Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,869 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,943 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited
    Where is this found at the time of purchasing from a dealer and having it shipped to you? Is it in the promotional materials? Or do you find out AFTER you already bought it? And once again, what sense does this make if I have Miroslav strings and others on the same CD?

@Banquo said:

From the License:

Do I have to credit this disc if I use it on a recording?

With your purchase, you agree to use the following wording in any credits or liner notes accompanying the music recording, be it a music CD, cassette, or soundtrack compilation: "Orchestral samples included in this recording from the Vienna Symphonic Library". Screen credit for film and television use is not required.

----------------------

That's cool, just wanted to make sure I knew!
    Thanks Christian!

My other question: How does one go about using an individual VI on multiple computers at home? Can one buy a side license like with the Horizon series? I understand if it's not possible to.

• If you want to use a VI Collection on more than one computer at a time you have to buy a second copy at full price. However, in special circumstances it may be possible to get a time limited "other" copy from VSL. I would suggest that if this is what you need you get in touch with the powers that be at VSL directly and see what they will offer you.

DG

• Deswind, the Terms of License can be found on our website and you agree to them by installing and clicking "accept".

As for crediting VSL, you could also read it as this recommendation: If it's easy for you (e.g., in the liner notes of a CD), we're happy getting credited. If it's not easy or not possible (e.g., movie, game, audio on websites, tracks for music libraries), there's no credit nesessary.

Cheers, Martin

• last edited
    last edited
    In a perfect world they would be agreed to upon purchase. That makes it much easier for the consumer to know what they are getting.

BUT I am done whining (yeah!)

So back to the original thread - what would you recommend as the next best purchase to go with solo strings?

@Martin said:

Deswind, the Terms of License can be found on our website and you agree to them by installing and clicking "accept".

Cheers, Martin