scottish pipe band arrangements.