Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,478 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,084 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@William said:

the number of players is so huge in the Hans Zimmer strings that there will be absolutely no expression audible.  A huge generic sound.  That's what people want today? 

I must confess this is exactly what I think. Such an amount of instruments looks somewhat ridiculous to me, even compared to the largest strings sections playing in real orchestras.

• I do not have necessarily a problem with the Idea that large sectionsizes might have a certain acoustic interesting aspect. Already Berlioz has mentioned that compared to a lage amount of soldiers which just put simultaneously their Rifle back in the the sand. a little noise in it self but an extraordinary impression when it is done by a whole company. Nevertheless I do not compose that often music for Rifles and Sand. But when it comes to chords and melodies, the larger a section the more languid it is in its reactions. And honestly all what I have heard from HZS-Demos seem to prove that.

• Good point fahl5 to bring up Berlioz!  I love Berlioz, but  I thought of that also, when hearing of the numbers. The problem is when recording, rather than hearing live, that size does not translate into "epic" but rather simply no character. All the expressiveness of strings becomes lost when the ensemble is too large.  That is why string players always like playing chamber music - their own individual tone can be heard.  And this is the principle of Dimension Strings that is beautifully fulfilled in that library.  Synchron is also of a size that will retain the expressive quality.  

• Remember how a couple of weeks ago we all got uptight and excited at the same time? I’m not working for a few months, so I’m cool with the delay, but my guess is that Synchron Strings I with Synchron Player won’t be ready and bug-free until just about one year after we pre-ordered. I mean, it might come out this week, but that’s been said so many times I’m just expecting a November release.

• Hi,

A status update by Paul/VSL of the Synchron Strings 1 Player release would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Muziksculp  

• Hi, 

I believe that we can release this update next week. 

THANKS for your patience.

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Paul, I know this is difficult saying next week,next week,next week....... Building a new Synchron software platform is not easy. Neither is it good for VSL reputation. Allow us some insight into your struggles. This will go a long way as many of us are emotionally invested into VSL. Thank you, Eloy

• last edited
    last edited

Hi, 

Thanks for your understanding. It is not a pleasant situation, that's true. 

There are many things that can complicate software development, but I'm afraid I cannot share the details of Synchron Player in an open forum. Too much room for misunderstandings, and I'd rather focus on getting this product ready for you 😊.

Best, 
    Paul

• Hi Paul,

I'm sure there are a lot of people here (like me) who are patiently and silently waiting for the player.

I don't mind having to wait some more because I'm pretty confident the resulting software will be stable, usable and worth the wait.

Cheers,
    Michaël

• Paul,

Brings to mind a saying ... "do you want the fast answer, or the right answer?"  

Keep up the quality, as you have always done ... THAT is what keeps so many of us coming back for more and more libraries ...

Cheers,

Craig

• last edited
    last edited

@Eloy said:

Paul,

我知道下周说这句话很难.
    构建一个新的Synchron软件平台并不容易。
    这也不利于VSL的声誉。
    让我们了解一下你们的奋斗。这将有很长的路要走,因为我们中的许多人都在情感上投入了VSL。

谢谢
    Eloy

If you're not sure, don't say next week...

Explain the year!!!

What a shame, VSL!!!

Come out at the end of 2018, ridiculous??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

I believe that we can release this update next week. 

THANKS for your patience.

Best, 
    Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the feedback.  Hopefully you will release it when it is finally ready for release, I don't take the next week promises seriously any more.  Waiting is just part of the process at this point. So.. Don't rush it if it is still not ready for release. 

I think the most important thing now, is that the new Synchron Strings 1 Player, when finally released, will be :

* Bug free, very stable, and efficient.

* Offer improved Legato functionality, compared to Legato in VI-Pro 2 (Please Demonstrate this via videos) ! NOTE : If this is not going to happen, expect a lot of dissappointed customers. 

* Offer major workflow improvements  

And Please :

* Post new Video Tutorials of the Synchron Strings 1 Player in action. 

* Post new Audio Demos of Synchron Strings 1 produced using the new Synchron Player

Thanks,

Muziksculp 

• last edited
    last edited

Hello everybody, 

Today is the day! 🎉🍸
    Synchron Player for Synchron Strings is ready for you! 

Next steps: 
    - Download and install the latest eLicenser Control Center
    - Download and install the latest Synchron Player
    - Download and install the latest Vienna Download Manager
    - Get your Library Download Files for Violins I Stereo and double-click the file to start the Download Manager - more files will be added during the next days! 

First Synchron Player Videos Tutorials are available on the Synchron Strings product page, with more to come!

And some FAQs to tackle possible hurdles right away.  

With best wishes from a happy Vienna Team!

• If I want to get rid of the old Synchron Strings data, how do I do that? Do I just delete it from my hard drive and erase the path from directory manager or is there something else I should take care of?

• I just downloaded the new 1st Violins - clocking in at 25.17 GB, but it won't install.

I get a "This package.info file is incomplete" when I try to install... humm...

• Same here, and installation is not allowed. See pic:

• Did you update the download manager? I got the same problem when I tried to download FX strings without updating. Worked like a charm once I did it. Too bad I had to download the library twice before I noticed ;)

• I most definitely updated the Download Manager before downloading and trying to install. Not working.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Gary,

eLicenser up to date as well?

If yes, please post a pic that shows the version of the Download Manager with this error message as well, or send a mail directly to support@vsl.co.at.

Best,
    Paul

• Hi,

I'm trying Synchron Player for the first time now.

I'm a Reaper user, and loaded the VST3 version of it...every time I change a parameter or a setting the fx window closes itself and I have to reopen it every time. Can you confirm this behaviour?

Thanks

-m