Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,768 users have contributed to 42,370 threads and 255,374 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 61 new user(s).

• "... because it sounds better than just synths"  - magates

How does it sound compared to VSL?   Is that a "synth" ?  What is that statement supposed to mean anyway? 

BTW, it is obvious you are screwing people blue. The simple fact of the matter is - people always want music. But they never want to pay for it. And in filmmaking, the composer is usually the single most artistically talented person involved in the entire production. And gets screwed most of the time...

I would advise anyone to tell this guy to take a flying fuck.  If you have any self respect.

• BTW

I am a filmmaker and 300K is huge. For an intelligently made low budget film.  Ask Roger Corman.   His films still cost $250,000 - and pay composers.

• and on top of that, i can make a complete feature for approximately 1/10 that cost. And pay the composer.  of course, I am the composer.  So I take a huge chunk of the budget.

• and one last thing -

stay true to yourself, and avoid Maggots.  Sorry sir, Magates. I need to get that name straight. My apologies.

You my fellow composers, are worth more than any asshole who tells you your work is worth nothing.  It is NEVER worth the experience. You already have the experience. You are an artist!   You must be paid, IN HARD CASH, every penny you are worth.   The greatest example to emulate, who would tell Maggots to f*** off, is Bernard Herrmann, the divine inspiration of all true film composers.  His salary was often the biggest single item in the budget. 

• http://www.symphonicuproar.com/audio/FILM_COMPOSER-The_Phoniex.mp3 (with live orchestra, granted I had to use a lot of synths to make it sound this good) http://www.symphonicuproar.com/audio/FILM_COMPOSER-All_Synth_Demo.mp3 (the original mockup) William, I wish you'd keep inflammatory, slanderous and untrue remarks, at least about me, to yourself. I thought we had agreed to that? I can't take time to explain this situation to you but you couldn't be further from the truth I am afraid (about me screwing people).

• Yes, that was a bit extreme of me, eh?  Sorry about my obscene presentation, I apologize for that. I get highly irritated by some things here.  However it is not slanderous, and on top of that I still feel exactly the same.  One should absolutely never do this kind of work for any reason whatsoever. Unless it is your OWN project that you are doing for free. That is different, but this is just being used.

• This business reminds with Matt reminds me of The Life of Brian. I have this image of Matt's mother coming here soon saying ' he's NOT coming out - he's a VERY naughty boy!' All musicians should be treated like this................http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPGb4STRfKw

• Man some of you are harsh and icy to people on this forum.  

But, that youtube video cracked me up....

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on