Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,618 users have contributed to 42,247 threads and 254,872 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 22 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• Wow this new demo - Anaheim will sell hundreds of copies for you. Just installing mine now - can't wait.

--where's my epic trumpets!!!!!!!!!

Rob

• Were both standard and extended used on those demos? 50/50? I would like to know please?!

Best strings i ever heard. Obviously! [:D]

• Man you are good at that nightmare stuff Guy but I really loved the first two movements even more.

Christian - what a great demo! I really enjoyed this one also, both of these really exciting love the mixes a lot and wow the library sounds GREAT!

All the Best both of you,
    Miklos.

• Excellent demo, both!

Christian, are u using exclusively AP strings all over the place?

Was this demo performed on a single computer?

Thks,

Iván

• Listened to both of these demos again - It never ceases to amaze me of the level of skill that Guy, Christian, Jay and so many others put into these demos.

This latest release of AP is just one more confirmation that I decided on the right orchestral library 2-3 years ago. Thanks to all at VSL for such and nice product and retaining the skills of these demo makers to show off your products accurately and honestly.

Rob

• Now, now Rob - too much talk, too little cellos...

You know I would have made you something by now [;)]

I think my AP will arrive monday or thuesday.

• last edited
    last edited

@Christian Marcussen said:

Now, now Rob - too much talk, too little cellos...

You know I would have made you something by now [;)]

I think my AP will arrive monday or thuesday.

Christian,

This is a SAD story but I haven't even played around with the copy that has been here since last night. A client push up a schedule that was already too quick. You may hear the celli's before I do [:'(]

--anyone else help Christian out

(maybe if I get this done by Monday afternnon - sorry I know that is terrible)

• hehe ok... [:)]

Svon to the rescue!

• OK - Christian. I couldn't stand it. I had to load them up and try at least one matrix (Perf Legato Combi)

Here is a VERY quick (5 min) demo of just improvising - running through a few keyswitches (leg, sfz, and prog vib) and riding a pedal controlling velxfade. Straight out of box no eq, simple IR in Wizoo w2.

If the rest of this library is like this, we are all in for a treat [[;)]]

http://www.robelliottmusic.com/mp3s/Americana/AP%20Celli%20naked%20sample.mp3

• Sweet thanks - sounds good.

Thanks again.

ps: Where is your quote from?

• last edited
    last edited

Sweet thanks - sounds good.

Thanks again.

Your welcome Christian - I wish I had time for more but now I am really in trouble [*-)] I can't wait to try the violas as well. They really did a great job on this from the little I have tried here in the studio.

I can easily see taking a few hours to really go through this one.

(not sure who wrote the quote - my wife gave this to me (desk paperweight) - I have it in my studio as a constant reminder. Fear is the great inhibitor - at least for me [[;)]] )

• last edited
    last edited

Sweet thanks - sounds good.

Thanks again.

Your welcome Christian - I wish I had time for more but now I must get back to it [*-)] I can't wait to try the violas as well. They really did a great job on this from the little I have tried here in the studio.

I can easily see taking a few hours to really go through this one.

(not sure who wrote the quote - my wife gave this to me (desk paperweight) - I have it in my studio as a constant reminder. Fear is the great inhibitor - at least for me [[;)]] )

• If this info could be valuable to some I also use only a single computer for all my demos, I have a very good reason for this, I can't afford 2 computers... But once the piece exceeds 1 min of fast pace music and heavy orchestration I need to start bouncing sections if I want to add on, but I regularly get 50 - 70 instances which I really need before having CPU problems, I don't know about others, can some say their max? Mind you the way AS is done you save a quite a bit of instances.

• Guy and Christian, terrific work!

I predict that the Appassionata package will be a top seller for VSL.

Best,
    Jay

• I repeat:
    Guy and Christian, terrific work!

[:D]

Beat

- Tips & Tricks while using Samples of VSL.. see at: https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/vitutorials/ - Tutorial "Mixing an Orchestra": https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/mixing-an-orchestra/
  • Here are some excerpts from "Dream" mov. with time indication to get a brief sample of individual instruments:

1:39 - 1:42 Quick exchange between violins (top) and violas (lower)

1:54 Cellos, main melody

2:02 Violins, main melody

2:11 Violas, main melody in 2 parts

2:19 Violins, main melody

2:39 Cellos, main melody

2:43 Violins, main melody

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy said:

If this info could be valuable to some I also use only a single computer for all my demos, I have a very good reason for this, I can't afford 2 computers... But once the piece exceeds 1 min of fast pace music and heavy orchestration I need to start bouncing sections if I want to add on, but I regularly get 50 - 70 instances which I really need before having CPU problems, I don't know about others, can some say their max? Mind you the way AS is done you save a quite a bit of instances.

How much of the extended content did you us for your demos?

Very good work!

• last edited
    last edited

@Anonymous Joe said:

How much of the extended content did you us for your demos?

Very good work!

Overall, I think 50/50 is fair to say.

• Thanks for your answer.

• last edited
    last edited

@Beat Kaufmann said:

I repeat:
    Guy and Christian, terrific work!

[:D]

Beat

You laughing indicate that you don't sell that many libraries, it that so?

I'm sorry to hear this if it's the case.