Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,847 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,934 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 5 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• PC Performance of modern Computers (VSL, RME)

Hi Folks..

I am working with Vienna Synphonics Librarys. Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 and maybe 7 in Future), Vienna Synchron Player (SY Strings (all of them) and SY Brass a.s.o).

I am used a Windows7 j7 with RME UFx and some Multifaces as Expansions over Adat.

-In Cubase i was able to Play my VSL Samples (edited SY Elite Strings Tutti Patch "Perf Legato agil all" "Vib XF" (and some VSTs) with only one the of the recordet Mics, at 96 Samples/Buffer S/B.

-In Standalone Mode i could reach 64 S/B. without any Drpouts and crackles.

Now i get a new System with a j9 14000 64GB Ram and MM(..) Drives with seperate Locations of Project Files and Sample-Librarys. Windows 11. Assambled and tested by Audionetworx (DE). They say they would specialices for VSLs.

Note: I play very fast Lines, sometimes for testing with some Octaves in the Bass Region. I know thats it maybe the hardest Task one can do for a PC. But the differnece between playing the Staccatos at 96S/B or at 32S/B is imense. At least for my Play-Feeling

On this new PC:

-In Cubase i was able to Play my VSL Samples (edited SY Elite Strings Tutti Patch "Perf Legato agil all" "Vib XF" (and some VSTs) with only one the of the recordet Mics, at 96 Samples/Buffer S/B. But with some little Dropout/Crackles

-In Standalone Mode i could reach 32 S/B. without any Drpouts and crackles.

I expected a bigger Performance Increase on the new PC.

Maybe i could play this Patch above with at least 64S/B, or even 32S/B..??

Is this this with a modern PC still not possibel??

Can someone talk about this kind of Experiences?

Thanks a lot

Best

Ron

• Where are your VSL libs ?

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Hi Cyril

Thanks for reply.

My VSL Librarys are on a different Drive then the System and even not on the same Place like my Project-Files.

Was that your question?

Best

Ron

• I had similar problems when I switced to a new, more powerful pc some years ago. Somehow, I came across these tips, and doing what was recommended here made a huge didderence. (I use win 10, btw)

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/pc-optimization-guide-for-windows-10/#Basic-system-maintenance

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/windows-11-pc-optimization-for-recording/

• Hi @ronaudio_13968

Are they on a HD ?

On a SSD ? what kind of SSD

Best

@ronaudio_13968 said:

Hi Cyril

Thanks for reply.

My VSL Librarys are on a different Drive then the System and even not on the same Place like my Project-Files.

Was that your question?

Best

Ron

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Hi Cyril, Hi gstora

Thx

This new PC is equipped all with M.2 SSD Modules. 1x1T, 2x4T.

It is configured from Audionetworx who are some of the Leaders in MusicPC Configuratione, and they say espacially for Realtime Tasks.

Best

Ron

• Again:

I expected a bigger Performance Increase on the new PC.

Maybe i could play this Patch above with at least 64S/B, or even 32S/B..??

Is this this with a modern PC still not possibel??

thx

Best

• last edited
    last edited

Check the Stretch function is not activated in the Synchron player for that particular patch.

I have an i7 13700KF streaming off Samsung SSDs and I can play fast runs with all mics activated with no issues. In Cubase I have my buffer set to 1024 and my VEP instances have 1 buffer. Also in Cubase's Plugin Manager I have the ASIO guard disabled for VEP 7.

1024 may be a bit slow for your liking but I just activate Cubase's Constrain Delay Compensation when I want to play something in. I am running many resource hungry plugins like Soothe2, Ozone 11 and a lot of Fab Filter's plugs.

• @JBuck said:
    I have the ASIO guard disabled for VEP 7.

ok, i didnt know that i can select specific Plugins for Asio Guard. I will take a look on that.

I will let you know.

thx a lot

Ron