Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,906 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,946 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Daryl,

It was I who penned the phrase hollywood sound. I'm at a loss though to understand the difference between a hollywood sound and an LA sound.
    I really must get out more.

Regards,

Alex.
    (Currently studying in Russia, and a listener to the 'Moscow' sound whenever i can. Very, very, good string players.)
    [H]

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

Sorry to hear you don't like Block typing Spartacus. I agree it seems odd to read without any break in sentences perpetuated by paragraphs.
    Perhaps
    this
    would
    be
    better.

As
    an aside,
    how the
    golf
    going?

What's your
    handicap?

Regards,
    Alex.
    [[:|]]

Hey Alex,

Is it safe now?? [:P] You boys been having some fun huh?

Handicap was 6 - but since my health problem they have given me one of 13. My eyesight is not too good with reading.

• Yes Paul,
    You can take off your armour, and put the pike away.

As i haven't played golf in 5 years, my handicap is a bag of clubs, so if we ever have a game, i'll take 5 strokes, and 20p a hole! (Winner buys lunch.)

Regards,

Alex.

p.s. I have a question. When you add music to a film, be it short or long, what format does the film come in? Is it video, with some sort of timing lock, or another format? (Quicktime?)

• Enjoyed the discussion on "Pasture pool"

You can get extra bite of course on the trumpets by adding some eq.

If someone mentioned this all ready sorry, but in going through the posts I didn't see it.

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

Yes Paul,
    You can take off your armour, and put the pike away.

As i haven't played golf in 5 years, my handicap is a bag of clubs, so if we ever have a game, i'll take 5 strokes, and 20p a hole! (Winner buys lunch.)

Regards,

Alex.

p.s. I have a question. When you add music to a film, be it short or long, what format does the film come in? Is it video, with some sort of timing lock, or another format? (Quicktime?)

20 pence a hole? That's serious money Alex. [:P]

For TV - usually video with code. hours - minutes - seconds -frames.

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

Yes Paul, ...

20 pence a hole? That's serious money Alex. [:P]

For TV - usually video with code. hours - minutes - seconds -frames.

And welcome to the Club 1k! Congrats PaulR. [;)] Hope I'll join somewhen...

PolarBear