Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,596 users have contributed to 42,396 threads and 255,537 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• Demo demo [H]. What's the status on the Appasionata strings?

• Bump. [:D]

(I use a combination of Roland, Atmosphere and VSL to get something close now - would love to have this new tool as I bet the farm it will be one of the best products to date.)

Tell us to shut up - just tell us something. [[;)]]

Rob

• You may release it now - I'm ready. [H] [:D]

• Well VSL......

I think that when you do get around to releasing them - they will sound JUST TERRIBLE - just like the rest of this awful library....even if you release them I won't buy them.....EVER!!!!!

......SO THERE

You may as well release them now cos I am not interested.....

Honest...........

Nope ........not me......no sir-eeee - not 1 tiny bit!!!!!!

(it's OK chaps - I have not gone mad - I am hanging on the edge of my seat just the same of everyone else - I am just trying a bit of reverse psychology) [[;)]]

• The Appassionata violins are finished. Our IT team is preparing now the downloadsection. You have to download around 1.3 GB of datas.

The download should be available in the next 24 hours.

At the moment we do not have a documentation of the patches and matrixes, but the instrument structure is very easy to understand and the filenames should be self explanatory.
    We'll offer a PDF when David Ender has finished his work on the Symphonic Cube documentation.

One mapping info might be useful:
    for all performance legato patches you can switch between normal and portamento using the A/B switch option.
    The same for the staccatos, using A/B to switch between tight and sloppy variations.

best
    Herb

• WWWWWWHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY WORKS.......

OFF TO TRY IT ON MY GIRLFRIEND.....!!!!!!!!

Thank you Herb........looking forward to trying them out!!!!!

PaulM

• paul, reverse psy doesn't work on girlfriends, neither does forward

• Christ thats cool... crossing fingers that it will be up today [:)]

• AHHHHHHH [:(]

....for a moment I thought I had found the holy grail.....

....I guess Woman are and always shall remain an un-fathomable mystery to me.......

Still....Got the new Appasionata strings to occupy me!

• at least some women have passion to, if you find the right key [[:)]]

btw: i'd like to speak out for not releasing the strings today. my soundcard crapped, so i'm not ready as all you others [[:)]] and i won't be able to download them anyway. who do i have to pay?

• HERB....THATS IT HALT THE UPLOAD.....SANGIT ISN'T READY......

Sangit - let us know when you get it fixed and we can all experience this together..!

errrrrrrrr.........guys............guys......hello????

why have I been blacklisted !?!?!?!?!!

[;)]

• i'm workin on it paul. i think i'll be ready soon. may should be it

• Can I have my Euphonium now please?

• Sure... when I have had my Appasionata Celli, Ethnic instuments (including bagpipe). [:)]

• bagpipes yeah! uillean pipes!

• last edited
    last edited

@magates said:

Appassionata Violins, Epic horns, next: Declamatory Trumpets with attitude - focusing on loud dynamics and harsh performance interval articulations in various shades of loud and piercing. same with peformance reps.

we have mp, mf and poco forte covered for trumpets especialy in espresivo - but we need harsh articulations.

.......And these!!!!!???

YUMMY YUMMY!!!!!!

[:)]

• Thanks so much, Herb, CAN'T WAIT…………………………………………!

• Must... download.... soon

• Man, these new strings are sooooo fantastic [:D] . Sound so good!!!!

(a mid-day daydream of a sick and sample demented mind.... [6] )

• If I click one more time on the BONUS FILES thread on the VI page for these new Strings.....I will have to buy a new mouse.....

Just loaded in the VI Orchestral strings 1 & 2 - just AWSOME......they are amazing - now going to have invest in the rest of the library I guess.......WOW....you guys really got these things nailed!!!

Great Work.....