Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,621 users have contributed to 42,399 threads and 255,544 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@musicman691 said:

Count yourself lucky we at least got a sometime this year acknowledgement. If I had to take a further guess I'd say second half of the year.

Let me poke the man unabashedly, my friend, lest he sees through the ruse.

Poke Ben and Paul too much and they'll just tune us out and you don't want that to happen. Like I said we're lucky we got a ball park response; they could have just blown us off and used the old 'it'll be out when it's ready' and left things just as murky as before.

• last edited
    last edited

@musicman691 said:

Poke Ben and Paul too much and they'll just tune us out and you don't want that to happen. Like I said we're lucky we got a ball park response; they could have just blown us off and used the old 'it'll be out when it's ready' and left things just as murky as before.

And you are certain of all that because?

In any case, Paul or Ben won't "blown us off", that is not how VSL behaves. I'm certain we should get at least a courteous response, which is not worse than 'it'll be out when it's ready' which is the current deadline.

As customers, we shouldn't be afraid of asking information about changes that affect the products we own.

• Hi everybody, 

We cannot give you an exact date. 

As soon as software is involved, unexpected things happen all the time. Especially in those final steps.

We don't want to upset or disappoint you by promising something we cannot deliver in time, so we don't make promises. Instead we take the time that's necessary to provide you with what you can rightfully expect: A comfortable transition process from eLicenser to iLok. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best, 
    Paul 

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Are there any new contents for exciting products when transition to ilok? As I remember from one of the posts.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

We don't want to upset or disappoint you by promising something we cannot deliver in time, so we don't make promises. Instead we take the time that's necessary to provide you with what you can rightfully expect: A comfortable transition process from eLicenser to iLok.

Thank you for taking your time on this.  It would be a huge mistake to rush such an important thing so - for what it's worth - I'm very, very glad the company is not (rushing).  Imo, this transition is the correct move for many reasons and it's very important that it go off without a hitch (or as few hitches as possible).

- Sam

• I am not looking to be critical, but both e-licenser and iLok have been around a very long time, so I  am surprised that transitioning from using one copy protection scheme to the other is such a big deal. But admittedly, I have no real knowledge as to what is involved.

• last edited
    last edited

@Ashermusic said:

I am not looking to be critical, but both e-licenser and iLok have been around a very long time, so I  am surprised that transitioning from using one copy protection scheme to the other is such a big deal. But admittedly, I have no real knowledge as to what is involved.

Although someone earlier in this thread said otherwise, it seems logical to me that VSL would wait for iLok to be M1 native, which is yet to happen, before transitioning. 

• last edited
    last edited

@Ashermusic said:

I am not looking to be critical, but both e-licenser and iLok have been around a very long time, so I am surprised that transitioning from using one copy protection scheme to the other is such a big deal. But admittedly, I have no real knowledge as to what is involved.
    Although someone earlier in this thread said otherwise, it seems logical to me that VSL would wait for iLok to be M1 native, which is yet to happen, before transitioning. But it works with Rosetta 2.

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

Although someone earlier in this thread said otherwise, it seems logical to me that VSL would wait for iLok to be M1 native, which is yet to happen, before transitioning.

As far as I know PACE /iLok provided beta versions of their developer Kits already in Q4 of 2021. Some developers using iLok (for example Liquidsonics) already released Apple Silicon optimized versions of their software.
    So – not sure if this is a reason why VSL waits ...

• last edited
    last edited

@Ashermusic said:

I am not looking to be critical, but both e-licenser and iLok have been around a very long time, so I am surprised that transitioning from using one copy protection scheme to the other is such a big deal. But admittedly, I have no real knowledge as to what is involved.

But it works with Rosetta 2.Not so for the MAS version of VE Pro unfortunately. 

Re iLok. I don't know if/how this would make a diff, but Liquidsonics and others were already iLok apps, whereas VSL is making a transition from e-licensor. 

• Good idea, but why don't you spend the time getting the e-licenser server working again so we can use new sample sets purchased?
    It's not been working today, and you don't mention this on your website - which I reckon is a pretty poor show really.

