Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

181,927 users have contributed to 42,193 threads and 254,633 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

  • Hi Cyril!

    At Synchron Stage we use Adam Audio monitors. Many of my colleagues, including myself, use Adam's at home as well.

    I use the A4V, and since I don't have an aucustically well treated room in my current appartment I got Sound ID Reference as well, so I could easily measure the speakers in my room and upload a correction EQ directly to the monitors so they are always applied thanks to the integrated DSPs.

    This works great and was super easy to set up, so I'm happy with my purchase.
    Sound is also awesome, but they would sound even better in a well-treated room instead of my office 😊

    At Synchron Stage Adams are being used in setups from stereo to 7.2.4 Atmos.
    Recording sessions are being monitored through these, and you get the impression that you are standing in the room in front of the musicians. Also, we have an ATMOS certified studio (Control B) where music is being mixed and mastered.

    Best, Ben


    Ben@VSL | IT & Product Specialist
  • Hi Cyril, happy to reply to one of your posts with my experience as I've enjoyed your posts historically. I had a pair of powered HHB circle 5s ( no longer available )which were great, transparent, 1st class stereo imaging or I thought... until I invested in a pair of Genelecs with subwoofer. You can run them digitally ( though not all, so beware ) At first I had the wrong lead so ran them analogue. However now I'm up and running digitally it is noticeably cleaner / clearer. The GLM ( room calibration ) is extra but shifts things up another couple of levels. Really easy to do and set up multiple listening positions which I've done. eg . Sofa at the back.

    Very happy with the Genelecs. A major improvement to my musical environment. Worth an audition. John


  • Hi John,

    What is the reference of your Genelec speakers ?

    Best

    Cyril

    @johngildersleeve_16932 said:

    Hi Cyril, happy to reply to one of your posts with my experience as I've enjoyed your posts historically. I had a pair of powered HHB circle 5s ( no longer available )which were great, transparent, 1st class stereo imaging or I thought... until I invested in a pair of Genelecs with subwoofer. You can run them digitally ( though not all, so beware ) At first I had the wrong lead so ran them analogue. However now I'm up and running digitally it is noticeably cleaner / clearer. The GLM ( room calibration ) is extra but shifts things up another couple of levels. Really easy to do and set up multiple listening positions which I've done. eg . Sofa at the back.


    Very happy with the Genelecs. A major improvement to my musical environment. Worth an audition. John


    MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

    Hi @Ben,

    To start, I need to replace 3 speakers of my 7.1 setup > Left, Center and Right

    Do you use the A4V at Synchron stage too and in 7.1 do you also use the A4V for the central speaker too ?

    Best

    Cyril

    @Ben said:

    Hi Cyril!


    At Synchron Stage we use Adam Audio monitors. Many of my colleagues, including myself, use Adam's at home as well.


    I use the A4V, and since I don't have an aucustically well treated room in my current appartment I got Sound ID Reference as well, so I could easily measure the speakers in my room and upload a correction EQ directly to the monitors so they are always applied thanks to the integrated DSPs.


    This works great and was super easy to set up, so I'm happy with my purchase.
    Sound is also awesome, but they would sound even better in a well-treated room instead of my office 😊


    At Synchron Stage Adams are being used in setups from stereo to 7.2.4 Atmos.
    Recording sessions are being monitored through these, and you get the impression that you are standing in the room in front of the musicians. Also, we have an ATMOS certified studio (Control B) where music is being mixed and mastered.


    Best, Ben


    MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • @Cyril-Blanc said:

    Hi John,


    What is the reference of your Genelec speakers ?


    Best


    Cyril



    @johngildersleeve_16932 said:

    Hi Cyril, happy to reply to one of your posts with my experience as I've enjoyed your posts historically. I had a pair of powered HHB circle 5s ( no longer available )which were great, transparent, 1st class stereo imaging or I thought... until I invested in a pair of Genelecs with subwoofer. You can run them digitally ( though not all, so beware ) At first I had the wrong lead so ran them analogue. However now I'm up and running digitally it is noticeably cleaner / clearer. The GLM ( room calibration ) is extra but shifts things up another couple of levels. Really easy to do and set up multiple listening positions which I've done. eg . Sofa at the back.




    Very happy with the Genelecs. A major improvement to my musical environment. Worth an audition. John

    I have a pair of 8330A + 7350A Subwoofer and the GLM Interface & Software. I did demo the 8341s with 7360 Sub - which gave a much broader sound, but the 8330s fitted budget. John


  • @Cyril-Blanc said:
    Do you use the A4V at Synchron stage too and in 7.1 do you also use the A4V for the central speaker too ?

    Tha A4V are great as monitors, but I think for such big studios like Control A and B the other Adam offereings make more sense. I'm not a pro regarding what exact speaker to use, but the A4V work great for me in a close monitoring setup.

