Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,314 users have contributed to 42,390 threads and 255,487 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 64 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Firefrost said:

Ah....ok, thanks, Paul.

I'm not a technical person so I may have further questions. As things stand I can't accept all of ilok's T&Cs so I have to decide whether I accept them unwillingly or decline the conversion. This of course is my problem.

I know I've said some of th is before but it bears repeating:

What are you going to do when Steinberg does away with the elicenser which is on their horizon? They've already said it will be going away. Sooner or later you're going to be faced with having to deal with iLok. There's a lot of developers who are using iLok for protection. I've never had a problem with the iLok system. Have 2 iLoks and each has their own ZDT yearly coverage. Cheapest insurance investment that can be made.

Thank you musicman691 and I sincerely appreciate what you say.  It's less about a license key itself than what will be quite a palaver making the changeover. I think the price of the ilok is an outright rip off for what it is but that's beside the point.

Paul thankfully cleared up the issue about projects that still have the old Vienna Instruments (basic) player embedded. But I understand that I'll have to download all the audio samples again which will take forever and a day.

Like it or not, VSL doesn't always go into detail about doing something so I have to make assumptions, as happened when I first joined this throng so it scares me that some mistake of mine or a step missed in the instructions is going to foul things up. So once I start I'll have to be clear of any deadlines for about a month, just in case...

The insurance is fine. Very wordy but I get it that I'm covered for a lost or failed key. 

I may just have to grit my teeth about the T&C but if I can't, hope for a couple more years out of the eLicenser then "resign", which I'd have to do anyway if I foul up the transition. 

Again, many thanks. 

• When I open the Vienna Assistant and click on Installed, it says I have NO VIENNA PRODUCTS installed on this computer! I have dozens of them!

?????

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Alan,

The Vienna Assistant shows all iLok protected products that have been downloaded with the app.

This is how to make the switch to iLok, it is necessary to download your sample content once again.

More information right here, with FAQs, videos and manuals!

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks!

• Hello, I own the Steinway D-274 Full Library and the Standard Boesendorfer 280VC. I just switched to the iLok licenses & updated the player & samples. I'm having two major issues.

1. While all the microphone positions of the Full Library sound, I am not able to access them and it says that they are not included in my license. Again, I can hear them playing, the volume levels show, and they are blanked out and the player behaves as if I only have the Standard Library.

2. I am not able to access any of my presets suddenly.

I have uninstalled & reinstalled the software three times according to the instructions. I've included screenshots of the set up. Please advise.

• last edited
    last edited

@Yela said:

Hello, I own the Steinway D-274 Full Library and the Standard Boesendorfer 280VC. I just switched to the iLok licenses & updated the player & samples. I'm having two major issues.

1. While all the microphone positions of the Full Library sound, I am not able to access them and it says that they are not included in my license. Again, I can hear them playing, the volume levels show, and they are blanked out and the player behaves as if I only have the Standard Library.

2. I am not able to access any of my presets suddenly.

I have uninstalled & reinstalled the software three times according to the instructions. I've included screenshots of the set up. Please advise.

And yes, I do have the licenses properly loaded up in iLok.

• Hi:

Congratulations on the move VSL - this looks like a complex process, which you've clearly put a lot of thought into. Of course there are going to be edge cases - but I have faith that you're doing your best by your customers!

I have a few questions that I can't find the answers to in the extensive documentation ;-)

1. I'm currently setting up an additional system to work alongside my existing systems, and have just ordered some additional VI licenses (through Best Service) for this. Will I be able to license these onto eLicenser, so as to maintain compatibility with my existing systems?
    2. If not, what are the implications for upgrading only one system to iLok? Can I seamlessly exchange projects between an iLok-enabled system and an eLicenser-enabled system?
    3. If not, what are the minimum system requirements for iLok-enabled systems? I'm running on macOS 10.14 Mojave at present;
    4. I used Vienna Ensemble 6 (NOT Pro) - is this transitioned to iLok, or is it discontinued with the Pro version of 6?

Thanks!

• I have now spent days trying to make this transition from eLicenser to iLok, and it still doesn't work. I've watched every video...read endless posts, etc.

I've downloaded my libraries...I have the latest software...all my iLok licenses are on my iLok dongle...Vienna Assistant shows all libraries as 'Installed'.

I open Synchron Player in a new empty Logic session....meaning nothing there that could possibly be impacting the Synchron Player...and there is no content...not a single library.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Is it fixable?

This transition was not ready. So frustrating.

• Why not test it first with the standalone player?

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • Thanks for the reply and suggestion Bill, but I did try that...same scenario. No content.

• And you did activate your libraries in iLok? (Sorry to ask :) )

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • I have not received the email yet, even though I just purchased Synchron WW a few weeks ago.

When will I get it?

• Thanks a 2nd time Bill, and don't be sorry...I've learned the hard way over many years...there are no dumb suggestions.

In this case, yes, all my licenses are sitting (seemingly) happily on an iLok dongle.

• Having them on the iLok is one thing, but activating them is a separate step, which is why I asked :)

• last edited
    last edited

@belkina said:

I have not received the email yet, even though I just purchased Synchron WW a few weeks ago.

When will I get it?

Hi Alan, I think you need to have made a purchase after the change over to get the green light, otherwise it could be a few weeks.

• Yes, I understand the difference between having them in your account versus activated on a dongle...and indeed, all my licenses are definitely activated.

I am open to any and all suggestions. This has left me with an unusable system.

Thanks Bill

• In the middle of downloading my content. What's disappointing is that on a Mac there's no special icon for Vienna Assistant. It's a non-descript looking piece of paper with what looks like the letter A - I think this might just be the generic Apple application icon.

•  

I'll jump into this thread here rather than starting a new one :)

I have two products: Big Bang Orchestra and Great Rieger Organ. Both have transferred successfully to my iLok account. 

With Big Bang I have two activations available. I have used one to my desktop PC and the other is unusued. There is no option to activate to iLok Cloud. 

With Great Rieger Organ there is only one activation and this is only to iLok Cloud. Why is there only one activation and no 'activate to computer' option? 

EDIT: I have stupid 'Covid positive for three days' brain. Seems like all of the Syncron stuff is Cloud only. IGNORE ME FOR I AM A FOOL! :D

• last edited
    last edited

@sloughcreek said:

Yes, I understand the difference between having them in your account versus activated on a dongle...and indeed, all my licenses are definitely activated.

I am open to any and all suggestions. This has left me with an unusable system.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Synchron Player yet? Worth posting some screenshots?

Failing that - and painful as it might be - you could uninstall and revert to the eLicenser-versions of the software if you need to get working...

• last edited
    last edited

Hello everybody, 

Thanks for posting here... We're doing our best to keep the overview ðŸ˜Š

Of course fellow users will be able to help as well, but you're always on the safe side with a mail to our support team, with a detailed description of the troubles: support@vsl.co.at!

We'll get through those teething troubles very quickly, new updates already in the pipeline!

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL