Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,292 users have contributed to 42,289 threads and 255,038 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• Hello PauloRego,

This is the procedure for a broken key that is NOT covered by the 2 year hardware guarantee:

In case a ViennaKey is damaged, users have to send it to our office in Vienna (American users: to the office of our distributor ILIO based in California) to enable us to take a look at the kind of the damage.

If the damage on the ViennaKey shows signs of external force, he will of course have to pay for the new ViennaKey, PLUS a handling fee for the new licenses (EUR 20 per contained license, minimum fee EUR 30).  

Just an idea: You can always keep old keys as a backup, or pass them on to friends or schools (to check out Steinberg/VSL Software with demo licenses). 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hey Paul,

Ahh ok thanks for clearing that up!

Paulo

• I live in England.  If I buy the Vienna Key direct from VSL, it costs 41 Euros including VAT and shipping. If I buy one from Time and Space in the UK it costs 20 GBP.  Will the key bought from Time and Space have the same TWO YEAR guarantee and terms as one purchased direct from VSL? (An official answer from VSL please).

Currently, I have seven dongles registered with over 50 licences and those dongles are at least 7 or 8 years old.  I am worried at the HUGE expense I might incurr should one or more of them fail.  I will have to transfer all those licences from the seven keys to one new one as I am unwilling to pay 7 times 41 Euros (i.e. 287 Euros!) every two years...

• Hello nicholash, 

Yes, the ViennaKey will have a 2 years guarantee wherever you purchase it. Please keep the proof of purchase (your receipt). 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@nicholash said:

I live in England.  If I buy the Vienna Key... If I buy one from Time and Space in the UK it costs 20 GBP.

Get a Steinberg Key from GAK. £18.25, including shipping.

DG