Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,470 users have contributed to 42,230 threads and 254,808 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@JJRoach said:

Sorry for the novice-sounding question, but IR/MIR...this stands for what??? (I could guess, trying to make myself sound like I DO have a brain, but I won't risk being wrong and sounding like an even bigger moron).

Josh

"Multi Impulse Response" (... comparable to a multi-sample of an instrument, this can be considered the next level of sampling the acoustics of real rooms).

-> http://vsl.co.at/en-us/65/71/170.vsl

HTH,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • [:D] DG was faster!

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

[:D] DG was faster!

I'm just avoiding work, as usual......

DG

• last edited
    last edited
    Can we also have some Glenn Gould-like grunting and humming along with the tune... [[:|]]

May have to be a legato patch...

-------------------------------

www.aubergine.co.uk

• The only problem I foresee with 'audience or orchestra present' ambiences is that unless you have quite a range to choose from they become very recognisable. Any rustle or sound that's even slightly discernable becomes a musical cue and you know exactly where the next one will be. They might fool the average punter for a time but for musician's and composers they will soon become more of a giveaway than the instrument samples themselves.

• thanks guys...I pretty much figured multi impulse response, but just wanted to make sure...
    maybe can all contribute to this library by recording ourselves doing some heavy breathing and shuffling our feet... ; ) ...

but the point of having room sound is definitely a good one...they use room noise for films when they recreate an environment and do ADR and all that stuff, and I think the result works quite well.

Josh

• you can try Downloading any John Cage's "4'33" performance and add to your mix ;)

if you find a big orchestra "performing" this piece it should work even better!