Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,303 users have contributed to 42,291 threads and 255,041 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Headlands said:

One question: I'm able to get this to work perfectly for the first port in VE Pro (which is Strings in my template), but I can't get any MIDI going to the second port (Brass in my template). I tried MIDI bus 2 and bus 1, with no luck. Is there something I might be missing? 

Make sure the following settings match, as pictured:

https://imgur.com/x57kq5Z

Essentially:

When using MIDI Bus/Port #1, the following settings should be made:

In REAPER's Send configuration window:

MIDI: [All] and [Channel #]

In Ensemble Pro:

Port: 1 Channel: [Channel #]

Once you want to expand beyond 16 instances and use Bus/Port #2 and beyond, REAPER's syntax gets a little confusing.  I'll use examples:

Let's say you want the track to receive MIDI data on Bus #2, Channel 12.

- Set REAPER's Send configuration for that track to:

MIDI [All] -> [Bus 2, 2/12]

- Then, set Ensemble Pro's settings to:

Port: 2 Channel: 12

Hopefully that clears it up and fixes your problem!

- Sam

• Also, there's a little obscure pair of settings that might be the culprit of Bus 2 and beyond are not working.  Do the following:

- Open the Ensemble Pro Server FX window in REAPER.  Make sure you are using the VST3i version of the Ensemble Pro Plugin.  As far as I'm aware, Ports/Buses beyond #1 won't work in REAPER unless it's VST3 (this might have been fixed in REAPER 6).

- Click on the button in the top right part of the window that says something like "2/64" out.  It will open a window with a grid.

- On that new window, click the small button that says I/O, again in the top right.  You'll get a drop down menu.

- In that menu, you need to change a few settings.  They are:

• Midi Input -> Map REAPER MIDI Buses to VST3 MIDI Buses
    • Midi Output -> Map VST3 MIDI Buses to REAPER MIDI Buses

Make sure both those are checked.  Once they are, Buses 2 and up will interact correctly with Ensemble Pro, allowing you to have 256 separate instruments in a single Ensemble Pro instance.  Yay!

• last edited
    last edited

@Seventh Sam said:

Also, there's a little obscure pair of settings that might be the culprit of Bus 2 and beyond are not working.  Do the following:

- Open the Ensemble Pro Server FX window in REAPER.  Make sure you are using the VST3i version of the Ensemble Pro Plugin.  As far as I'm aware, Ports/Buses beyond #1 won't work in REAPER unless it's VST3 (this might have been fixed in REAPER 6).

- Click on the button in the top right part of the window that says something like "2/64" out.  It will open a window with a grid.

- On that new window, click the small button that says I/O, again in the top right.  You'll get a drop down menu.

Make sure both those are checked.  Once they are, Buses 2 and up will interact correctly with Ensemble Pro, allowing you to have 256 separate instruments in a single Ensemble Pro instance.  Yay!

THAT was it - I had forgotten about that. Thank you again good sir.

• last edited
    last edited

@Seventh Sam said:

Also, there's a little obscure pair of settings that might be the culprit of Bus 2 and beyond are not working.  Do the following:

THAT was it - I had forgotten about that. Thank you again good sir.

No worries.  I guess the trade off for REAPER's flexibility is the interface is a little...unintuitive 😊

I recommend saving those settings into a track template so you never have to deal with it again.

- Sam

• last edited
    last edited

Thank you for your original post Sam.

I was close to pulling my hair out over this.

Many thanks!   👍👍👍

• last edited
    last edited

@Rellek said:

Thank you for your original post Sam.

I was close to pulling my hair out over this.

Many thanks!   👍👍👍

You're welcome!  Glad to have helped.

• Hey - Just a thank you for the tip about using the VST3i version of the plugin as well as NOT using the Event Plugin. I was using both the 'wrong' vst version as well as the event plugin and not getting anywhere fast. I also agree that routing inside Reaper is very much 'non-intuitive' at first... :-D

• Thanks Sam ,

very useful tip . One Question : 

I tried to set up a send  to an fx on a track that sends the midi data to VE Pro. After that, the track doesn't seem to send the midi data anymore. Is there a workaround for sending the midi data to VE Pro with a track, receiving audio from VE Pro on the track and additionally sending it to an fx?

Thanks and greets 

Markus 

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

Reaper 7 now supports 128 buses/16 ports compared to Reaper 6 only 16 buses/16 ports. But it doesn't seem to work above bus 16. No midi on 17/1+ for me. I checked "Map Reaper MIDI Buses to VST3 MIDI Buses" in I/O for both input and output. VEPro7 Server is set to 48 midi ports per instance and VEPro VST3 plugin to 48 midi ports too.

Anyone?

Thanks.

Matej

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Vienna Instruments Pro on
  • I'm having some issues with the mod wheel when i set it up like this :

• @justjero said:

I'm having some issues with the mod wheel when i set it up like this :

turns out you can't have omni selected with sine player