Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,873 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• Even, normally I don't say things like this, but more than like a spoiled brat, you're really coming across as a control freak. No matter what YOU say, it's OK. But let one person disagree with you, even mildly, and WHAM. You beat them up 2-3 times greater than anything they said. If they respond and you don't like it, WHAM, you do it again, only with more viciousness. The need to win, or be right, at any cost is unnecessary on this forum. Chill out and relax.

• last edited
    last edited

@Peter Alexander said:

[...] Chill out and relax.

Good advice! :-]

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • So, maybe I missed something out here, but do we discuss about behaviour at the forum or about a future VIP Price for 1st Edition users who intend to buy the Opus I?

My question would be: What are mainly the differences between 1st Edition and Opus I?
    I think there are more articulations and velocities of some instruments like piccolo - am I right?

I mean: We all want to use that wonderful library, so in one point we do all agree.
    Why we are spending so much time in arguing?
    Time in which it would be possible to compose some new pieces.

Peace!

Musicmaster

• [:(]

• last edited
    last edited

@Peter Alexander said:

Even, normally I don't say things like this, but more than like a spoiled brat, you're really coming across as a control freak. No matter what YOU say, it's OK. But let one person disagree with you, even mildly, and WHAM. You beat them up 2-3 times greater than anything they said. If they respond and you don't like it, WHAM, you do it again, only with more viciousness. The need to win, or be right, at any cost is unnecessary on this forum. Chill out and relax.
    I agree with you. That is not where this came from thoough I assure you. However, just to return this thread, which is very important back toa state of grace, I'm not going to go into this OT subject except to apologize to everyone taht it had to go there.

[:)]

Evan Evans

• last edited
    last edited

@Musicmaster said:

My question would be: What are mainly the differences between 1st Edition and Opus I?
    Musicmaster
    Mainly, the performance instruments not found on DVD update. I think it can make sense to buy the PRO EDITION Performance Set upgrade solely, but thus far the VSL team has not really given the disgruntled users any real straightforward guidance.

I would like to see for instance, for the benefit of others, VSL say something official like:

1) There are no plans for an "OPUS 1" VIP upgrade purchase price for First Edition owners
    2) The best alternative option to recieve the most value for missing instruments not contained in the free DVD Update may be to purchase the PRO EDITION Performance Set

I think an official statement like that would put an end to "discussions" to the otherwise.

Evan Evans

• I already realized that these missing instruments are the performance elements.
    I share your view, evan evans; why does VSL offer a product which contains much more "instruments" with special articulations and performance elements at a cheaper price?
    I always thought the elite of the library is the Complete Orchestral Package.
    So, even the 1st edition should contain all these missing instruments.
    Not everybody is able to afford the new Pro Edition, for my personal view it means, I can't it afford right now.
    But I'm very interested in forthcoming products & offers, that's why I decided to go with VSL.
    But it's quite not the cheapest library.

My question is: Why does VSL offer a better "designed" product line-up than it's elite line Complete Orchestral Package?

Maybe I've misunderstood something, but I'm a little bit confused about the offerings.
    As Evan said, maybe somebody could explain us why the team of VSL has brought out that new line with such stunning specifications which contains more instruments than the 1st Edition "professional library".

Musicmaster

• Are there any plans to let Opus 1 people upgrade from Opus -> 1st. Ed -> Pro. Ed?

would be niiiice... or are Opus and 1st Ed too similar?

• dear oh dear...... I think you either need to get out more or channel all this uptight energy into making some decent music.......

• Hans-Peter,

The "elite" of the library still has to be recorded and isn't even announced in size yet. I don't want to speculate if the "elite" contains a Duduk sample, although I think an "elite" library should contain one. The "elite" will be much more $$$, but R.I. will have a Duduk for much less! So what it this complaining all about? False advertisement?

I don't think one has to regret buying the First Edition (C.O.P.) instead of Opus 1. There are a lot of things missed in Opus 1 compared to the First Edition, hence the reduced price. Compare the articulation lists for detailed information. The VIP price for Pro Edition Performance Set would mean a lot more to me (if I were a 1st Ed. C.O.P. user) than the few (most times only range extending) Opus 1 instruments.

I might compare oranges to apples here, but do you blame Rover for bringing out the Mini Cooper, as it might be a lot more Rover for a lot less? Aren't the "Rover" drivers hurt by this? The first VSL products are out for a year now, do you blame Rover bringing out a "better" designed car in 1990 compared to the one from 1975? The First Edition is "professional" by any means to me, and I bet it is to all "professionals" who could afford it. Name a better product for what it is offering. Opus 1? You got to be kidding.

PolarBear