Windows 11 home AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32 core processor (base 3.7 GHz) 96 GIG RAM Focusright Scarlett 18i20 Yamaha HS8 monitors Presonus E5xt monitor speakers Johannes Opus 20 2 manual Organ Roland A80 keyboard
  • Hi, 

Sorry about the troubles with eLicenser, seems like the release of Cubase 12 was a bit too much for Steinberg's license server. 

Should be better by now, thanks for your patience!

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Ashermusic said:

I am not looking to be critical, but both e-licenser and iLok have been around a very long time, so I  am surprised that transitioning from using one copy protection scheme to the other is such a big deal. But admittedly, I have no real knowledge as to what is involved.

Although someone earlier in this thread said otherwise, it seems logical to me that VSL would wait for iLok to be M1 native, which is yet to happen, before transitioning. FWIW, PACE announced M1 compatibility for iLok yesterday. So if that was an impediment for developers transitioning to M1, we should see more UB versions of plugins soon...and perhaps iLok for VSL  

• last edited
    last edited

@Dan Wool said:

FWIW, PACE announced M1 compatibility for iLok yesterday. So if that was an impediment for developers transitioning to M1, we should see more UB versions of plugins soon...and perhaps iLok for VSL  

Yeah, hopefully we'll see VSL/M1 compatibility soon. Other software that I use, such as, VILabs and Native Instruments, that are Universal Binary, run soooo much better than VSL on my M1 MacBook Pro.

It's time VSL. Looking forward to the update.

God Bless,

David 

F308, D-274, 280VC, Yamaha CFX, Bösendorfer Imperial, Vienna Imperial
  • Seriously cannot WAIT for this.  (both the ilok transition and the AS native MAS VEP).  So excited.  

• last edited
    last edited

.... aaaaand we're LIVE with iLok!

Celebrate with us, discounts on all products: Up to 42% off!

Videos, FAQs and more right here!

All the best from Vienna,

Your VSL Team

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

.... aaaaand we're LIVE with iLok!

Celebrate with us, discounts on all products: Up to 42% off!

Videos, FAQs and more right here!

All the best from Vienna, 

Your VSL Team

I see there is a tiered system for transitioning elicenses over to iLok depending on the year purchased. Will whose of us that will have to wait for a while get an email notification of when the iLok license is usable? Also the video you do explaining the transition refers to free s/w not being able to go to a hardware iLok - is the free Epic Orchestra we got when getting VEPro 7 fall under this category?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi, 

Thanks for watching the video!

There is a lot of information already available in the provided link... 

To answer your questions: 

• Yes, of course you will be notified via mail when it's your turn to switch 🍸
    • No, Epic Orchestra 2.0 is not a free instrument. 

Best, 
    Paul

• I've watched all the videos. Very well done. It's obvious you put the work into this to make the transition smooth as possible. Exciting times. Thank you.

A few questions not addressed in the videos (unless I missed it).

1. Since there is no "deposit" button option when linking my VSL account to iLok, that means my spot in the boarding process has not come up yet. Correct?

2. I currently own three VSL licenses purchased in 2019, 2020, and 2021. Will all three of those products be eligible for transfer at the same time? 

3. Based on the years my purchases were made, do expect my transfers to be eligible in a few weeks, months, or next year? 

4. Will the new Vienna Assistant (iLok) download an M1 (Universal Binary) version of Synchron Pianos? 

Thanks for the help.

God Bless,

David

F308, D-274, 280VC, Yamaha CFX, Bösendorfer Imperial, Vienna Imperial
  • last edited
    last edited

Hi David, 

You're a quick viewer! Thanks for the kind words!

@David B. said:

1. Since there is no "deposit" button option when linking my VSL account to iLok, that means my spot in the boarding process has not come up yet. Correct?

2. I currently own three VSL licenses purchased in 2019, 2020, and 2021. Will all three of those products be eligible for transfer at the same time?
    3. Based on the years my purchases were made, do expect my transfers to be eligible in a few weeks, months, or next year?
    4. Will the new Vienna Assistant (iLok) download an M1 (Universal Binary) version of Synchron Pianos? 

1) Yes. 

2) Yes. 

3) Rather weeks. We're watching the traffic. 

4) Not yet...

Best,
    Paul