Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,115 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,984 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 28 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@McArnes said:

Hi @Paul (if I may),

I suggest the following price plan:

VEP 7 - One license - 1-Year subscription: € 129

For each additional license: € 29

VEP 7 - One license - Perpetual license: € 399

For each additional license: € 59

Meaning no extra charge for VEP7, VEP8, and so on (unless you increase these prices gradually though)

Already own VEP 6? VEP 7 - One license - 1-Year subscription: € 99 (first year only)

or each additional license: € 19

Already own VEP 6? VEP 7 - One license - Perpetual license: € 299

For each additional license: € 39

I'm sure someone will complain anyway, but just do it! I think it's more sustainable.

It seem like we have found our PricingWierdo. Jesus, how many wierdos are here?

• last edited
    last edited

@andyjh said:

Yes, I will complain straight away - you mentioned subscription.any company that uses subscription based licensing, I will run as far away as possible, If VSL goes subscription based, I will never buy ever again.
    It’s very flexible and you can buy a perpetual license if you please.

• last edited
    last edited

@McArnes said:

Hi @Paul (if I may), I suggest the following price plan: [b]VEP7 - One license - 1-Year subscription:[/b]€129 For each additional license: €29 [b]VEP7 - One license - Perpetual license:[/b]€ 399 For each additional license: €59 Meaning no extra charge for VEP7, VEP8, and so on (unless you increase these prices gradually though) [b]Already own VEP 6?[/b][b]VEP 7 -[/b][b]One license - 1-Year subscription:[/b]€99 (first year only) or each additional license: € 19 [b]Already own VEP 6?[/b][b]VEP 7[/b][b]- One license - Perpetual license:[/b]€299 For each additional license: € 39 I'm sure someone will complain anyway, but just do it! I think it's more sustainable.
    It seem like we have found our PricingWierdo. Jesus, how many wierdos are here? Unless you’re 85 years old, how can you not be satisfied with getting VEP for 299+extra licenses forever with no new costs?

• last edited
    last edited

@McArnes said:

Hi @Paul (if I may), I suggest the following price plan: [b]VEP7 - One license - 1-Year subscription:[/b]€129 For each additional license: €29 [b]VEP7 - One license - Perpetual license:[/b]€ 399 For each additional license: €59 Meaning no extra charge for VEP7, VEP8, and so on (unless you increase these prices gradually though) [b]Already own VEP 6?[/b][b]VEP 7 -[/b][b]One license - 1-Year subscription:[/b]€99 (first year only) or each additional license: € 19 [b]Already own VEP 6?[/b][b]VEP 7[/b][b]- One license - Perpetual license:[/b]€299 For each additional license: € 39 I'm sure someone will complain anyway, but just do it! I think it's more sustainable.
    It seem like we have found our PricingWierdo. Jesus, how many wierdos are here? Unless you’re 85 years old, how can you not be satisfied with getting VEP for 299+extra licenses forever with no new costs?

Well, there we are back with "forever" (which is a nice thougt) & the question: What happens when Herb T. retires? 😉

In other words: How long is forever?

• last edited
    last edited

@McArnes said:

It seem like we have found our PricingWierdo. Jesus, how many wierdos are here? Unless you’re 85 years old, how can you not be satisfied with getting VEP for 299+extra licenses forever with no new costs? Well, there we are back with "forever" (which is a nice thougt) & the question: What happens when Herb T. retires? 😉 In other words: How long is forever? What do you think?

• last edited
    last edited

@McArnes said:

It seem like we have found our PricingWierdo. Jesus, how many wierdos are here? Unless you’re 85 years old, how can you not be satisfied with getting VEP for 299+extra licenses forever with no new costs? Well, there we are back with "forever" (which is a nice thougt) & the question: What happens when Herb T. retires? 😉 In other words: How long is forever? What do you think?

You should better not ask that 😄 ...

... if I was Herb, I would sell the Software + Samples to a Developer who could theoretically coutinue and pays a good price. But on the other hand I would keep the Synchron Stage "as ultimate hobby" until the rest of my life.

• last edited
    last edited

@McArnes said:

It seem like we have found our PricingWierdo. Jesus, how many wierdos are here? Unless you’re 85 years old, how can you not be satisfied with getting VEP for 299+extra licenses forever with no new costs?We already have VEPro forever. Subscription s/w is a pain in the arse. I don't get why YOU think it's so great. If I didn't know better I'd think you were another Sandy @AOC (Google it).

• last edited
    last edited

@McArnes said:

It seem like we have found our PricingWierdo. Jesus, how many wierdos are here? Unless you’re 85 years old, how can you not be satisfied with getting VEP for 299+extra licenses forever with no new costs?We already have VEPro forever. Subscription s/w is a pain in the arse. I don't get why YOU think it's so great. If I didn't know better I'd think you were another Sandy @AOC (Google it). You have VEP 6 forever indeed, but today you have to pay for an upgrade every time so With a perpetual license you wouldn’t have to. There’s no reason to be skeptical about that.

• last edited
    last edited

@McArnes said:

Hi @Paul (if I may),

I suggest the following price plan:

I'm sure someone will complain anyway, but just do it! I think it's more sustainable.

