Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,786 users have contributed to 42,413 threads and 255,610 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 26 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• @jweisig said in [Apple Silicon Native Transition](/post/316942):

There very well may be a problem, but as time continues to elapse, this is feeling like more than just getting VEP and Apple Silicon to work together. I’m starting to think GPU audio might be a factor here given the forthcoming integration with MIR and VSL’s interoperability among their tools. That kind of paradigm shift would be a lot more challenging and would explain the reluctance to develop an intermediate solution between Intel and this next iteration of VE Pro.

Well GPU audio would be a very welcome surprise. Seems like it would be a good time to do it given they're ripping their hair out writing code for a completely different architecture already but maybe we would have gotten some news of this like- "Hey keep your shirts on, the new version will be Amazing! Stupendous!! Colossal!!!!" But... no news.

Where did this "last release of round 1" news come from? Beta tester?, crystal ball?, Ouija Board? Karnak? Nostradamus?

My sympathy to those of you trying to make a living.

Vinny 2022 Mac Studio Max 64GB/ Mac OS Sonoma/ VEP7/ Mir 3D/ Synchronized SE1/ Synchron Harp/ V Smart Orch.+ Ext./ BBO Altair/ Arturia Keylab Essential 88/Analog Lab
  • @Vinny Colletti said in [Apple Silicon Native Transition](/post/316984):

Where did this "last release of round 1" news come from? Beta tester?, crystal ball?, Ouija Board? Karnak? Nostradamus?

From Paul's video.

• Thanks David, do you mean the video from a few months back? I thought this was something new.

Vinny 2022 Mac Studio Max 64GB/ Mac OS Sonoma/ VEP7/ Mir 3D/ Synchronized SE1/ Synchron Harp/ V Smart Orch.+ Ext./ BBO Altair/ Arturia Keylab Essential 88/Analog Lab
  • Yes, exactly, the video from March.

Best,

David

• Andddddd another week bites the dust....

• Gotta be programming job from hell. They'll get it

• They have been busy with Dual Strings to make more money

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic --- Studio equipped in Dolby Atmos 7.1.2
  • I just use VI and MIR PRO 3D in Logic as well as other AU like Kontakt, this save CPU

I am working on a 100 tracks project with no problem on my MacBook Pro 2019 64 GB

I am experimenting Dolby 7.4.1 at the moment

Just need to reboot when you start working in Logic, this to clear all memory used by other apps

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic --- Studio equipped in Dolby Atmos 7.1.2
  • Great to see the Apple Silicon native release of VEPro 7 today. Thank you guys!

Quick question - is it normal to see only the "Vienna Ensemble Pro Surround" plugin in the DAW? Should we be just using this one plugin and setting the output type to what we require even if that's not surround?

Thanks!

EDIT: SOLUTION - Just download with Vienna Assistant and install manually rather than entirely with Vienna Assistant. Thanks!

• last edited
    last edited

Hi everybody, 

VE Pro 7, VI Pro and Vienna Imperial are now Apple Silicon Ready and available in your Vienna Assistant!

Watch the announcement video on YouTube!

Update: VE Pro 7 GLITCH-FIX for VST3 and AAX on macOS- fixed with VE Pro 7.3.3335, available in your Vienna Assistant. 

Next up: Vienna Organ Player and Vienna Suite Pro. 

Also check out the special offers with VE Pro 7 (35% OFF, with upgrades starting from 45 EUR) and VI Collections (45% OFF)!

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul/VSL,

This is a great day, thanks so much VSL for these updates. Out of curiosity, how did you manage to port VI Pro and the Vienna Imperial to Apple Silicon? Back in March, you said it would be hard, if not impossible to port them to AS. Thanks again!

Best,

David

• Hi Paul and team,

Just tried a project that was maxing out CPU before and regardless of the great Apple Silicon addition, the performance jump with this new version is PHENOMENAL! (Cubase Intel <-> VEPro Server Windows). Thank you! HUGE reduction in load on the DAW. I'm seeing significantly better audio performance than before, even after having halved the buffer size!

Amazing! Thank you!

• Am I dreaming???!!!

Bye Rosetta!

• My joy for an Apple Silicon version of VE Pro is short lived. An AAX version doesn't seem to get installed. I've tried installing twice but there's nothing getting installed in:

Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Avid>Audio>Plugins

VST(3) and AU install fine. AAX Synchro Player/Pianos/Harp all installed correctly.

• last edited
    last edited

HI Marsdy, 

That's indeed a stupid glitch in the (silent) VA Installer.

I have posted the fix above, should be corrected with the next update: 

VE Pro 7 GLITCH-FIX for VST3 and AAX on macOS: Please use THIS WORKAROUND for now to install the software manually. The installation routine in the Vienna Assistant does not install these plug-ins properly!
    This installer issue will be fixed asap. 

Didn't want to ruin your first impression!

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • That worked! Thanks for the speedy reply Paul

David

• Hi Paul,

I just wanted to say thank you soooo much that Imperial was updated as well. That was my most important one, and I am so glad you made it work!!!

Vielen herzlichen Dank!!

• Still baffled by the PR side, but this is a huge release. Congrats! Game changer for so many people.

Frankly surprised it isn't a paid update and version 8; would gladly have paid for this! That's very decent of Vienna to do it like this.

• Finally!!! WhooHooo!!!

Although after all this time, I'm very apprehensive.  What's the best way for users to roll back if any of us encounter issues?

• Amazing news that everything is native now 😀 - thanks so much for making this happen!