Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,632 users have contributed to 42,399 threads and 255,547 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• I hadn't looked at the main page which seems to indicate elements of MIR.

• Here is a very wild guess !

I think the Symphonic Cube will have it's own "unique" sample player editor, a custom made VSL Symphonic Cube GUI. (With Top of the line leather seats that is !)

A sample player/editor/performance tool all in one slick packaged GUI. Highly efficient at steaming samples, and very sweet to use. offering lots of polyphony, ease of editing, and much more ....

Works with both PC and MAC platfortms, and offers an integrated Perfmance tool, easy to use, and an All wheel sports suspension.

Oh !

Am I dreaming or is this reality ? or Virtual Reality ? or The ultimate Virtual Symphonic Orchestra is just around the corner, and it's in that big Big Cube of "Ice", that will melt and reveal it's contents on Nov. 26th.

One thing is for sure...... The Temprature is Rising.

This is fun ! Maybe they should release it a week after the 26th just to see how things develop on this one far out forum thread ! [:D]

• Exactly, that's what I was saying. It'll be Pro Edition mark II, as an optional plug-in player/editor, with souped up tools.

Evan Evans

• Are we expecting an announcement the 26th with purchase in e.g.Janurary or do we expect to be able to buy this beast shortly after the 26th?

Its certain that the release is The Cube... whats exciting is if MIR also is released, or even a part of The Cube as Evan and muzikculp suggest

• lol.. it probably *is* bagpipes and the mods are reading this thinking 'eehhh.. crap, these fools are going to be sooo dissapointed... built in player!?.. we really should have thought of that.. MIR!? christ i'd forgotten all about it... knew i was doing something...'

• last edited
    last edited

@Banquo said:

[...] MIR!? christ i'd forgotten all about it... knew i was doing something...'

ROFL! [:D]

/Dietz - MIR Project

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@muziksculp said:

Highly efficient at steaming samples, and very sweet
    [:D]

Mmmm! Steamed Samples!
    I prefer fried myself...

• last edited
    last edited

@muziksculp said:

Highly efficient at steaming samples, and very sweet

Mmmm! Steamed Samples!
    I prefer fried myself...

Nice one..

I just know that the new (updated) product will be on a hard disk. I know for a fact [:D] as this is the week I'm finishing off unpacking my Pro Ed from the dvd's. Done the Strings, now half-way through the Performance Set. Eek!

• Today's Special is:

Steamed samples..... with our special (MIR) sauce [:D]

Sorry, but we ran out of the Fried samples.

Told you, This is lots of FUN !

• Let us imagine a perfect world, with a shake in the left hand and a VSL package in the other hand, with a piece of VSL "epic-trumpets-strings-and reed-cream" on top of it - mmmmh.

Would be so great to have a VSL plugin as a VSTi! To finally get rid of the GIGA sh....ining software that makes PCs crash randomly...

THAT could be some big aim for Herb to think about in the near future!

Just my two cents... I could not resist...

• The VSL team is an incredibly sharp group of people who are true visionarys' so this may be a combination of innovations that simplify the ultimate goal of musical realism.

• last edited
    last edited

@dpcon said:

The VSL team is an incredibly sharp group of people who are true visionarys' so this may be a combination of innovations that simplify the ultimate goal of musical realism.

Dave that really is the most important issue. There are many developers currently who can realistically record and make gig files (or other formats) - the future is how to both simplify, for us as composers - the means to express ourselves, without regard to current sample library limitations (or spending so much time 'down in the trees' - using 5-7 art files to put together a believable performance) - the we lose sight of the 'forrest' - or big vision we had in the first place.

I think VSL will not disappoint in their latest incarnation due out at the end of the week. [:)]

(or at least the announcement)

Rob

• 5 days: 'expandable'

edit: and ''MiR'' !!!

• last edited
    last edited

@Banquo said:

...edit: and ''MiR'' !!!

Damn, they have been busy in Vienna.

This should be good!

• last edited
    last edited

@Banquo said:

This should be good!

Certainly no question of what is being released now - just how good it is and of course the cost!

Rob

• last edited
    last edited

@Banquo said:

This should be good!

Certainly no question of what is being released now - just how good it is and of course the cost!

Sure hope the "800,000" is in no way referencing the costs. [:)]

Rob

• What would be "exapandable"? Any takers? Do you think they might be using some sort of sample engine of their own outside of using Giga or Kontakt?

• I heard MIR would need it's own machine. Is this right? How are we single computer users going to use it? Perhaps rendering with MIR at the end when exporting down?

• I'm hoping for a Powercore version of MIR so I can run it on my powercore firewire - probably not going to happen though [:)]

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

Sure hope the "800,000" is in no way referencing the costs. [:)]

I hope too.

The ECB (European Central Bank) will rise interest rates on December. Apart from this inconvenience, a price > 1.000 EUR is out of question for me.

[6]