    You can find lists of used speakers for Control A and B here:

    https://www.synchronstage.com/en/facility#!control_a

    https://www.synchronstage.com/en/facility#!control_b


    Ben@VSL | IT & Product Specialist
  • Hello @Ben

    I am going to trust your choice : 2 x A7V + 1 x A44

    I bet that VSL did not use bad monitor !!!. *

    Adam configurator propose for my Studio. the A7V

    How do you define them Logic Pro ?

    Thanks for your answer @johngildersleeve_16932

    Best

    Cyril

    • I have 2 x Altec Lansing Model 19 for the big sound

    MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • @Cyril-Blanc said:

    Hello @Ben


    I am going to trust your choice : 2 x A7V + 1 x A44


    I bet that VSL did not use bad monitor !!!. *


    Adam configurator propose for my Studio. the A7V


    How do you define them Logic Pro ?



    Thanks for your answer @johngildersleeve_16932



    Best



    Cyril




    • I have 2 x Altec Lansing Model 19 for the big sound

    Hope they work out for you - enjoy ! John


  • @Ben said:

    Hi Cyril!


    At Synchron Stage we use Adam Audio monitors. Many of my colleagues, including myself, use Adam's at home as well.


    I use the A4V, and since I don't have an aucustically well treated room in my current appartment I got Sound ID Reference as well, so I could easily measure the speakers in my room and upload a correction EQ directly to the monitors so they are always applied thanks to the integrated DSPs.


    This works great and was super easy to set up, so I'm happy with my purchase.
    Sound is also awesome, but they would sound even better in a well-treated room instead of my office 😊


    At Synchron Stage Adams are being used in setups from stereo to 7.2.4 Atmos.
    Recording sessions are being monitored through these, and you get the impression that you are standing in the room in front of the musicians. Also, we have an ATMOS certified studio (Control B) where music is being mixed and mastered.


    Best, Ben

    Sorry to hijack this post a bit, but reading this got me wondering - I remember also seeing Neumann monitors used in the control room A - How are those used in a production? B monitors?


  • @D-A-Edwards said:
    Sorry to hijack this post a bit, but reading this got me wondering - I remember also seeing Neumann monitors used in the control room A - How are those used in a production? B monitors?

    If I'm not mistaken all speakers in Control A and B are currently from Adam Audio. We have two independent sets of speakers that can be switched between for stereo, surround, Auro3D and ATMOS monitoring.


    Ben@VSL | IT & Product Specialist
  • last edited
    last edited
    @Ben said:
    @D-A-Edwards said:
    Sorry to hijack this post a bit, but reading this got me wondering - I remember also seeing Neumann monitors used in the control room A - How are those used in a production? B monitors?

    If I'm not mistaken all speakers in Control A and B are currently from Adam Audio. We have two independent sets of speakers that can be switched between for stereo, surround, Auro3D and ATMOS monitoring.

    Oh ok, then I guess the pictures on the website must be out of date. That's why I got curious, thanks for the answer!

    https://media.synchronstage.com/images/SSV_ControlA_3_470x470.jpg


  • Hi @Ben

    I am receiving my 3x ADAM HP in an hours or two😀

    When I bought my Denon 9.1 Amplifier it was delivered with a Microphone for the calibration, Do you know if I can I use it to calibrate my installation ?

    Thanks

    Best

    Cyril


    MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • @Cyril-Blanc said:
    When I bought my Denon 9.1 Amplifier it was delivered with a Microphone for the calibration, Do you know if I can I use it to calibrate my installation ?

    After you recieve the speakers register them on the Adam website. You then have access to a user-area with the A Control software and other goodies. I'm not sure if it's still available, but when I got mine there was also a code for a demo license of SoundID Reference available that allows to export measurements for Adam speakers.

    SoundID Reference will auto-import mic calibration curves if you got a mic from them, but any other calibration mic will work, you can also manually enter the calibration curve.

    If you don't want to use SoundID Reference you can manually calibrate the speakers by using the EQ functionality in A Control.


    Ben@VSL | IT & Product Specialist
  • Hi @Ben

    I would like to thank you for your recommandation of buying the Adam Monitors 😀

    It has be a bit hectic with problems with Sonoma 14.4.1, buy-in more cables ....(you never have the right cable ......)

    I did my first mix, I am very please, the sound is incredible compared to my old speakers. 😀

    When I see the price of the others Adam's series over 2000 € I am wondering if the price is justified, have you been able to compare ?

    Now I have and answer of : "what do you want for your birthday, for Xmas" ; getting little by little the 3 x more Adam's monitors to be in 5.1, after is 2 more to be in 7.1 😀 for 7.1.4 Atmos I have to win the Loto

    Thanks again

    Cyril


    MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic