Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,120 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,986 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• @Remoteguy aka MonsterousWierd[b]issimo[/b] You are sounding somehow frustrated!? I am not complaining. I am someone who acts instead of complaining. That is why I was reacting by pushing the button at Bestservice instead here. And the deal was ok. BTW making good deals is a matter of timing and Charme. Having the right girl sitting at the right place can save you tons of money ;) ... and LAJ has ... ;))

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

@Remoteguy aka MonsterousWierd[b]issimo[/b] You are sounding somehow frustrated!? I am not complaining. I am someone who acts instead of complaining. That is why I was reacting by pushing the button at Bestservice instead here. And the deal was ok. BTW making good deals is a matter of timing and Charme. Having the right girl sitting at the right place can save you tons of money 😉 ... and LAJ has ... ;))

This is very good. Maybe you should have this girl get VEPro 7 for you since you would rather cry about the price?

• last edited
    last edited

@fatis12_24918 said:

To be very honest I'm a bit surprised by the large discussion about licenses: actually if you own VEP 6, you may update 1 licence + EO2.0 for 75€ and if you need to update all the 3 VEP 6 licenses you just buy 2 more single licence update at 45€ each. What's wrong?

Total cost is easy to calculate, and I don't think it's just a bad policy change, the opposite it has some advantage as well (e.g. if you don't need additional licenses or if you need just 1, you will pay according your real need, not being forced to the batch).

What's a bit weird instead is the almost total lack of technical features explanation, but we are not forced to buy today:

the people buying today just trust VSL for the previous good experience with VE Pro, and hope it will keep the standard. Due to the fact VEP is the core of my system I had no doubt about using the last version available, because the actual one starts to be unstable and conflicts with recent OS and VST updates are day by day more frequent, so a VEP software update was really welcome if it just makes the program solid and compatible again.

Any additional feature beside stability and compatibility is very welcome, but not the core motivation factor for me. I just hope VSL will not disappoint the trust... in case they will do, of course next time I won't buy any pre-order anymore (as I won't pre-buy anything from Synchron series after being disappointed by Synchron Strings I).

Very simple, isn't it? 😊

YES! What about the new features? 12 pages of upgrade fee frustration, but will there be a marvelous plugin manager?? VST3 support? ASIO guard solution? Which value for money 😉

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

@Remoteguy aka MonsterousWierd[b]issimo[/b] You are sounding somehow frustrated!? I am not complaining. I am someone who acts instead of complaining. That is why I was reacting by pushing the button at Bestservice instead here. And the deal was ok. BTW making good deals is a matter of timing and Charme. Having the right girl sitting at the right place can save you tons of money 😉 ... and LAJ has ... ;))
    This is very good. Maybe you should have this girl get VEPro 7 for you since you would rather cry about the price? Why are you always coming with VE Pro 7? All from Softube for „a price like a joke“ was a much better experience! ... ;b

• last edited
    last edited

@daviddln said:

He bought VE Pro 6 with a discount via the software package bundle. I'm an idiot, I forgot to do that with VE Pro 7.

Hello David,

BING! That's right.

I combined the Entry-Discount with the Package Discount. And no you are no idiot, because this is no more possible now. Another disadvantage for us Package-candidates.

I bought Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 with a Bestservice Discount for 71,00 €. But this is because I am a pretty good Softube-customer and bought a lot of effects & modular-modules (Clouds, Braids, Rings etc.) in 2018 and 2019.

Best,
    Lars

Hello Lars

Thanks! I'm glad I didn't miss any discount.

Best,

David

• Why does VE Pro 6 not boot up in logic Pro X??? Either the stand-alone version or the plug-in version?

Thank you,

Roy

• last edited
    last edited

@Roy Anderson said:

Why does VE Pro 6 not boot up in logic Pro X??? Either the stand-alone version or the plug-in version?

Thank you,

Roy

Completely off topic to this thread.

This really should be a separate post to get more traction. Camping on a thread ain't cool.

Besides there's only one version. One is a client and the other is a server. RTFM.

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

Ahhhh. No big trick, you just pressed the right button..... So you got a special deal and are complaining because that same deal isn't being offered with this version. Ridiculous. 

YAY! Im not the only one around here who thinks the VSL community has been disengenuous about this.

Facts dont care about your feelings, yes, it even applies outside of politics.

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

Ahhhh. No big trick, you just pressed the right button..... So you got a special deal and are complaining because that same deal isn't being offered with this version. Ridiculous.
    YAY! Im not the only one around here who thinks the VSL community has been disengenuous about this. Facts dont care about your feelings, yes, it even applies outside of politics. It is the common way to reward people who are loyal customers. The VSL has stopped rewarding (the way they did it) since about 1 year with the new sales structure. As I said ... I am reacting. Normally I always buy Vouchers in December. Last year I did not. And when all my Vouchers are redeemed (which will take quite some time) I will finish here. One reason for that is that I make much better deals at other firms like Spitfire, Audiobro and Softube. And yes ... I am making these deals behind closed doors 😉 ... outside of politics. YAY!

• last edited
    last edited

@littlewierdo said:

YAY! Im not the only one around here who thinks the VSL community has been disengenuous about this. Facts dont care about your feelings, yes, it even applies outside of politics.
    I don't know what politics has to do with this, and we're definitely not talking about science. We're talking about marketing, and the only 'facts' are sales figures - and the fact is that there will be numerous users who will not up/downgrade with the current pricing structure.

