Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,109 users have contributed to 42,275 threads and 254,983 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 37 new user(s).

• Hi, 

Hm, that's the first time I have seen that question... I actually don't know, but I don't see what speaks against it. 
    I guess the next time you install an update, it will be installed into separate folders in your Applications folder again, Mac standard. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

Hm, that's the first time I have seen that question... I actually don't know, but I don't see what speaks against it. 
    I guess the next time you install an update, it will be installed into separate folders in your Applications folder again, Mac standard. 

Best, 
    Paul

I do know there are a lot of programs that will allow installation into whatever folder you want on a Mac. Oh well - it was worth a try.

• I can't find if this has been already explained, but – how can one install Synchron Strings I Optimized, on iLok? I can't see them in Vienna Assistant.

Paolo

• Hi Paolo, I see them in the chapter Synchron Series, the same chapter, where Synchron Strings I is. I give you a screenshot.

• last edited
    last edited

@MMKA said:

Hi Paolo, I see them in the chapter Synchron Series, the same chapter, where Synchron Strings I is. I give you a screenshot.

Thank you, MMKA. Now I see it in my VA.

Paolo

• Paul, Ben, and VSL:

After giving it a while, I'm happy to say that - for me - the process of switching from e-Licenser to iLok went completely uneventful for me.  

Downloading was a breeze, installation was straightforward enough, nothing glitched out or gave me a heart attack.  The only possible hiccup is a potential bug/performance issue with VEP7 post i-Lok change (which I've sent a support ticket for and may or may not be unrelated to the iLok switch).  Everything else has gone swimmingly as far as I can tell.

Thank you for taking your time with this and executing it with patience and diligence.  I know it hasn't gone as smoothly for everyone, but I think it's important to hear of the successes along with the stumbles.

- Sam

• I have a VSL library (Synchron Piano D-274) with the eLicenser license that I use in a laptop with the eLicenser dongle (from time to time I have to use it offline, and I like the convenience of the dongle). I am now considering to buy another synchron piano library (the Yamaha CFX), and that will of course come with the current iLok licensing.

My question is: can I have both systems installed in the same computer (not simultaneously, of course)? Run the d-274 with the eLicenser dongle and the CFX with the iLok system?

• last edited
    last edited

@Vagfilm said:

I have a VSL library (Synchron Piano D-274) with the eLicenser license that I use in a laptop with the eLicenser dongle (from time to time I have to use it offline, and I like the convenience of the dongle). I am now considering to buy another synchron piano library (the Yamaha CFX), and that will of course come with the current iLok licensing.

My question is: can I have both systems installed in the same computer (not simultaneously, of course)? Run the d-274 with the eLicenser dongle and the CFX with the iLok system?

Why not just transfer the eLicenser asset over to your iLok?

• last edited
    last edited

@musicman691 said:

I already did that, but in a separate computer. Thus, I have a music-only laptop that is able to run the d274 offline with a dongle, and a work laptop that runs the ilok 274 (whenever I don't have the music laptop with me). I know that you can't have the SAME license on ilok and eLicenser on the same machine. But I am not sure what happens with two different licenses on the same machine: can you have one under eLicenser and the other one for a different library running on iLok?

• last edited
    last edited

@musicman691 said:

I already did that, but in a separate computer. Thus, I have a music-only laptop that is able to run the d274 offline with a dongle, and a work laptop that runs the ilok 274 (whenever I don't have the music laptop with me). I know that you can't have the SAME license on ilok and eLicenser on the same machine. But I am not sure what happens with two different licenses on the same machine: can you have one under eLicenser and the other one for a different library running on iLok? I still don't understand the problem. Are you saying you want to have the license on 2 different computers at the same time? If so why worry about having them on the same machine? Your description isn't all that clear on exactly what you are trying to do. Or don't you want to move the iLok between machines? The iLok license moves with the iLok.

