Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,578 users have contributed to 42,241 threads and 254,852 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• OK, so I gather I shouldn't get my hopes up that VI Pro will be ported to Silicon (though I know you will try). But it sounds like VEPro, and the MAS plug-in, eventually will, so I should always be able to run my VI libraries on an Intel Mac running VEPro (or on a Windows machine). Do I have that right?

• Hi dmansfield, 

You can even/also run your VI Pro on your Silicon computer, simply by running the Rosetta version of VE Pro. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thank you for the synchron player AS update. Works great !

Looking forward for the other synchron players. 

• Paul, this is fantastic news!  Congrats on both getting close and also optimizing code for all of the VSL products and engines.

Quick question - will the apple silicon version support a multiport VE Pro connection to Logic X? If so will both AU and AU3 be supported in Logic X?  I still find the tempo mapping of AU (vs AU3) more useful in Logic X in prior tests on intel Macs.

THANK YOU!

Jeff Beal

• Hi Paul,

I didn't hear anything about Apple Silicone for the classic non 3D version of Mir Pro. Sounds like you will only be updating Mir Pro 3D, right?

Thanks

Vinny 2022 Mac Studio Max 64GB Mac OS Ventura VEP7 Mir 3D Synchronized SE1 Synchron Harp V Smart Orch.+ Ext. Arturia Keylab Essential 88/Analog Lab
  • Hi, 

Thanks for the interest!

@Jeff: There will be no change to the current version of AU3, so it will work like before. However, we're on to something there...

@Vinny: That's correct, the classic MIR Pro (2D) will not be ported to Apple Silicon. 

Best, 
    Paul

• Just another big +1 on hoping that you will find a way and the resources to also port Vienna Instrument Pro and Imperial. They are essential in my work and I use them directly in my daw for easier use with effects etc. Also I write a lot while traveling so another machine won’t be possible once Rosetta is phased out. Glad you are making progress on VEP, MIR 3D and your other products! Best

• Thanks Paul - OK, I just checked the latest VEP7 in Rosetta and AU3 plug is finally working in multiport mode in Apple Silicon, thank you! 

• As saxmand said "Just another big +1 on hoping that you will find a way and the resources to port" I would be so happy if you find a way for Imperial.

Dear Paul, maybe as an idea - If it is too hard to port, since it is basically samples like all your other pianos (and only 3 microphones) you basically need a sample player? Can you just put them into a future product as an "alternative piano"? I would be more than happy to pay for a new license if you get Imperial Apple silicon native.

Crossing all my fingers - thanks so much

Best, Tom

• Hi everybody, 

Our Synchron Pianos player is now available as Silicon Native version. 

Check your Vienna Assistant to download it. We're looking forward to your feedback!

Best, 
    Paul

• Very disappointing to hear that ports of VI Pro and Imperial are not planned. VI Pro is the best :(

• Any news on Apple Silicon? Still checking this forum every morning.

• Hi everybody,

A new update of MIR Pro 3D was just released, with great performance improvements for everyone and of course it's now also Apple Silicon ready!

Best,
    Paul

• Now can we get a stable VEP version please?? The last versions have been a mess. Forget about native, just a version that doesn't crash while loading.  The bare minimum.

• Charming!

We're on it!

Best, 
    Paul

• Thank you for the updates Paul.

VEP is currently the only vital piece of my workflow not currently AAX Native, can't wait to see the performance boost in PT as I've been seeing it on all other VIs in the Avid Beta side.

Keep us posted please.

Take care

Marcello

• Great work! Thanks Paul. The VSL team is really on a roll. VE7Pro next.

All the best

Vinny 2022 Mac Studio Max 64GB Mac OS Ventura VEP7 Mir 3D Synchronized SE1 Synchron Harp V Smart Orch.+ Ext. Arturia Keylab Essential 88/Analog Lab
  • Been checking this thread every morning. VE Pro AS version can't come soon enough!

• I am also checking this forum every morning. Really need AS version of VEP 7 Pro

• Paul - is there any way you can give us a rough idea of when we might see just the VST/AU/MAS plugin for VEPro?  Are we days away?  Weeks?  Months?  Longer?  

I am moving toward a much more expensive hardware alternative and this decision hinges on whether VEPro's silicon-compatible release is close enough to be worth waiting for or not.  

I already have hardware audio I/O in place.  Next step is replacing network midi. Other options for network midi are a bit hit or miss in terms of stability and reliability, leaving VEPro as about the only option that has been both cost effective and reliable for networked midi and audio. 

There are a lot of composers with 2 - year old Mac M1s either gather dust or holding back on other upgrades.

All we need is the DAW plugin.  The server can wait.  In fact, I probably won't ever need an Apple silicon-compatible version of the server (RAM is way cheaper for PCs than new Macs, making PCs the easy choice for sample-servers).