• last edited
    last edited

@littlewierdo said:

YAY! Im not the only one around here who thinks the VSL community has been disengenuous about this. Facts dont care about your feelings, yes, it even applies outside of politics.
    I don't know what politics has to do with this, and we're definitely not talking about science. We're talking about marketing, and the only 'facts' are sales figures - and the fact is that there will be numerous users who will not up/downgrade with the current pricing structure.

Ben Shapiro, a popular political commentator in the United States, coined the phrase, facts dont care about your feelings.

The real fact is, numerous users will choose to upgrade, numerous users will not.

• Hi @Paul (if I may),

I suggest the following price plan:

VEP 7 - One license - 1-Year subscription: â‚¬ 129

For each additional license: € 29

VEP 7 - One license - Perpetual license: â‚¬ 399

For each additional license: € 59

Meaning no extra charge for VEP7, VEP8, and so on (unless you increase these prices gradually though)

Already own VEP 6? VEP 7 - One license - 1-Year subscription: â‚¬ 99 (first year only)

or each additional license: € 19

Already own VEP 6? VEP 7 - One license - Perpetual license: â‚¬ 299

For each additional license: € 39

I'm sure someone will complain anyway, but just do it! I think it's more sustainable.

• Yes, I will complain straight away - you mentioned subscription.

any company that uses subscription based licensing, I will run as far away as possible,

If VSL goes subscription based, I will never buy ever again.

• last edited
    last edited

@andyjh said:

Yes, I will complain straight away - you mentioned subscription.

any company that uses subscription based licensing, I will run as far away as possible,

If VSL goes subscription based, I will never buy ever again.

And you wouldn't be the only one. As much as I love the program but when Adobe went subscription only for Photoshop that's when I froze my system at the last non-sub version and haven't updated.

• last edited
    last edited

@McArnes said:

Hi @Paul (if I may),

Meaning no extra charge for VEP7, VEP8, and so on (unless you increase these prices gradually though)

Already own VEP 6? VEP 7 - One license - 1-Year subscription: â‚¬ 99 (first year only)

I'm sure someone will complain anyway, but just do it! I think it's more sustainable.

Dude: please pass along whatever you're smoking when you came up with this nonsense. A mind is a terrible thing to waste and yours is wasted big time. Could it be you're littleweirdo under a different screen name?

• last edited
    last edited

@McArnes said:

Hi @Paul (if I may),

It seem like we have found our PricingWierdo. Jesus, how many wierdos are here?

• last edited
    last edited

@andyjh said:

Yes, I will complain straight away - you mentioned subscription.any company that uses subscription based licensing, I will run as far away as possible, If VSL goes subscription based, I will never buy ever again.
    It’s very flexible and you can buy a perpetual license if you please.

• last edited
    last edited

@McArnes said:

Hi @Paul (if I may), I suggest the following price plan: [b]VEP7 - One license - 1-Year subscription:[/b]€129 For each additional license: €29 [b]VEP7 - One license - Perpetual license:[/b]€ 399 For each additional license: €59 Meaning no extra charge for VEP7, VEP8, and so on (unless you increase these prices gradually though) [b]Already own VEP 6?[/b][b]VEP 7 -[/b][b]One license - 1-Year subscription:[/b]€99 (first year only) or each additional license: € 19 [b]Already own VEP 6?[/b][b]VEP 7[/b][b]- One license - Perpetual license:[/b]€299 For each additional license: € 39 I'm sure someone will complain anyway, but just do it! I think it's more sustainable.
    It seem like we have found our PricingWierdo. Jesus, how many wierdos are here? Unless you’re 85 years old, how can you not be satisfied with getting VEP for 299+extra licenses forever with no new costs?

• last edited
    last edited

@McArnes said:

Hi @Paul (if I may), I suggest the following price plan: [b]VEP7 - One license - 1-Year subscription:[/b]€129 For each additional license: €29 [b]VEP7 - One license - Perpetual license:[/b]€ 399 For each additional license: €59 Meaning no extra charge for VEP7, VEP8, and so on (unless you increase these prices gradually though) [b]Already own VEP 6?[/b][b]VEP 7 -[/b][b]One license - 1-Year subscription:[/b]€99 (first year only) or each additional license: € 19 [b]Already own VEP 6?[/b][b]VEP 7[/b][b]- One license - Perpetual license:[/b]€299 For each additional license: € 39 I'm sure someone will complain anyway, but just do it! I think it's more sustainable.
    It seem like we have found our PricingWierdo. Jesus, how many wierdos are here? Unless you’re 85 years old, how can you not be satisfied with getting VEP for 299+extra licenses forever with no new costs?

Well, there we are back with "forever" (which is a nice thougt) & the question: What happens when Herb T. retires? 😉

In other words: How long is forever?

• last edited
    last edited

@McArnes said:

It seem like we have found our PricingWierdo. Jesus, how many wierdos are here? Unless you’re 85 years old, how can you not be satisfied with getting VEP for 299+extra licenses forever with no new costs? Well, there we are back with "forever" (which is a nice thougt) & the question: What happens when Herb T. retires? 😉 In other words: How long is forever? What do you think?