• Ok... I have a d-274 eLicenser library running in my main laptop, and would like to keep it like that for as long as possible (I am offline from time to time, and that will force me to get an iLok dongle). If I buy another synchron piano library, that library will come with an iLok license. So, my question is: can both libraries co-exist in the same machine, or the moment I install the second library (iLok one) I will also be forced to install the iLok license of the d-274 and I will have no more offline library (unless I get the iLok dongle, of course)?

• last edited
    last edited

@Vagfilm said:

Ok... I have a d-274 eLicenser library running in my main laptop, and would like to keep it like that for as long as possible (I am offline from time to time, and that will force me to get an iLok dongle). If I buy another synchron piano library, that library will come with an iLok license. So, my question is: can both libraries co-exist in the same machine, or the moment I install the second library (iLok one) I will also be forced to install the iLok license of the d-274 and I will have no more offline library (unless I get the iLok dongle, of course)?

Hi, Vag,

My understanding is No:  https://www.vsl.info/en/tutorials/faqs/ilok#ilokelcc

• Thanks Jane F, I am well aware of that information from the FAQ (that was the reason for not buying the license upgrade from standard to full of the d-274 during last sale...), but I think that the wording in the faq is not 100% clear about the possibility of maintaining both licensing systems in the same machine for NON-SIMULTANEOUS use of different libraries. That is why I asked here for an official response, before deciding if a go full iLok or maintain my current situation. But should have asked before Paul's weekend :)

• last edited
    last edited

@Vagfilm said:

Thanks Jane F, I am well aware of that information from the FAQ (that was the reason for not buying the license upgrade from standard to full of the d-274 during last sale...), but I think that the wording in the faq is not 100% clear about the possibility of maintaining both licensing systems in the same machine for NON-SIMULTANEOUS use of different libraries. That is why I asked here for an official response, before deciding if a go full iLok or maintain my current situation. But should have asked before Paul's weekend :)
    I would just go iLok and be done with it. The iLok3 is smaller than iLok2. Sooner or later you're going to run into s/w that needs it as not everything that does iLok allows the use of machine licensing where you don't need the physical iLok.

• In case it is of interest to anyone, i was indeed unable to mix eLicenser and iLok synchon piano products IN THE SAME MACHINE. Guess I will have to forget using VSL offline (unless I buy the iLok dongle, but since I had bought the Steinberg eLicenser a couple of weeks before VSL announced the move to iLok, I am not too keen on getting another even more expensive dongle).

• last edited
    last edited

@Vagfilm said:

In case it is of interest to anyone, i was indeed unable to mix eLicenser and iLok synchon piano products IN THE SAME MACHINE. Guess I will have to forget using VSL offline (unless I buy the iLok dongle, but since I had bought the Steinberg eLicenser a couple of weeks before VSL announced the move to iLok, I am not too keen on getting another even more expensive dongle).
    For the umpteenth time - just go iLok as sooner or later you're going to run into s/w that needs the physical iLok dongle. I believe even Steinberg has deprecated the eLicenser system.

• Where can I read the latest on how to go from the elicensor to ilok without trying to read 17 pages of posts on this thread?  Thank you!!!

• last edited
    last edited

@deswind said:

Where can I read the latest on how to go from the elicensor to ilok without trying to read 17 pages of posts on this thread?  Thank you!!!

I would jump a few pages in from the beginning and look - it's what anyone of us would have to do.

• last edited
    last edited

@deswind said:

Where can I read the latest on how to go from the elicensor to ilok without trying to read 17 pages of posts on this thread?  Thank you!!!

I would jump a few pages in from the beginning and look - it's what anyone of us would have to do.

I found what I needed here: https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Hello_iLok

• last edited
    last edited

@deswind said:

I found what I needed here: https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Hello_iLok#:~:text=Starting%20now%2C%20when%20you%20purchase,iLok%20License%20Manager%20for%20activation.

Just to let you know but your link doesn't work. Still a simple search here would have turned up the fix or use Google to find the answer. Not trying to be a jerk but learning how to use search tools like Google or Duck Duck Go will go a long way to getting you through life.