Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,303 users have contributed to 42,291 threads and 255,041 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• OK - Christian. I couldn't stand it. I had to load them up and try at least one matrix (Perf Legato Combi)

Here is a VERY quick (5 min) demo of just improvising - running through a few keyswitches (leg, sfz, and prog vib) and riding a pedal controlling velxfade. Straight out of box no eq, simple IR in Wizoo w2.

If the rest of this library is like this, we are all in for a treat [[;)]]

http://www.robelliottmusic.com/mp3s/Americana/AP%20Celli%20naked%20sample.mp3

• Sweet thanks - sounds good.

Thanks again.

ps: Where is your quote from?

• last edited
    last edited

@Christian Marcussen said:

Sweet thanks - sounds good.

Thanks again.

Your welcome Christian - I wish I had time for more but now I am really in trouble [*-)] I can't wait to try the violas as well. They really did a great job on this from the little I have tried here in the studio.

I can easily see taking a few hours to really go through this one.

(not sure who wrote the quote - my wife gave this to me (desk paperweight) - I have it in my studio as a constant reminder. Fear is the great inhibitor - at least for me [[;)]] )

• last edited
    last edited

@Christian Marcussen said:

Sweet thanks - sounds good.

Thanks again.

Your welcome Christian - I wish I had time for more but now I must get back to it [*-)] I can't wait to try the violas as well. They really did a great job on this from the little I have tried here in the studio.

I can easily see taking a few hours to really go through this one.

(not sure who wrote the quote - my wife gave this to me (desk paperweight) - I have it in my studio as a constant reminder. Fear is the great inhibitor - at least for me [[;)]] )

• If this info could be valuable to some I also use only a single computer for all my demos, I have a very good reason for this, I can't afford 2 computers... But once the piece exceeds 1 min of fast pace music and heavy orchestration I need to start bouncing sections if I want to add on, but I regularly get 50 - 70 instances which I really need before having CPU problems, I don't know about others, can some say their max? Mind you the way AS is done you save a quite a bit of instances.

• Guy and Christian, terrific work!

I predict that the Appassionata package will be a top seller for VSL.

Best,
    Jay

• I repeat:
    Guy and Christian, terrific work!

[:D]

Beat

- Tips & Tricks while using Samples of VSL.. see at: https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/vitutorials/ - Tutorial "Mixing an Orchestra": https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/mixing-an-orchestra/
  • Here are some excerpts from "Dream" mov. with time indication to get a brief sample of individual instruments:

1:39 - 1:42 Quick exchange between violins (top) and violas (lower)

1:54 Cellos, main melody

2:02 Violins, main melody

2:11 Violas, main melody in 2 parts

2:19 Violins, main melody

2:39 Cellos, main melody

2:43 Violins, main melody

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy said:

If this info could be valuable to some I also use only a single computer for all my demos, I have a very good reason for this, I can't afford 2 computers... But once the piece exceeds 1 min of fast pace music and heavy orchestration I need to start bouncing sections if I want to add on, but I regularly get 50 - 70 instances which I really need before having CPU problems, I don't know about others, can some say their max? Mind you the way AS is done you save a quite a bit of instances.

How much of the extended content did you us for your demos?

Very good work!

• last edited
    last edited

@Anonymous Joe said:

How much of the extended content did you us for your demos?

Very good work!

Overall, I think 50/50 is fair to say.

• Thanks for your answer.

• last edited
    last edited

@Beat Kaufmann said:

I repeat:
    Guy and Christian, terrific work!

[:D]

Beat

You laughing indicate that you don't sell that many libraries, it that so?

I'm sorry to hear this if it's the case.

• What do you think. [*-)]:

Beat laughs because he's a friendly guy... [I]

Miklos.

• last edited
    last edited

@mpower88 said:

What do you think. [*-)]:

Beat laughs because he's a friendly guy... [I]

Miklos.

I'm not sure what you mean here?.....

• I'm sure you can work it out! [:)]

• last edited
    last edited

@mpower88 said:

I'm sure you can work it out! [[:)]]

[[;)]] I'm pretty sure i got it... One would think that with such quality products like VSL they would sell lots of it but it would seem it is not the case. However, I'm hopeful that will change. I could be wrong but there seem to be more and more people getting into computer assisted music and that should help... Lets hope so anyway. [[:)]]

But i still think Beat is right, VSL's gonna sell loads of this. [:D]

The appassionata strings are incredible. [H]

Thanks to the VSL team!

• Why would you think they don't sell lots of products - What would give you that impression or why you would think that?

• last edited
    last edited

@mpower88 said:

Why would you think they don't sell lots of products - What would give you that impression or why you would think that?

I've read something on an other forum that said they(sample developers in general) don't sell as much as we think they did. In fact they absolutely have to think globally or else there's no show. Is it true or not? I don't know. But i tend to believe it, even if i was surprise to hear it in the first place.

But honestly, i think i completely misunderstood what Beat was trying to say. My bad! [:O]ops:

• I think he and Jay are just posting their enthusiasm for the library and not anything else.

• last edited
    last edited

@Anonymous Joe said:

I've read something on an other forum that said they(sample developers in general) don't sell as much as we think they did. In fact they absolutely have to think globally or else there's no show. Is it true or not? I don't know. But i tend to believe it, even if i was surprise to hear it in the first place.

As you said: "in general..." Does not mean ALL, I have no worries for VSL... [H]