Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,566 users have contributed to 42,308 threads and 255,101 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

Finally - one more for you - When the entire library (all 10 VI's) finally emerges will you still use GS3 on any machine (I presume you are now) to host your Pro LIbrary or do you think you will go completely VI for everything - just wondering....I am totally blown away by the VI's - so intuitive - amazing.

I will be getting rid of GS3, but using GVI on one machine for all the stuff that VSL doesn't make. I will also still be using Kontakt and hopefully it will behave better in future than it does currently..!

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

Finally - one more for you - When the entire library (all 10 VI's) finally emerges will you still use GS3 on any machine (I presume you are now) to host your Pro LIbrary or do you think you will go completely VI for everything - just wondering....I am totally blown away by the VI's - so intuitive - amazing.

I will be getting rid of GS3, but using GVI on one machine for all the stuff that VSL doesn't make. I will also still be using Kontakt and hopefully it will behave better in future than it does currently..!

DG

Great...

MOL = Midi Over LAN - right?

...and thanks for all the info...most helpful...

Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Mattias Henningson said:

What DG said. Unfortunately I don't have Samp myself so I can't test it. I have tested a couple of other hosts and haven't seen any problems though. I really doubt it would affect the dongle connection as you're just changing a single bit in the file header...

If you haven't used editbin before you might want to get my small Windows-based utility I wrote just some weeks ago which does the same thing with some additional features for LAA status checking. I'm currently updating my web site with information about it, but I haven't finished yet so it's not online... If you want it let me know and I'll send it to you.

/Mattias

Hi Mattias. I'm heading down this dark path today (wish me luck). I was wondering if your new app was ready? [:)]

• http://www.musikbanken.se/laatidosetup.exe

I'm out gigging for two days now. Back on Friday if you have any questions.

/Mattias

• Mattias, Where is your Laa ti do app? It's not on the Virtualinstrumentsmag site and your link above is dead. Help!!!

Thanks,
    Jay

• Sorry Jay, I've had a problem with my site...that's why it's not updated. It's on the Virtual Instruments Mag site now, but here's a direct link: http://www.musikbanken.se/laatidosetup.exe">http://www.musikbanken.se/laatidosetup.exe

/Mattias

• Thanks, Mattias! Your utility worked flawlessly on Sonar 5. Have you tried it on Fx teleport? Or do I have to wait gor the programmer(s) to release a new version of Fx teleport?

Thanks,
    Jay

• There is a new version. If it's not on the site then email Max and he'll send it to you. FWIW I used the "hack" for a while and had no problems (this was before LTD).

DG

• Thanks, DG.
    Is "LTD" LaaTiDo ?[:O]ops:

--Jay

• Yaaaaaaaaaaah.........

DG

• I have 2 systems with 3GB memory. One (xp pro) is getting just over 2.7 GB of samples loading, the other (xp media) just over 2.6 GB. What can be causing the 100MB difference?

Best,
    Jay

• I certainly don't know. XP media probably have some apps running that pro doesn't have...but that was certainly a non-answer... [:)]

• i'd assume if you have the media center edition running, you would also have a video card on this machine - there are probably additional drivers loaded which are leaving less space for something else.
    check the number of MB used memory on both machines after a reboot without starting any application - here you might find the difference.
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Jezz - I must be dumb or blind - I can't get the damn 3gb switch to
    work. My computer reports 4gb of physical memory, but still only 2gb
    is available to applications.
    Could anybody please please take a look at my boot.ini file and check it?

Here it is with a dual boot which defaults to 3gb:

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional 3GB" /fastdetect /noexecute=optin /3GB /userva=2800
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /noexecute=optin

Does'nt it look allright?

Still here's the system info report:
    OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name AMD64
    System Manufacturer System manufacturer
    System Model System Product Name
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 43 Stepping 1 AuthenticAMD ~2210 Mhz
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 43 Stepping 1 AuthenticAMD ~2210 Mhz
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0403, 05-10-2005
    SMBIOS Version 2.3
    Windows Directory C:\\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\\WINDOWS\\system32
    Boot Device \\Device\\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-215[H]"
    User Name AMD64\\Bjk
    Time Zone Romance Daylight Time
    Total Physical Memory 4.096,00 MB
    Available Physical Memory 1,62 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 2,73 GB ?
    Available Virtual Memory 2,70 GB ?
    Page File Space 1,87 GB
    Page File C:\\pagefile.sys
    ( Why it reports 2.7gb avail virtual mem and pagefile space of 1, 87 - I dont know. My pagefile on C. is only 16mb and no paging file on other disk)

The task manager reports < 2gb avail. memory - so does
    the computer general properties.

The only way I can make more ram visible, is by increasing the virtual memory - then I can load up to 2.7gb of samples, but this results in swapping to disk - so no point in that.

Any input would be most welcome
    thx Bjarne

• Sapkiller,

I have the same problem but only on my main DAW (my 4 slaves' 3GB switch is working flawlessly.)

Rob

• Hi Rob
    Is your main DAW by any chance a dual cpu/core?

• Bjarne,

Why yes it is!!!!!! (the only one I have). Any ideas?

Rob

• Just a thought - since mine is a dual core too.
    - maybe its an issue with dual systems?

• Mattias - what do you think? Dual cores preventing the 3GB switch from working? Thanks for considering this.

Rob

• I have intel D (which I think is dual core) that appears to load 1.6 GB of samples on a 3GB system.

--Jay