Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,489 users have contributed to 42,233 threads and 254,816 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Hi Jay,

I don't think it is the install as well. When this happens all I have to do is close the VS and run the 'rescan' and it fixes it. For my orch template I will not be doing a lot of changing so it will not come up that often ( I am changing matrixes now just to listen to them). Plus I'll have seperate VIs opened for different patches.

Kind of a hassle to have to deal with this but there is a work around (restart and rescan).

Rob

• Christian - Herb,

OK - had the same behavior on another of my PC slaves. [:'(]

Here's what fixed this on THAT machine (a present GS PC). [:)] Went to the memory config tool in GS and it was on 'use the system original configuration'.

I changed that to 'Preset #1 Windows XP default'. Loaded the VI to 1.5 - no problems (couldn't get past 1 MB before).

Here's the challenge - how do i get the ability to make the same 'tweak' as the GS's ''Preset #1 Windows XP default' on the PC that never had GS????

I bet this would fix the problem. Any ideas.

(does anyone know what is going on with GS preset #1. I wish I could just run that config tool on the 'non-GS PC')

Rob

• Mattias Henningson created a memory utility for exactly this purpose. Check his website.

--Jay

• ...which is http://www.musikbanken.se/gigastudio/index.htm">http://www.musikbanken.se/gigastudio/index.htm The utility is available on the Memory Optimizer page.

/Mattias

• Very much appreciated Mattias. I'll give this a try.

As I say above the Gigasampler - config tool preset #1 fixed the other machine and now allows that machine to fully load VSL's VI. I have done this on yet another slave I have and same behavior. If the config tool in GS is set to any other than 'preset #1' - cannot successfully FULLY load the VI. Very strange.

Rob

• Maybe not that strange after all. We're trying to decrease the size of the pools in order to free memory for GS's private use. This operation may very well cause limitations for applications that needs to allocate large amounts of paged or non-paged memory.

/Mattias

• Thanks so much Mattias - you have been so helpful. Today I will try to run your 'get settings' (on your utility) on the machine that is now working right with VI. I'll duplicate that setting on the PC that is still not loading up VI properly.

Rob

• Mattias - very nice tool to determine settings. Here's what I found on the PC that was not loading VI properly

8/800000
    8/800000

On the machine that was working properly it was set to

0/0
    0/0

I then set the 'bad' PC to

0/0
    0/0

WORKS PERFECT - loading to capacity!!!! [:D]

(Again - thanks Mattias for the assist)

Rob

• Rob, glad to hear that you're up and running now! If anyone else reads this and wants to know... What Rob ended up with is exactly how XP is configured from the beginning.

/Mattias

• I'm sure that I said this weeeeeeeeeeks ago [:(]

DG

• True. And you were right! [:D]

/Mattias

• last edited
    last edited

@Mattias Henningson said:

True. And you were right! [:D]

/Mattias

I've waited ninety years to hear someone say that [H]

DG