Unless VSL made you the arbiter of marketing the point is moot. Anyone could throw any figure out there & call it 'sustainable'.

• I don’t use any subscription software and never will.

• Most of the people complaining about the upgrade cost don't even have more than one computer and don't need more than one license. You need to stop complaining..

• last edited
    last edited

@Dewdman42 said:

I don’t use any subscription software and never will.
    That’s why the option to not subscribe is so great!

• I would never buy a perpetual forever license either, equally brain dead. Vsl gets more money from me only one way, make something new that is worth the price they want me to pay; value of being determined by me. Until then they don’t get more money. Subscriptions and perpetual licenses represent an investment by the consumer site unseen for future potential updates which not even been announced much less realized. I don’t invest that way. Show me what you got, ask a reasonable price and I will probably buy it. If I need it

• last edited
    last edited

@McArnes said:

It seem like we have found our PricingWierdo. Jesus, how many wierdos are here? Unless you’re 85 years old, how can you not be satisfied with getting VEP for 299+extra licenses forever with no new costs?We already have VEPro forever. Subscription s/w is a pain in the arse. I don't get why YOU think it's so great. If I didn't know better I'd think you were another Sandy @AOC (Google it). You have VEP 6 forever indeed, but today you have to pay for an upgrade every time so With a perpetual license you wouldn’t have to. There’s no reason to be skeptical about that.Having a perpetual license has NOTHING to do with not paying for upgrades. Would love to know where you got your interpretation of what a perpetual license is. No company that wants to stay in business and make a profit would follow your model.

• last edited
    last edited

@Remoteguy said:

Most of the people complaining about the upgrade cost don't even have more than one computer and don't need more than one license. You need to stop complaining..

And how do you know that dude? We'll complain if we want - it's not your business to tell us what to do or not do.

• last edited
    last edited

@McArnes said:

It seem like we have found our PricingWierdo. Jesus, how many wierdos are here? Unless you’re 85 years old, how can you not be satisfied with getting VEP for 299+extra licenses forever with no new costs?We already have VEPro forever. Subscription s/w is a pain in the arse. I don't get why YOU think it's so great. If I didn't know better I'd think you were another Sandy @AOC (Google it). You have VEP 6 forever indeed, but today you have to pay for an upgrade every time so With a perpetual license you wouldn’t have to. There’s no reason to be skeptical about that.Having a perpetual license has NOTHING to do with not paying for upgrades. Would love to know where you got your interpretation of what a perpetual license is. No company that wants to stay in business and make a profit would follow your model.

Oh yes, many do. 

I was just suggesting a solution since 10 people have complained about the new prices.

• last edited
    last edited

@David Molina said:

Wow, I would really hate to have you all as customers. They haven't disclosed all the details yet and you guys are already whinning about things you don't know yet. Just be patient and wait for them to reveal all the details. Once they reveal everything and you still don't like it, send them an email. Amazing.

Agreed. I would also like to add that I find it very hard to believe that many of us are hard pressed to pony up €145 for an upgrade, FREE Epic Orchestra 2..0 Library, and (what I consider to be a reasonable) Additional License Fee. Yes, more info on the upgrade would be nice, but fortunately I currently find my VEP 6 more than adequate and no one is forcing me to upgrade. 

• last edited
    last edited

@McArnes said:

Oh yes, many do. 

I was just suggesting a solution since 10 people have complained about the new prices.

Many do what? Follow your model? Care to tell us who they are? There's no one in music s/w that does what you're proposing. Your 'solution' makes no sense because you keep conflating having a perpetual license with not having to pay for program updates/upgrades.

• last edited
    last edited

@McArnes said:

It seem like we have found our PricingWierdo. Jesus, how many wierdos are here? Unless you’re 85 years old, how can you not be satisfied with getting VEP for 299+extra licenses forever with no new costs?We already have VEPro forever. Subscription s/w is a pain in the arse. I don't get why YOU think it's so great. If I didn't know better I'd think you were another Sandy @AOC (Google it). You have VEP 6 forever indeed, but today you have to pay for an upgrade every time so With a perpetual license you wouldn’t have to. There’s no reason to be skeptical about that.Having a perpetual license has NOTHING to do with not paying for upgrades. Would love to know where you got your interpretation of what a perpetual license is. No company that wants to stay in business and make a profit would follow your model. Oh yes, many do. I was just suggesting a solution since 10 people have complained about the new prices. Many do what? Follow your model? Care to tell us who they are? There's no one in music s/w that does what you're proposing. Your 'solution' makes no sense because you keep conflating having a perpetual license with not having to pay for program updates/upgrades. FL Studio is a great example. But I don’t think VSL will change their prices because of a few complaints, but let’s see.

• My 2 cents on this is.

Why VSL market people don't think on old users (the ones that help the company grow and pass the word on this great app) and let continue to receive the upgrades as they always received one upgrade with the 3 licenses (without the upgrade of Epic orchestra or it could be included) and only the new users that start on this boat now will have these new prices.

We are VSL users since version 3 or version 4 (we bought Cube Library)

Most of us use those 3 licenses.

I really don't like this new price tags for the old user.